PDA

View Full Version : Who is gona watch KB volume 2

EZweasel
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Who is watching it tonight/opening night.

04-16-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm seeing it Sunday. It looks so great, I can't wait.

Voltron
04-16-2004, 06:19 PM
I hope it's going to be as good as the first.

GreatTuraga
04-16-2004, 06:41 PM
In Vol. 1, the crazy 88 fight looked sooooo fake like a 60's japanesse movie....... Why is this movie as popular as it is? As for the poll question, I'm going to say its a tie between DVD and never, but I voted DVD.

04-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Because I guess you missed the fact that it's a stereotypical movie, and it's everything you could ever want.

BigThew
04-16-2004, 07:15 PM
In Vol. 1, the crazy 88 fight looked sooooo fake like a 60's japanesse movie........

that was the point

Voltron
04-16-2004, 07:35 PM
In Vol. 1, the crazy 88 fight looked sooooo fake like a 60's japanesse movie....... Why is this movie as popular as it is? As for the poll question, I'm going to say its a tie between DVD and never, but I voted DVD.

Tarintino made this as a tribute to his childhood, if you will. He incorporated everything he remembered from what he saw around him when he was just a wee one. Note the Western feel of Bill, the cowboy. The samurai feel of Lucy Lu. The Shaft deal with Vivica Foxx. The Astro Boy incorporated with the anime portion. I loved the Kato masks on the Yakuza, which is a reference to the Yakuza movies he watched as a kid and apparently his love for the Green Hornet (corniest hero ever) as well as Bruce Lee. Just look through it, its nothing but nerd culture rolled into two movies.

Taloniss
04-16-2004, 07:51 PM
DVD, when they eventually release the Special Edition Box Set, which you know is coming. It seems every movie gets double dipped these days, and I'd rather wait then have to buy two copies, and you can tell it's coming when vol. 1 was so light on features.

GreatTuraga
04-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey, Whatever floats your boat guys..........

Machias Banshee
04-16-2004, 07:54 PM
to heck with vol. 2, i gotta see vol. 1!

I saw a or THE movie poster. it shows a hand holding a sword, holding a handkerchief with the words Kill Bill on it, and japanese kanji in the background. I SO wanna get one of those... :o

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-16-2004, 08:20 PM

I saw a or THE movie poster. it shows a hand holding a sword, holding a handkerchief with the words Kill Bill on it, and japanese kanji in the background. I SO wanna get one of those... :o

Well go rent it or buy it! It just came out on DVD. That will prep you up for the second part, which is out now! :D Life is so great sometimes, isn't it?

Tigershard
04-16-2004, 08:37 PM
I just got back from seeing it. While it starts out a bit slow, the movie is freakin' awesome! For those of you who haven't seen it yet, wait until the credits are over for another short scene.

cqb101
04-17-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm leaving in 30 mins to go see it. Tarantino is my favorite director. I practicaly worshiup him, lol. I can't wait! In honor of Vol.2 coming out, I hosted a tarantino movie marathon last night with a bunch of friends. We watcxhed Res dogs, pulp fiction, jacki brown, kill bill vol.1, and from dusk till dawn.

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I leaving in about 15 minutes to go see it. I have heard a lot of good news about it and I can't wait to see how it ends!!!!! :D

Relay
04-17-2004, 12:28 PM
I tried to go see it last night at 11:30 but it was sold out. I couldn't believe a late late show was sold out, especially at such a ghetto theater. I'm going to see it sooner or later, but hopefully sooner.

sensei#me
04-17-2004, 05:12 PM
buitiful katanas.......just buitiful.

EZweasel
04-17-2004, 05:15 PM
it didnt realy start out slow. i loved the movie. this movie is just more story driven than the first one. so the first and second are sorta two different movies. i had my favorite part in it though. it beat any part from the first and second volumes. i wont mention it though because it woud be a spoiler. here is the wierd thing. there was hardly any people in my theater. and our theater isnt ghetto. myabe our town hates kill bill or something.

cqb101
04-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Holy ****! Vol.2 kicked the **** outta vol.1. @ had all of the story and plot that the first one lacked. It's still not as good as Reservoir Dogs(his best, IMO) or Pulp Fiction, tho.

Jo Dawn
04-17-2004, 10:07 PM

I haven't seen Volume 1 yet, either...

cqb101
04-18-2004, 09:36 AM

I haven't seen Volume 1 yet, either...

Blasphemy! Go rent it! Now!

Anarchistguy
04-18-2004, 09:43 PM
THE FIRST ONE IS A MUST SEE!!!

Dr. Doom
04-19-2004, 09:33 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Upon initial reaction, I was rather dissapointed by the fact that Volume 2 didn't have the same crazy anime-ish action, and by the fact that the entirety of this saga seems to be leading up to something that never happens: a huge, epic battle between Beatrix and Bill. But I later realized that this was supposed to all be one movie and is best judged in that sense. So in that way, I really appreciate what Tarantino did with giving us a healthy dose of the crazy action, and then slwoing the story down and breaking it apart to give us another one of his beautiful dialogue and more emotionally intense scenes. On whole, Kill Bill (both halves) make up maybe my 3rd or 4th favorite movie of all time.

Naruto
04-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Ill watch it sooner or later like the vote said :P

Dr. Doom
04-19-2004, 09:44 AM
At this point, the poll should probably be changed to show who's seen it already.

HorseTechie
04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
If you must... :wink:

Hubby rented out KB 1 on Sautrday. Twas good. I liked the action and the sword fighting especially. THe cinematic angles and the foucs ont eh eyes were great too. (reminded me fo the FoxBox TMNT style) The blood spurts were cheesy, IMO... but I guess it was typical for it to look that that in this style. Blood doesn't spray out hard and fast like it were a runaway garden hose. Normally it just pumps out in surges. Then I'll be more 'grossed out'. :P

We'll prolly see KB 2 "sooner or later". Hubby might give in and see this in the theatres too, instead of waitng for the DVD. :roll: