PDA

View Full Version : I am unsure what to do with my life

Cascadia
04-16-2004, 09:16 PM
lately, I have been upset. And I am unsure on what to do with my life. I have not been sleeping very well. :(

Jo Dawn
04-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Aww... Really? You mean like school-wise, you're not sure? Hmm... I think almost everyone does that at least once in college or university. It's especially bad if things have been stressful, and classes get to be really hard.

I hope you're feeling better soon. *huggles SciFreak* Sorry I can't help more.

Cascadia
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
school is tough right now. life is a wreck. since 2001, I have showed signs of depression.

Mars-Chan
04-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Aw....Sci-Freak...*hugs also*

Does this make you feel any better?

*Snorts* :lol:

http://new.sendafriend.com/funpages/view.cfm/2018

Jo Dawn
04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
hehe, Mars, I love that one... :)

Cascadia
04-16-2004, 09:28 PM
thank you :cry: off and on, I get very sad. In 2 weeks, it will be the 1st anniversary of my horse's passing.

Mars-Chan
04-16-2004, 09:29 PM
*is still ROFLing so hard*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know! :lol:

Jo Dawn
04-16-2004, 09:30 PM
thank you off and on, I get very sad. In 2 weeks, it will be the 1st anniversary of my horse's passing.
Awwww... Well, yeah, that's a tough thing... I can understand something like that. I do hope that you're feeling better soon.

Cascadia
04-16-2004, 09:32 PM
thank you so much.....this spill will pass eventually

Mars-Chan
04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
*hugs Sci-freak* We all know what it's like to lose a pet.

Me, I lost mine to euthinasia....I miss the little guy... :cry:

04-16-2004, 09:35 PM
I never know what I'm doing with my life. I just live for today and don't think about tomorrow. It's easier that way.

Jo Dawn
04-16-2004, 09:38 PM
I never know what I'm doing with my life. I just live for today and don't think about tomorrow. It's easier that way.

Man, I wish I could do that... But I can't. Along with the Don, that's the Leo in me... *sigh*

Cascadia
04-16-2004, 09:38 PM
my horse was put to sleep. my rescued dog is keeping me company

normally, my attitude is to look forward what the day may bring. I do have some Leo in me because I am very tough on myself.

Jo Dawn
04-16-2004, 09:44 PM
normally, my attitude is to look forward what the day may bring. I do have some Leo in me because I am very tough on myself.

Me too... I'm way more critical of myself than anyone else... That's a hard thing in itself...

Meeko
04-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Ive been Crabby all week to
I failed the fricken BST math test by 1 point
then my computer broke
then i got hit in the head by a basketball
The list goes on

Well good luck figuring things out scifreak

Jo Dawn
04-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Ive been Crabby all week to
I failed the fricken BST math test by 1 point
then my computer broke
then i got hit in the head by a basketball
The list goes on

Well good luck figuring things out scifreak

Aww... I think it's been a bad week for everyone. My weeks sucked, too. *hugs Meeko*

Brodie
04-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Not true, my weeks been fantastic, with Hellboy and The Punisher...good week, good week.

ThirdMarioBro
04-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Sorry you've had so much crap SciFreak. I've had somecrap lately too. I'll go rant in another thread. Sorry again taht you're so depressed

*higs Sci Freak* :)

Anarky
04-17-2004, 02:47 AM
my horse was put to sleep. my rescued dog is keeping me company

if there's one thing i learnt from live, i mean really important stuff, then it is that live is hard but unfair. wahtever you do, you'll end up being the screwed one. BUT: things get better one day. it might not be tomorrow or the day after but one day...

i know this is some lousy advice, but it's all i can give you.

kyabetsu
04-17-2004, 06:59 AM

*Snorts* :lol: ***INSERT WEIRD-@SS CHICKEN THING HERE***

okay. mars? that ... i dunno, but dude. if i were on a ledge and i needed some one to talk me down... and they did the chicken dance... i'd jump. no. i'd PUSH them, and THEN i'd jump. *shudders*

okay... SciFreak? The only thing i can tell you right now... spoil yourself. Do anything that makes you happy. Get OUT of the house. Walk that dog. Go see Movies. Hang out with friends. Try not to dwell on the bad stuff. That's a pretty difficult thing, but you don't wanna get stuck in a rut, you know? Negative thinking and feelings can be awfully hard to break out of, especially if you think it's justified, but you can do it.

Because no matter HOW reasonable is it to be sad at the loss of a loved one or the aimless direction your life is taking? ... You have your MIND. your ACCOMPLISHMENTS. a roof over your head. food to eat. and people who do care about you and value you as a person.

so sure, feel down for a little bit, it's okay. but ALWAYS remember the good stuff... that you are a smart, well-educated person who has done and WILL do a lot of good in your life.

oh. and eat yer vegetables.

Tigershard
04-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems Sci-freak. I am not sure what to tell you, since I don't really know you, but I'll leave a few words any way.

Success is relative, but it is easy to forget that. My parents were always pushing me, hoping they were pushing me towards leading a successful life. They are not happy with a number of things in my life (some of them choices, some of them not), but I am happy where I am going at the moment. You don't have to be a doctor, or lawyer, or someone else who makes lots of money. To be succesful, you have to decide on something you enjoy doing, and want do to. Don't Be miserable for the rest of your life because you made a choice that other people thought would make you succesful.

I hope the sun starts shinning for you soon.

MTN889
04-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Aw thats too bad sci freak... im sure things will turn out good... that is at least what my brothers tell me.

Jo Dawn
04-17-2004, 09:06 AM
*nods* Things will get better. Because no matter what, there's always something that's good waiting around the corner. Sometimes the 'corner' is farther away than we'd like... but the good will come. And sometimes you have to look for it, but it's there. :) It will get better soon.

And, SciFreak, I agree with Kya. Go pamper yourself. I find 'retail-therapy' to be rather effective... even if it's not even buying anything, but just trying on stuff... even stuff that you'd never even wear... something crazy. It can be fun.

Cascadia
04-17-2004, 09:43 AM
my life is getting better...

Tigershard
04-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Two songs that are great when you are feeling down/depressed:

"Are you Sad" and "Life", both by Our Lady Peace.

Mars-Chan
04-18-2004, 09:41 PM
*hugs Sci-Freak* Glad to know things are getting better. :)

Wes
04-18-2004, 09:50 PM
*hugs SF too*

I understand what you're going through, SF -- not with the loss of a pet thing (I've had pets die, but that was so long ago I don't really remember it...), but with the not knowing what to do next and the aimlessness and stuff. Wish I had some advice for how to deal with it. I don't. All I have are hugs and support.

*hugs SF again*

Ja.

Mars-Chan
04-19-2004, 08:35 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mars:

*Snorts* ***INSERT WEIRD-@SS CHICKEN THING HERE***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Kyabetsu:

okay. mars? that ... i dunno, but dude. if i were on a ledge and i needed some one to talk me down... and they did the chicken dance... i'd jump. no. i'd PUSH them, and THEN i'd jump. *shudders*

Well..it's better than the Donald Trump thing I found... :lol:

HorseTechie
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that life feels like the pits for you, SF. :( Especially when you're faced with sooooo many possibilities, downfalls, goals, and chances... but you still are not sure what is the best way.

I guess at time like this, it's best to just keep yourself focused on a brighter tomorrow. That once you get through this, things will eventually fall into place and start looking up. I've been though downer periods too, even though my depression isn't of the chronic sort.

In the meanwhile.. I agree with Kya. Find something to do that totally perks you up. Or invite a bunch of your best friends over to have a crazy all nighter, watching movies, and laughing about insane stupid things. Laughing is medicine for the soul. That always helps me come around, if not for awhile. :)

Billy the Kid
04-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems Sci-freak. I am not sure what to tell you, since I don't really know you, but I'll leave a few words any way.

Success is relative, but it is easy to forget that. My parents were always pushing me, hoping they were pushing me towards leading a successful life. They are not happy with a number of things in my life (some of them choices, some of them not), but I am happy where I am going at the moment. You don't have to be a doctor, or lawyer, or someone else who makes lots of money. To be succesful, you have to decide on something you enjoy doing, and want do to. Being miserable for the rest of your life because you made a choice that other people thought would make you succesful.

I hope the sun starts shinning for you soon.

SF,

Tigershard has given you the best possible advise IMHO!!! You must be happy with what you are doing or else you will be miserable. Find something you love and go with it.

Also sorry to hear about your loss. It will be 13 years on May 7 since I lost my best friend (my dog Jack) and I still miss him.

Work hard in school but don't kill yourself. Anyone can have a bad Semester. In fact I totally bombed my first year, dropped out and went back after re-evaluating my life goals.

Oh and don't fall for the myth about us lawyers making lots of money. You should see my student loan payments!!! :o

Take Care!!!

Keith

04-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Just hang in there, you'll make it somehow. :)