PDA

View Full Version : Any Trade Paperbacks of the Mirage series ever gonna happen?

DrSpengler
04-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, I REALLY want to get into the Mirage comics, but they're either hard to find or very expensive.

So does Mirage havy any plans of any kind to release a TPB of the original run?

I imagine they'd sell quite well (I'd buy em, anyway).

Taloniss
04-18-2004, 06:49 AM
Larid has said in letter pages that he has plans too, but he doesn't know when it will happen.

Tigershard
04-18-2004, 07:04 AM
In the most recent issue, Laird said if it ever happens, it will not be the entire series, only select important issues.

Taloniss
04-18-2004, 07:05 AM
I hope it'd be the stuff that is canon. Or, at least, major arcs, like RTNY and CAW.

DrSpengler
04-18-2004, 09:00 AM
That kind of sucks.

Any reason why he wouldn't want to do TPBs like everyone else?

impetus
04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, I REALLY want to get into the Mirage comics, but they're either hard to find or very expensive.uh... no... actually they are neither. check eBay. The average book goes for far less than any new comic at the shop. Look for high volume lots and then fill in your holes at some of the back issue sites (or local shops if possible). OR, save up and wait for those lots that have the entire series in one go - they tend to go very cheap. Alternately, buy the collected books --->

So does Mirage have any plans of any kind to release a TPB of the original runThere are several TPB's out already, but they are somewhat old. Easy enough to find and inexpensive though if you look. If you get all 8 volumes (1-7 and Collected Tales, with 1, 7 and Tales being the most elusive) there's about 40 issues collected. Laird has said in the lettercol that he'd like to do reprints in the future, but I think that's on the back burner.

Any reason why he wouldn't want to do TPBs like everyone else?not sure what you mean by "like everyone else", but at the moment contractual disagreement over Cerebus' appearance in #8 being reprinted are halting any reprints of that issue, meaning a comprehensive edition is impossible until the issue is resolved.

DrSpengler
04-18-2004, 03:43 PM
uh... no... actually they are neither. check eBay. The average book goes for far less than any new comic at the shop. Look for high volume lots and then fill in your holes at some of the back issue sites (or local shops if possible). OR, save up and wait for those lots that have the entire series in one go - they tend to go very cheap. Alternately, buy the collected books --->

Everytime I check eBay I can either only find a few various issues from random points in the series, or "Super Rare Hard to Find Mysterious 3rd Printing TMNT #1!" for, like, $70. Maybe I just keep checking at the worst times?

There are several TPB's out already, but they are somewhat old. Easy enough to find and inexpensive though if you look. If you get all 8 volumes (1-7 and Collected Tales, with 1, 7 and Tales being the most elusive) there's about 40 issues collected. Laird has said in the lettercol that he'd like to do reprints in the future, but I think that's on the back burner.

The owner fo my comic shop mentioned those. Said they were out of print. He also mentioned that they were colorized, expensive and "oversized". Perhaps he was mistaken. I'll see if I can find them.

not sure what you mean by "like everyone else",

It was in regards to the description of his plans for future TPBs given by Tigershard. "Everyone Else" is in regards to the fact that most publishers release the complete collection of stories rather than "best of"s.

Thanks. That might make tracking down issues a little easier.

impetus
04-18-2004, 07:03 PM
check your PM ;)

DrSpengler
04-18-2004, 07:15 PM
check your PM ;)

I don't see anything new. :(

impetus
04-18-2004, 07:18 PM
sorry, should be there now

The books your comic shop dude mentioned were the "Graphic Novels", not the collected books (which were contrarily b/w cheap, and regular sized).

Bourgeois Buffoon
04-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I feel for DrSpengler, as I am in his situation entirely.

Actually, that, and it's too darn expensive. I can't waste too much more money searching for these comics.