PDA

View Full Version : I'm New...Casey Moment...

Kraken
04-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi!

The existance of this forum was just brought to my attention. I thought I'd join because I'm often very, very, very, terribly, tear-causingly bored at work. I'll probably just read, but who knows if I'd want to post sometime.

I've been a fan since the original cartoon and comics. But I'm not an obsessed crazy fan, though there's nothing wrong with that, I have good friends who are that kind of fan. :P

I will share this:

I was in the sporting goods section of Target with my brother recently. He called my name. When I looked at him he was holding a baseball bat in each hand. He said to me:

"The class is Pain 101," *twirled the bats,* "your instructor is Casey Jones!"

This isn't an unusual occurance for my family...

Roseangelo
04-18-2004, 02:02 AM
I spot a Hello Kitty fan!!!

:D

Jarrah White
04-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Welcome aboard, this thread belongs in the introductions though. What TMNT stuff are you interested in?

Roseangelo
04-18-2004, 02:19 AM
I think it should stay here for the Casey Jones moment.

Jarrah White
04-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I guess.

Kraken
04-18-2004, 11:17 AM
:goofygri:

Sorry, I thought since I was posting something Turtle related that it belonged here. The introduction was just me being polite.

I'm a little concerned though. I notice that because Roseangelo has posted replies to me, her posts now number 666!

Evil!

To answer you Jarrah:

I like both cartoons, the movies, and the original Eastman/Laird comics. I'm not much of a collector, although I do have a comic in Chinese.

My current Turtle project is: converting my SO and teaching him how to identify each Turtle. :P

Oh, and the answer to The Question that Turtle fans always ask each other is, Donatello. :)

Kraken
04-18-2004, 11:25 AM
If I really want this thread to belong here I should talk less about me and more about:

Does anyone else have family members who quote the movie frequently? (My brother's other quotes are usually, "You know some Primatene would clear that right up." and "You [insert activity here] well...in the old style.")

Or

Has anyone ever successfully converted a family member?

OR

Hello Kitty and Raphael have a lot in common. Discuss.

Roseangelo
04-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Alright, changing that post number...

I'm the only TMNT freak in my family. But you know that. I only get to enjoy making funny quotes/references amongst fellow TMNT fans. But that's ok.

However, my brother did turn into a fairly big fan back when I first got into it. He probably even had more action figures than I did for awhile. And then he lost interest and I got them all. Mwahahahaha.

Raphael and Hello Kitty DO have a lot in common. He tries to act tough, but he's actually made of pink sugar, just like Hello Kitty.

Kraken
04-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Oddly enough, I'm the converted member in my family. The Turtles were brought to my attention by my little brother who was/is a fan of ninjas.

I remember my mom talking about his 1st grade teacher conference. The teacher was going on and on about how advanced his drawing skills were compared to other 6 year olds. He was using foreshortening and perspective and correct anatomy. Not one of the adults commented that the drawings the teacher had collected all had to do with ninjas chopping off people's heads...

He also converted our other brother.

He caused my mom to have a favorite Turtle.

But then, he somehow also managed to make my mom a fan of Pokemon.

Hello Kitty also has an appealing red head decoration, however, inside smolders a vicious and repressed psycho furball...