PDA

View Full Version : A horrible start to the week...

Jo Dawn
04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
You know... I have just had the most horrible start to the week. The place I work for has just screwed my coworkers and I over big time...

Over the Easter break, my aunt (my boss) died... so we had all that to deal with, and then they pull this crap like they did today. They totally passed over the next person in line to be the manager, and are going to bring in someone new... then they tell us that this new person is going to be there to 'watch over us and make sure we do things right'. Yeah, right, we know how to do our work... we've being doing our work just as it should be done for years! But the killer is, that we have to train this new person, so they can make sure we do things right!!

Ironic, huh?

*sigh* Sorry, just had to rant... I feel a bit better now...

04-19-2004, 11:50 AM
That sucks, dude. Luckily for me I haven't experienced the "real world" yet and I've only done small jobs.

Hope everything works out for you.

Anarky
04-19-2004, 12:35 PM
I went to school today. I hate that fascistoid thing! They tell you when, where, what to do and how to do it. besides, they don't accept an oppinnion besides their own. they hate you for the rest of their pathetic lives if you talked back only once. AND: The abuse their power shamelessly.

I f***ing hate that place! :x

Voltron
04-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Just teach them how to do their job wrong. If you hate them so much, conspire with the coworkers against them.

Anarchistguy
04-19-2004, 01:04 PM
I went to school today. I hate that fascistoid thing! They tell you when, where, what to do and how to do it. besides, they don't accept an oppinnion besides their own. they hate you for the rest of their pathetic lives if you talked back only once. AND: The abuse their power shamelessly.

I f***ing hate that place! :x

Do you hate the students or the teachers most?

Anarky
04-19-2004, 01:15 PM
teachers and school leaders (dean and vice-dean)

Taloniss
04-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, JD. Hopefully things work out. Voltron's advice does sound solid though. :lol:

Bourgeois Buffoon
04-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Mebbe complain to the manager/boss of him? After all, there should be something wrong with that, especially if he's slowing you down.

Deathknight
04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
My TV died this week, now I need to haul my other TV all the way downstairs to watch TMNT next week.

Peanut
04-19-2004, 04:10 PM
:( I hope things get better for you JD.

Mars-Chan
04-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Jo..... *hugs*

Dare I bring back the "She Clangs" thing for you? :lol:

Jo Dawn
04-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks everyone... I feel so much better now than when I first wrote that! (Well, not totally but a little better than before...) I hope it'll get better... hopefully we can get everything worked out soon.

Thanks again, guys. Your good wishes and offers of what I should do really helped. :wink: :)

EDIT - Mars... :lol: I remember it fine, but thanks for the offer. :wink: :lol:

Cascadia
04-19-2004, 09:17 PM
I am so sorry Jo Dawn.....life can be stressful but if it wasn't, we would not grow and mature mentally. This week will be very looooonnnng.

tomorrow....journal club, 2 lab reports
wednesday.....a paper, lab report, an exam
thursday....lab report
friday.....exam
saturday.....training

Mars-Chan
04-19-2004, 09:33 PM
:lol: Aw, come on...for old times sake? :lol: :P

Jo Dawn
04-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Hehe... Sure, Mars... for old times sake... :wink: :lol:

Billy the Kid
04-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Sorry to hear about that JD!!!

It reminds me a little of when they canned my dad. They didn't do it until he had finished the inventory (he worked day and night on it) and then after it was finished they fired him and brought in a manager from back East. And boy did he screw things up!!!

Also sorry about your aunt. Hopefully everything will work out for you guys. Take care.

Keith

That Matt Guy
04-20-2004, 06:08 AM
I just found out I have lice.

Peanut
04-20-2004, 06:12 AM
:lol: Don't come near me Matt. :|

That Matt Guy
04-20-2004, 06:49 AM
:lol: Don't come near me Matt. :|

Heh. Don't worry, I'm killing them as we speak.

Someone at work had them first, and they contaminated everyone with them. The whole night crew, including me now has them.

04-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Ugh, lice sucks. I've never had it, though.