PDA

View Full Version : Videogame Consoles.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Which is your favorite, least favorite, etc?

Of the current Generation:
In order of favorite to least favorite, with 1 being the favorite.
1) Gamecube
2) XBox
3) Playstation 2

The PS2's graphic capabilities are just too poor in comparison with the other two consoles and the game selection doesn't interest me. Also, the PS2 is the most expensive. It doesn't make much sense. Why would you pay the most out of the three for the oldest technology out of the three? Everything I would want on the PS2 is available on the GCN, and usually, it's better on the GCN.

Overall:

1) Dreamcast
2) Super Nintendo
3) Nintendo Entertainment System

The Dreamcast rocks and you know it.

Mondo J. Gecko
04-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Haha... Dreamcast... I think I played on one of those like once.... anyways heres my list:

1) X-box
2) Super Nintendo
3) Gamecube
4) Sega Genesis
5) Atari (my dad use to have one when I was little)
6) NES

Thats My list.... I own both and X-box and a Super NES cause they both rock.... Gamecube sweet too just cause I love all the classic Mario Games like Mario-Kart and Mario-Golf....

Dislikes:

1) PS2
2) PS2
3) PS2

get the point? .... and the only reason the PS2 isn't on there a forth time is cause of "Ratchet and Clank"... that games cool....

Taloniss
04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
New Genertaion:

1)PS2
2)Gamecube
3)X-box

Overall:

1)Super Nintendo
2)NES
3)PS2 (Counting the PS1 Library of games)

Tigershard
04-19-2004, 08:29 PM
New:
1) Gamecube - Love all the multiplayer games
2) PS2 - the main system for RPGs
3) Xbox - don't have one. Only games I ever played were DoA 3 and Halo.

Overall:

1)SNES
2)Playstation
3)Gamecube

Demonfox38
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
New:
1) Gamecube. Fox McCloud ownz.
2) PS2. Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts are fun.
3) X-Box. I keep blowing them up.

Overall:

1) SNES. This system is still one of the greatest--I was sad to see it go.
2) NES. Childhood memories are still good.
3) Gamecube. They had me at "Super Smash Brothers DX".
4) N64--Hey, Star Fox 64 wasn't that bad! And Zelda rocked!!
5) PS1 & PS2--Gotta play Final Fantasy somehow.

Raven
04-19-2004, 08:57 PM
1) PS2, because its the best there is.
2) gamecube
3) and that stupid x box.

you think the x box could be much better with all that money bill gates has.

JameO
04-19-2004, 09:01 PM
2) gamecube

Your a filthy Fan Boy! That is all you are! A Sony Suckup! Anyone saying PS2 is the best is definately on some illegal substance of some sort. I will go with Super Nintendo! Now thats kickass. Then there would be N64 since I played it so much and then for the newer consoles....X Box because I dont own a GameCube and really dislike my ps2.

Peanut
04-19-2004, 09:03 PM
I think I just might lock this thread...it never turns out good.

Raven
04-19-2004, 09:04 PM
2) gamecube

Your a filthy Fan Boy! That is all you are! A Sony Suckup!

:D :nod:

JameO
04-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah that what I was getting at. It is just a war. I was only kidding in my up above post but only tried to prove that console wars is dumb! Play what you like and enjoy it!

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-19-2004, 09:07 PM
lol.

Just....

lol.

Peanut
04-19-2004, 09:07 PM
lol.

Just....

lol.

Agreed.

Raven
04-19-2004, 09:08 PM
i like any consule that has MGS Games, that all i need to keep me happy.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 09:22 PM

Amen to that. Console wars suck, but while it's still here....

1. Gamecube - The system that brought Nintendo & Sega together

2. Game Boy Advance SP - Portable SNES, need I say more? Leading to...

3. Super NES - RPG Heaven, and Turtles in Time, plus Sailor Moon games that I didnt know existed. The king of epics, and amazing sound chip.

4. Nintendo 64 - Super Mario 64, and Ocarina of Time. Nuff said.

5. Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure series, Crazy Taxi, Rush 2049, Hydro Thunder, Street Fighter III Third Strike, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and all that Sega coolness. A legend that will never die.

6. Sega CDX - Little known, but awesomely cool. A Sega Genesis and Sega CD in a portable unit. Add a 32x and you have one heck of an awesome console with every Sonic game you ever need. Add Streets of Rage, Hyperstone Hiest, and Zoop, and you have heaven.

7. Sega Saturn - Daytona, NiGHTS, Daytona CCE, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Sonic R. A system that never got the credit it deserves.

8. NES - The reason the video game market was saved from the Atari crash. The basis of everything we know today came from here.

9. Virtual Boy - Majority of games suck, but with Mario Clash and VB Wario Land, you've got some of the best platforming ever made on the world's most unique system.

10. The Nintendo DS/Nitro - Not out yet, but looks to be the best handheld ever. Wireless LAN gaming over 100 feet, 2 screens, and Nintendo's engineering. Add on it's ability to run all Game Boy games and you've got the ultimate handheld.

How's that list.

JameO
04-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Your avatar is an eye sore! Please make it smaller making it so it doesn't stretch the frame.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-19-2004, 09:29 PM
6. Sega CDX - Little known, but awesomely cool. A Sega Genesis and Sega CD in a portable unit. Add a 32x and you have one heck of an awesome console with every Sonic game you ever need. Add Streets of Rage, Hyperstone Hiest, and Zoop, and you have heaven.

Do you have one of thems? I kinda want one, but I'm sure they're rare, and thus, expensive.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 09:31 PM
First of all JameO, it's not an eyesore. Second of all, yes it is too big. :roll: I'll work on it, but don't call it an eyesore. :D

Do you have one of thems? I kinda want one, but I'm sure they're rare, and thus, expensive.

I have everything on my list (minus the DS of course). CDX's are insanely expensively. Usually around $200.00.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-19-2004, 09:37 PM
I can help you with that. Need help?

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:02 PM
What do you mean?

There done....maybe I'll change it back....

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Too late, it seems, but I was just going to resize your image in photoshop as needed.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh, well thanks anyway. :)

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:14 PM
What don't you get about stretching the frames? What is so unclear in that statement?

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Does the term bugger off mean anything? Now leave me alone.

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
1st grade joke for a 1st grade mind. Well have it your way. Break the rules! PUNISH HIM! COME ON GK LAY A WHOOPING ON HIM!

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Why won't you leave me alone? I did as you asked and you still rag. If I offend, then I apoligize.

*edit* Ok, I was in the wrong. Let's just not fight over it.

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Did as I asked huh? No I asked to make your avatar not break the rules of this forum and not stretch the frames. Get your facts straight woman!

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:26 PM
First of all, I am not a woman. Just obsessed with the one in the avatar :lol: Second of all, I apoligize. You're right, I'm wrong. Case closed, so I'll shut up now.

Peanut
04-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Knock your crap off. He was nice about it. Why do you have to be an ass?

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
He flipped at me. I asked him to change it so it doesn't break the frames and didn't bother to listen so it's his fault. I won't be happy till there is no avatar breaking my frames! And I am just an ass.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Whatever. I'm bailing before this sucker get's locked. For the record, the reason it got big again is because my moniter is small. I needed to test it so I would know how much farther to resize it.

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Fix the avatar before you abandon this work of art!

Peanut
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
This thread has gone bad...but for all the wrong reasons.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
*sigh* I hate when this happens.

04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Wait, what's wrong with the avatar?

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:35 PM
It is breaking the frames and stretching it making it harder to read posts. And that is part of the rules that you change it. I seen so many people asked to change the sizes of their avatar and they do it right away or get help. But we got a feisty one here.

04-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Hard to read posts...please. It's a message board, not some book.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:36 PM
JameO said it was too big, which it was. I was trying to resize it, but he snapped before I finshed. It's fine now.

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:38 PM
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/tmntrule/wangedpost.jpg

Peanut
04-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Then just shut up before I wang you and this thread!

Edit: Nevermind I'll just do it anyways!

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
I've seen bigger, but if it bugs you that badly, I'll try one more time. Be patient this time.

JameO
04-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Well thank you for finally making my wish come true. I am sorry if I started out a bit harsh but I have seen people been forced to change their size so I don't think anyone should feel higher or better, not saying that is it in this case but sometimes it gets really annoying.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:48 PM
fine. I never said....oh forget it.

Peanut
04-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Enjoy your post!

Phoenix Fire
04-19-2004, 10:53 PM
1. Game Boy Advance SP, I just love this thing. But I'm scared The new Nintendo Nitro or whatever will kill my SP, as my SP killed my GBA.
2.Gamecube, I just love my nintendo games is all, and I'm a sucker for retro like most.
3. X-Box, I admit the only reason mostlikely is a unhealthy Halo adicction...
4.SNES, It was my all time favorite, Donkey Kong Country ate my childhood.
5. PS1, Loved it until I got a Gamecube.

ThirdMarioBro
04-19-2004, 10:56 PM
If you like retro, then wait until that NES themed GBA SP comes out this June. It looks sweet.

BTW, Donkey Kong Country 0wnz all. That soundtrack is immortal.

Dr. Doom
04-20-2004, 12:35 AM
I gotta say, I;m a sucker for GC and GBA right now. I guess if I were to rank systems overall, it'd go like this...

1. GC
2. N64
3. PS2 (the games, even tho the hardware is ****)
4. GBA
5. DC

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-20-2004, 05:34 AM
If you like retro, then wait until that NES themed GBA SP comes out this June. It looks sweet.

The soundtrack for Diddy's Kong Quest is even better.

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 05:44 AM
1. PS2
2. X-Box
3. Sega Megadrive

I chose them based on the games, controllers and such not just how one has graphics inconsequentially better than the other

Peanut
04-20-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm curious to know what games people constantly talk about when they say the PS2 is good...cause I sure as hell can't find any.

Taloniss
04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm curious to know what games people constantly talk about when they say the PS2 is good...cause I sure as hell can't find any.

Devil May Cry, GTA, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear 2 to name a few.

Barkworm
04-20-2004, 07:38 AM
Jak I&II, Ratchet & Clank I&II, Dark Chronicle, Final Fantasy X, etc.
What I'd like to know is if there's any game on X-Box (as in exclusive games) that could fit my taste of games. I'm really not one of that "X-Box is crap, I won't buy it EVER" people but there's not even one game I know that I would like to buy (except Splinter Cell 2 and that's just exclusive for some time).

Peanut
04-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Both GTA and Metal Gear are on other systems and GTA is utter sh*t after III anyways. The last PS2 game I bought was Kingdom Hearts. And Barkworm that's because there really isn't anything for Xbox. Halo, I suppose, but that game makes me sick to my stomach. Of course they have Fable coming up. As far as exclusives go both PS2 and Xbox basically get the same crap with each having a few good ones here and there, but at least Xbox isn't tainted with the dreaded FF franchise.

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 08:31 AM
GTA went to other systems because it was so popular. I also love the Burnout games (which did the same) and NFS ones. I also like the Baldur's Gate ones and the FF ones are good. Dynasty Warriors also

I can think of one Xbox game (franchise) I like, Project Gotham Racing, and not a single Gamecube game I'd play

Peanut
04-20-2004, 08:32 AM
GTA went to other systems because it was so popular. I also love the Burnout games (which did the same) and NFS ones. I also like the Baldur's Gate ones and the FF ones are good. Dynasty Warriors also

I can think of one Xbox game (franchise) I like, Project Gotham Racing, and not a single Gamecube game I'd play

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Yes...

Taloniss
04-20-2004, 08:38 AM
I was in a rush when I made my last post, and I forgot to mention SOCOM: US Navy Seals and Smackdown: HCTP. Both excellent games. Someone else already mentions Ratchet and Clank and Jaks, but they're really good games as well, so I'll mention them again :)

Peanut
04-20-2004, 08:38 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.........oh you're serious...well...then...

Talonis don't even start that ****. I laughed cause I thought it was funny. He can have all the opinion he wants and I can laugh at it if I choose to do so. You can laugh at my opinion. I don't care, and yes I forgot SOCOM aswell which is a kickass game.

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Oh and for the record I don't like FFX-2 if that makes you feel better :roll:

Peanut
04-20-2004, 08:41 AM
I really don't care what you like, so it doesn't make me feel better either way.

MW8979
04-20-2004, 08:48 AM
1. SNES - simply put, the best system of all time.
2. NES - has many classic games, but graphics and depth of game are just a notch below SNES.
3. Playstation - the saviour of FF games after SNES disappeared.
4. PS2 - Lament of Innocence is a pretty damn good game. And Soul Calibur II has got to be one of the most addictive fighting games I ever played.

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I really don't care what you like, so it doesn't make me feel better either way.

That hurt man that really hurt :lol:

Barkworm
04-20-2004, 08:51 AM
If you love Final Fantasy the PS2 is the right choice. It's just that that console is so ... soulless. Plus the hardware sucks. I like the GC the most but there are more games on PS2 that I like than on the GC (I own about 16 PS2 games and only half as much GC games).

Peanut
04-20-2004, 08:51 AM
:lol: You do know I'm only joking with you right?

I own 7 PS2 games, 11 GCN games, and 10 Xbox games, but my Xbox doesn't even work. The thing is I don't miss it at all.

Taloniss
04-20-2004, 08:56 AM
I'll take your x-box games off your hands... :wink: :lol:

Game Count:
PS2: 11
GCN: 6
X-box: 2

Peanut
04-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Yeah I've been loaning them out quite frequently. The most popular loans are Knights of the Old Republic and Rainbow Six 3.

Taloniss
04-20-2004, 09:01 AM
KOTOR is a really good game.

04-20-2004, 09:01 AM
I love my SNES. If I could marry it, I would.

PS2: 12
GC: 4
Xbox: 4

Peanut
04-20-2004, 09:02 AM
I now pronounce you man and system. You may kiss the cartridge slot.

XERO
04-20-2004, 09:13 AM
1. SNES. Besides Mario, TMNT and DKC, Contra III: TAW was awesome.
2. NES. Gotta love those Battletoads. And Startropics Iⅈ the music is legendary.
3. Genesis. Sonic and SOR I, II, and III. Simple. :)
4. GameCube. Duh... :lol:
5. Xbox. Ninja Gaiden, the DOA series and Halo convinced me to buy it.

04-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Ninja Gaiden is too damn hard for me...

Taloniss
04-20-2004, 10:22 AM
I now pronounce you man and system. You may kiss the cartridge slot.

Wouldn't you put your cartridge the cartridge slot?

04-20-2004, 10:23 AM
That's for the honeymoon. :wink:

Meeko
04-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Next gen
1.PS2
2.Gamecube
3.X BoX

Overall
1.PS2
2.SNES
3.SEGA SATURN ( im weird and i know it i had alot of cool games for it :D )

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Good 'Cube games:

Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection
Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Animal Crossing
Eternal Darkness
Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Smash Bros. Melee
F-Zero GX
Viewtiful Joe
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Pikmin
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Resident Evil (Remake)

And there's others...

Mind you, except or Sonic Heroes, these are all Gamecube Exclusive.

The Clerk
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
KOTOR is a really good game.

Oh yeah! probably THE best Star Wars games of all time!

I love the fact how there is so much story into it, and how you don't hafta be on the Light side...

...that and the story is frickin' awesome! No Luke for once

revolutiontransmission
04-20-2004, 05:18 PM
when you've done what i've done with my xbox there is no way it can top..it is a wondermachine it does it all. if the term "xecuter" means anything to anyone you'll know what i mean. also...shout out to http://www.xbox-scene.com" the world of xbox modification is unlike nothin else

impetus
04-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I think most of you know I do hobby game development for Dreamcast, so this list should not be too surprising:

1. Sega Dreamcast - awesome system in its own right, plus it emulates alla those old 8-bit classics perfectly. And the homebrew scene is amazing!!!

2. Nintendo Gamecube - best of the current consoles, with the best first party development. Sure the 3rd party is a little thin but Mario, Zelda, F-Zero, etc make up for it in spades. And it plays GBA games dood!

3. NES - the classic, nuff said.

4. Neo Geo Pocket Color - the great little handheld that could.

Right now I'm waiting for my JVC X-Eye to come in the mail! :D (for anyone who doesn't know, it's a combination Sega Genesis (cart) and CD console)

ThirdMarioBro
04-20-2004, 08:27 PM

The soundtrack for Diddy's Kong Quest is even better.

You are most certianally right. It has to be the best VG soundtrack of all time. Awesome beyond all belief. Mineing Melenchonly is so original, Stickerbush Symphony is so emotional, and Forest Interlude is so enviromental. David Wise is such a genius composer.

Ditto. I think people just say that because it's what they are expected to say to be "cool". The coolness factor is a load of crap.

Jak I&II, Ratchet & Clank I&II, Dark Chronicle, Final Fantasy X, etc.
What I'd like to know is if there's any game on X-Box (as in exclusive games) that could fit my taste of games. I'm really not one of that "X-Box is crap, I won't buy it EVER" people but there's not even one game I know that I would like to buy (except Splinter Cell 2 and that's just exclusive for some time).

Not any that I can think of.

but at least Xbox isn't tainted with the dreaded FF franchise.

Amen to that. Square and Sony ruined it. Maybe these GBA ports will bring back the magic.

And Soul Calibur II has got to be one of the most addictive fighting games I ever played.

You have to realise that PS2's version of Soul Caliber 2 has to be the most wretched version of the three, and I don't mean because of the exclusive character stuff *fanboy alert* LINK 0WNZ* The hardware is just pathetic. It even has slowdown.

Ahem, now that I've ruined my credability.... :lol:
GCN version has arcarde perfect gameplay, and Link. Play it on an Xarcade joystick hooked up to a home made cabinet, and you've got heaven in a box.

Peanut
04-21-2004, 01:38 AM
You're a complete fan boy!!!!........so am I.... :D

ThirdMarioBro
04-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Amen brotha. Fanboys rule. :thumbsup:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Well Nintendo fanboys anyways. The Xbox ones are so annoying it isn't even funny.

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm a Nintendo AND FF-fanboy. It's odd that no one seems to share my FF-fanboyhood in the world of the internet... :-?

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? FF fanboys are rabid monsters that inhabit every single place you can possibly think on the internet. I can't move around the net without tripping over packs of FF fanboys.

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Maybe it's because these are the only boards I visit. :lol:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:03 AM
That probably has something to do with it. Head to any gaming board you can find and you'll run into tons and tons of them. Go into any chat room and you'll find the name Cloud EVERYWHERE!

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm already spending way too much time in the internet and it's fun to read what people here think. You know like saying it's crap and stuff. :goofygri:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:09 AM
:lol: While never a big fan of FF I did enjoy the first few. Especially the original. I played it to no end as a kid. I was actually tempted to buy FF-X when it turned into a Player's Choice game, but I was too worried I'd hate it and waste my money.

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:12 AM
A lot of people here said they hated it (like Ai and Doom). I like it, I even liked X-2. Hell, they could sell me a box of crap as long as it had good CG-movies and a cool battle system. :wink:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Yeah that's the way most FF fanboys are! :lol:

ThirdMarioBro
04-21-2004, 02:14 AM
That's also why the games suck too. :lol:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:14 AM
ZIING!

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:16 AM
That makes me so sad... :cry:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Well as long as you like it, that's all the counts. There are tons and tons of people who share your opinion on the franchise. I'm sure there's more of you than there are of us!

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:21 AM
So you think we could kill you all?

Peanut
04-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Well....if you weren't all pasty skinned nerds then maybe! :D

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:28 AM
I might be pasty and skinny and a nerd but I'm defitely not a communist! (one of my favourite Abraham Simpson quotes, anyone remeber how it really goes?)

damnhooligan
04-21-2004, 03:57 AM
"My Homer is not a communist. He may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a communist... but he is not a porn star!"

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Final Fantasy stopped being good at VI. After they they relied on flashy graphics and presentation too much to make the game "good".

Jarrah White
04-21-2004, 07:34 AM
I have two PS2s, one PSone, three GameBoy Colours, one Nintendo 64, one PC, one GameBoy Advance, Two Sega Master Systems, and a Sega Mega Drive. I've played X-Box over at my friends place, I simply find the controller laborious. Let's face it; PlayStation has the superior controller.

04-21-2004, 08:23 AM
I don't even like Final Fantasy anymore...but I'll still buy the games, because I'm a consumer whore.

Taloniss
04-21-2004, 09:24 AM
The only FF I like is IX.

I picked up a game called Whiplash in the discount bin at Wal-Mart yesterday, and while it's no technical marvel, it's pretty fun. You're a weasel who's chained to a rabbit, and you have to whip him around as your weapon. The goal of the game is to cost an evil company (who was experimenting on animals, and you escape from their grasp) alot of money and free animals. Some of the humour in the game is really funny. Well worth the $18 it cost me :D

raphael_is_cool
04-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Final Fantasy stopped being good at VI. After they they relied on flashy graphics and presentation too much to make the game "good".

HAHAHA. Oh sorry, you're serious

MW8979
04-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Well, FF6 was the best FF game ever. Granted, FF7 was pretty good too though, and FF9 was ok.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 10:58 AM
9, woooooooooooooooo!!!

Peanut
04-21-2004, 11:00 AM

HAHAHA. Oh sorry, you're serious

:lol: That was good.

Ninjinister
04-21-2004, 11:02 AM
I would have to say seven, in my opinion, was the best, followed by ten, and the original.

04-21-2004, 11:02 AM
X. Good story, bad skill/magic system, horrible characters.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 11:07 AM
I liked the battle system, and the Sphere Grid wasn't THAT bad once you got used to it. It was the getting used to it that sucks.

04-21-2004, 11:08 AM
I did like the battle system in it, though. It was fully turn-based, so you could actually take a minute to go grab a soda or something.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 11:10 AM
But god, I hated Tidus.

Ninjinister
04-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Auron was indeed one of the most badass characters in Final Fantasy history, though.

04-21-2004, 11:18 AM
That's because he graphically looked nice. I still think Kefka from FFIII(VI) was the most badass. I mean, he poisoned a river. Who the hell does that?! That's right, badasses.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Yeah, he was cool. I actually really liked Wakka, but maybe that's just because I love his voice actor (and Kimahri's) John DiMaggio. He does Bender and MANY additional voices on Futurama, and is probably one of my favorote VAs. I also really liked the idea of using a ball as a weapon like that.

Ninjinister
04-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Indeed. I have found Mr. DiMaggio's work to be among my favorite voice acting. I hear he's voicing General Grevious in Star Wars Episode 3 as well.

And am I the only one who does not understand why everybody likes Kefka? o_O

Tigershard
04-21-2004, 11:49 AM

Let them talk about Kefka, please! I'm sick and tired of hearing how great Sephiroth is. I'd rather hear about Kefka than anything FF7 related.

FFVI is my favorite FF game, so I really have nothing against Kefka.

04-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Indeed. I have found Mr. DiMaggio's work to be among my favorite voice acting. I hear he's voicing General Grevious in Star Wars Episode 3 as well.

Sigh...because he's got that sweet laugh, he poisons a river wiping out an entire castle, and he's hard as HELL when you fight him at the end. He's also a psycho clown guy, which is sweet in itself.

Peanut
04-21-2004, 11:55 AM
I think I'm the only one who doesn't understand what anyone likes about any of this... :D

JameO
04-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I think I'm the only one who doesn't understand what anyone likes about any of this... :D

Nah I know how you feel! It is a "Word Life" out there.

MW8979
04-21-2004, 02:23 PM

Sigh...because he's got that sweet laugh, he poisons a river wiping out an entire castle, and he's hard as HELL when you fight him at the end. He's also a psycho clown guy, which is sweet in itself.

Plus Kefka was the first Squaresoft villain to actually have somewhat of more detail personality. Their previous end bosses were all "I'm all powerful and here to destroy the world! HA HA HA!". With Kefka you actually get to see him develop into a fully fledged psycho more and more and you can see how he builds his career from ground up essentially. Then again, it's just a small part of that game's greatness. Nothing wrong with Sephiroth either, but FF7 has WAY too many fanboys.

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Sigh...because he's got that sweet laugh, he poisons a river wiping out an entire castle, and he's hard as HELL when you fight him at the end.
You got to be kidding, he was one of the easiest FF-bosses I could think of. The fight itself was very cool though.

04-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, sorry I'm not good enough...

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a crappy gamer (every time a boss in MGS or Metroid Prime got too hard my brother had to beat him :goofygri: ). But Kefka was not very hard. On a second thought it might be connected to my Level-Up-obsession...

Ninjinister
04-21-2004, 03:16 PM
To be truthful, Chaos in FF1 was harder for me than Kefka. And his laugh reminds me too much of Naga from Slayers...

But each to his own opinion, I guess...

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Just a reminder, and not that anyone's ruined anything yet, but watch out fer spoilers here. I'm only about half way through VI. This goes for all games, too. You never know what someone's playin'.

Peanut
04-22-2004, 09:34 AM
The main character dies in the game you're playing Doom.

Meira-Bates
04-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Doesn't the main character die in all of them? ...kidding x.X

Peanut
04-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Honestly I have no clue. I was just trying to get on his nerves. :D

Dr. Doom
04-22-2004, 10:50 AM

..........Smackdown...!?

Meira-Bates
04-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Honestly I have no clue. I was just trying to get on his nerves. :D

I have no clue either ^.^ it's just every game I've been hearing about lately....main character dies, or something like that x.X

Taloniss
04-22-2004, 12:03 PM

..........Smackdown...!?

Well, Kurt was 'murdered' in real life, so it could happen.