PDA

View Full Version : Summer Concerts

Tigershard
04-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Summer always means lots of great concerts going on (at least in my area). Anyone already have any tickets to see anyone, or planning on buying tickets?

Right now I have tickets to see Sarah McLachlan. I bought them through the fan club, so I am going to be somewhere in row 1 through 10 on the main floor! I don't find out until the day of the concert though.

The Corrs are touring the US this summer! Dates haven't been announced yet, but I will definately be buying tickets once they become available.

Relay
04-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm going to see Nas here at UNC this Thursday (4/22) with some friends. It's refreshing to hear an rapper not rap about his bling-bling or escalade or that other crap.

JameO
04-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Me and a few buddies want to go see a Gob, Sum 41 or really any rock band that we like and can get tickets for we will go kind of basis. So we have to search around for what stuff is happening in our area and then go from there.

Peanut
04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Me and a few buddies want to go see a Gob, Sum 41 or really any rock band that we like and can get tickets for we will go kind of basis. So we have to search around for what stuff is happening in our area and then go from there.

You don't have any buddies.

JameO
04-19-2004, 09:55 PM

You don't have any buddies.

:cry: Why must I be alone?

Dr. Doom
04-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Most likely gonna go see In Flames here in Chicago next month.

04-20-2004, 10:06 AM
I don't go to concerts, mainly because I don't like the newer music that's been releasing these days.

Anarky
04-20-2004, 10:26 AM
I'll be backstage on the biggest punkrock event of Switzerland. all the swiss/german punkbands you'll ever wanted to hear!!!

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't go to concerts, mainly because I don't like the newer music that's been releasing these days.

Haha :lol: That's one of the funniest things I've heard recently. How old are you? 60? :P Plus old artists do still play by the way

I don't go to concerts, too expensive and hard to get to for me

I may go to Reading Festival and any decent gigs (may even play some) this summer

04-20-2004, 02:10 PM

Haha :lol: That's one of the funniest things I've heard recently. How old are you? 60? :P Plus old artists do still play by the way

I may go to Reading Festival and any decent gigs (may even play some) this summer

I'm 18, I like J-Pop/J-Rock, man. :lol:

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm 18, I like J-Pop/J-Rock, man. :lol:

And nothing else? Whoa

04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
I like metal and some of the more recent rock bands catch my attention every now and then. Video game music is really, really good.

Kid Icarus
04-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Two summers ago I went to a semi-big out door music festival.

Sadly, most of the bands sucked. The ones that didn't?

Kittie and Local H.

Tommy Lee was there... and sucked. Nickelback was there.... and they sucked. The only crowd interaction they had was "Hey, it's sure hot out here!" around 10:30 when it was around 80. Eairler in the day it got up to 105, and no shade, and 5 bucks for a bottle of water. -_-.

Oh, and there were some other bands that where there that sucked. Local H and Kittie are the only ones I really liked. They seemed like the WANTED to be there and play. Locah H even blew up and amp to amuse us when a drum head broke and the roadies had to replace it :lol: .

Kid Icarus
04-20-2004, 02:24 PM

I may go to Reading Festival and any decent gigs (may even play some) this summer To quote Krist Novoselic "So um, Kurt and I asked this guy at the front how much it cost you guys to get in here.. and he um, he said it cost a 40 pound squid! Can you belive that?"

Reading, from what I've heard, is a great show. Go to it if you get the chance... a lot of the unknown bands that go on to get big usually play there, so you can be like "well yeah, i saw _____ in concert a YEAR before they got big! :-p."

raphael_is_cool
04-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Um I'm not sure about the purpose of the quote but when you're a student yeah it's especially hard to afford stuff

And Reading Festival is always cool (I live in Reading if you hadn't noticed :D ) but as of late the line-up hasn't had enough good bands to interest me...plus again I have to see about affording it

host_punktmy
04-20-2004, 02:34 PM
I want to go to warped tour

InsaneZane
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM
i'm gonna go see
3 Doors Down/Nickelback/Puddle of Mudd

THIS SUMMER!!!! YEAH!!!

The Defibrillator
04-21-2004, 12:12 AM
I just bought tickets for Warped Tour.

I hope the Aquabats play here. If they don't I think I'll cut off my right big toe.

Awesome bands who will be there:

Atreyu
Planet Smashers
Big D and the Kids' Table
Flogging Molly
Minority (actually that's my friend's band, he's only playing at one location though)
Alkaline Trio
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Bouncing Souls
Go Betty Go
The (International) Noise Conspiracy
Lars and the Bastards
Motion City Soundtrack
Rise Against
The Vandals

Other concerts......I usually don't figure out until a week before....

revolutiontransmission
04-21-2004, 01:11 AM
looking forward to seeing rush in pittsburgh in the end of may...warped tour in august, creationeast festival in june, purple door festival in aug usually there's always shows i like to see in pittsburgh but since Club Laga shut down, there will be less and less...though i am going to see Project 86 and Dead Poetic next week. also Blindside and P.O.D. next month everybody give the new dead poetic and blindside albums a listen

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 01:19 AM
I wanted to see Metallica but I didn't get any tickets... :cry: