PDA

View Full Version : Why is Baxter the whipping-boy of the TMNT universe?

DrSpengler
04-20-2004, 11:57 AM
It seems that the poor guy just can't catch a break. Ever.

In the original toon he was just an average joe who desperately wanted to get a company to buy his Mousers. After getting rejected (again) Shredder shows up and offers him the chance to be a great inventor. After all his hard work, Shredder sends some Foot Soldiers to kill him. He's "rescued" byt he turtles but then shipped off to a looney bin where he goes insane. We all know what happens next. He sides with Shredder but then gets sent to be executed by Krang. He is turned into a fly monster and spins the rest of his days wrongly blaming the turtles for hsi predicament. In the end he gets shipped off to some freaky dimension forever. Poor guy.

In the new toon Baxter is more deserving of his fate, but still it's pretty harsh. Every time he fails the Shredder, and even when he doesn't, Hun removes a peice of his body. Eventually he gets his spine broke and moves to a cybernetic body. He tries to get revenge on the Shredder but just gets blown up.

What's with all the hate for Baxter? Poor guy gets the worst of everything...

Drtooth
04-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I dunno... I'm kinda enjoying it....

The new one is most deserving, becasue... well... he's a jerk... a smartarse who thinks he's better than everybody, and therefore keeps turning coat over and over. Love ho he's a brain and eyeball in a jar, now.

In the old toon... well... they put him away, but only enough to bring him back every 20 episodes to do a "revenge on Turtles and Shredder... take over the world" type deal... common stereotypical toon mad Scientist... he deserves it a well then...

Orochi Chimera
04-20-2004, 12:25 PM
It seems that the poor guy just can't catch a break. Ever.

In the original toon he was just an average joe who desperately wanted to get a company to buy his Mousers. After getting rejected (again) Shredder shows up and offers him the chance to be a great inventor. After all his hard work, Shredder sends some Foot Soldiers to kill him. He's "rescued" byt he turtles but then shipped off to a looney bin where he goes insane. We all know what happens next. He sides with Shredder but then gets sent to be executed by Krang. He is turned into a fly monster and spins the rest of his days wrongly blaming the turtles for hsi predicament. In the end he gets shipped off to some freaky dimension forever. Poor guy....
Well I guess he is a one of those people who let people push him around until they go to far. He didn't really deserve all of the negative things that happened to him at first. Then turning into a fly he tries to get revenge.

In the new toon Baxter is more deserving of his fate, but still it's pretty harsh. Every time he fails the Shredder, and even when he doesn't, Hun removes a peice of his body. Eventually he gets his spine broke and moves to a cybernetic body. He tries to get revenge on the Shredder but just gets blown up.
What's with all the hate for Baxter? Poor guy gets the worst of everything...

The new Baxter seems to be an a******. He is definitely more deserving of his fate. Well there isn't much left of him.

Bourgeois Buffoon
04-20-2004, 12:29 PM
SPEAKING OF THE NEW TOON:

Did anyone else laugh when in this week's eppy Baxter-brain went 'whoa!' when Shredder pushed his jar a bit and made it wobble? It's so evil to laugh at this, but I keep doing so. :D

That said, he deserves it. Hey, he finally died in Mirage.

Turtledude2k3
04-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes it was funny, Poor Baxter. How much more pain can he endure before he dies? I mean enough with baxter!

Jester
04-22-2004, 10:27 AM
wait baxter's just a brain in a jar now.....Baxter is Krang.....just kidding. But seriously i missed the rogue of ther house...he's a futuramma refugee now....wonky....i feel bad for baxter. even the mad scientists deserve the love.