PDA

View Full Version : true punishment

host_punktmy
04-20-2004, 03:18 PM
they were giving out free comics.... amazing spiderman #129 the first appearence of the punisher, at the punisher movie. I got one and it's the ONLY marvel comic i have. I was trying to figure out why i hate marvel so much and as i was flipping through it i realized how bad the coloring was. Pink buildings? Green floors? The dialogue was kind of cheesy too but my biggest complaint was the coloring. I understand that the coloring now days in marvels comics are better but i haven't picked up a marvel comic for a while

cqb101
04-20-2004, 03:20 PM
they were giving out free comics.... amazing spiderman #129 the first appearence of the punisher, at the punisher movie. I got one and it's the ONLY marvel comic i have. I was trying to figure out why i hate marvel so much and as i was flipping through it i realized how bad the coloring was. Pink buildings? Green floors? The dialogue was kind of cheesy too but my biggest complaint was the coloring. I understand that the coloring now days in marvels comics are better but i haven't picked up a marvel comic for a while

That's just because the comic is over 20 years old.....The coloring in marvel comics nowadays is far better, and IMO, better than DC's.

host_punktmy
04-20-2004, 03:25 PM
in my opinion it's not a difference between marvel and dcs coloring, not nowdays

Mobius One
04-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Yeah, dude, that issue of Spiderman was from like 1974. I didn't get one of those comics when I saw the movie, and I was kind of mad, because the theater I went to ran out before I got there. If you don't want yours, I'll definitly take it. And by the way, how'd you like the movie? I liked it a lot.

host_punktmy
04-20-2004, 03:27 PM
It's one of the greatest movies of all time... and i'd rather keep my comic

Brodie
04-20-2004, 03:46 PM
I hated the coloring of 70s comics too. But still....first appearance. Is it the reprint with cover art by Humberto Ramos?

InsaneZane
04-20-2004, 04:14 PM
i heard about that... them giving away comic books at the movies
but i havnt seen the movie yet
i look forward to it.
i dont count on recieving a copy when i go,
thats why a friend at work has promised me a copy.
and of course the coloring isnt good for goodness sake,
its old...
obviously not a big fan of comics are we?

but i'm the opposite

Taloniss
04-20-2004, 04:22 PM
How come I didn't get a comic? oh well, I think I have about 4 different reprints of that book.

Hey, speaking of free comics, did anyone get a free comic with Hellboy? I got a free copy of 'The Corpse'

Raven
04-20-2004, 04:41 PM
the one thing i dont like about marvel comics now adays is all there art seems like anime, but dc is more realistic.

i got to see that spiderman issue with punisher in it, a friend showed me.

InsaneZane
04-20-2004, 06:27 PM
i'll read any comic as long as it peaks my interest... which is usually done by Marvel... mostly the X-Men

Brodie
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
I read tons of comics, but I still doslike the coloring of the 70s and 80s. Doesn't mean I don't have anything from then. I have the entire Weapon X saga.

InsaneZane
04-20-2004, 06:38 PM
sweet dude.......the weapon x saga, thats a sweet grab.
i remember those.......
i wish i could read 'em again.