PDA

View Full Version : CLEESE PRIDE

kyabetsu
04-20-2004, 11:00 PM
it's come to my attention that there is a general lack of respect in recent threads for the works and life of Mr. John Cleese.

Mr. Cleese has been a constant source of humor and creativity for me, and i hope that you can understand that i post this thread out of my deep regard for Mr. Cleese and his lifeworks.

Truly, he is an amazing man.

I'd like to take a moment then, and invite you all to share your favorite Cleese Moments.

and if you feel inspired to do so, feel free to use the following image in your sig: http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL144/1002116/1867767/51661889.jpg

The Defibrillator
04-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Yes, definitely.

MORE PICTURES IN SIGNATURES>>THE MORE SCROLLING THE BETTER!

Skeletoncrew
04-20-2004, 11:42 PM
John Cleese is awesome! I think my favorite sketch of his is the "Dead Parrot"

"This is an ex-parrot!" :lol:

Peanut
04-21-2004, 12:23 AM
The Dead Parrot sketch kills me, but I have to vote for Holy Grail. I love that movie to no end.

That Matt Guy
04-21-2004, 12:28 AM
S***, I'll take that!

damnhooligan
04-21-2004, 01:02 AM
http://www.damnhooligan.com/images/cleese.gif

Fawlty Towers rocks.

German: Will you stop talking about the war!
Basil: Me? You started it!
German: We did not start it.
Basil: Yes you did, you invaded Poland!

Peanut
04-21-2004, 01:05 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA! DH some of your best work yet!

damnhooligan
04-21-2004, 01:06 AM
It makes me happy.

Jarrah White
04-21-2004, 03:04 AM
DEATH TO CLEESE.

damnhooligan
04-21-2004, 03:40 AM
DEATH TO CLEESE.

No.

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/damnhooligan/vivacleese.gif

VIVA CLEESE!

kyabetsu
04-21-2004, 04:25 AM
"I WOOOLD PUUT A TAAX ON PEOPUL WHO STAAND IN WAUTER!" go, gumby Cleese, go!

Turkituck
04-21-2004, 04:42 AM
John Cleese is my favorite python, with eric Idle a close second <^_^> I loce silly walk, Dead Parrots, the announcer at the Upper Clas Twit of the YEar Show, Hungarian Tourist ("Do you waaant to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?") and everything else he's been in <^_^> Any movie that has significant Cleeseness in it is one I instantly go out and see (usually rent so i can rewind the funny bits).

Woot!! John Cleese Rules!!!

Jo Dawn
04-21-2004, 06:42 AM
DEATH TO CLEESE.

Aww.... That's not nice. No reason to wish death on the guy...

On topic, I love John Cleese. I'd be hard pressed to pick my favorite of his performances, though... :)

cqb101
04-21-2004, 07:00 AM
DEATH TO CLEESE.

Death to Desmond...Oh, right...he's already dead. Hahahahahahahaha!

04-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Cleese is the f'n man. He was great in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, plus he's a better "gadget conjurer" for Bond.

kyabetsu
04-21-2004, 07:38 AM
i think one of my all-time favorite Cleese sketch... had to be the one where he's dressed as a flamenco dancer. One of the other pythons is just behind him, dressed similarly...but in drag. the other python has a guitar. there's a large cardboard cut-out of a llama next to them...

and Mr. Cleese proceeds (with occassional dramatic spanish-guitar sound-effects) to give us all a public service and safety announcement about llamas. Entirely in Spanish. His accent is CRAZY. and the subtitles tell you the things he's telling us about llamas are entirely untrue.

!CUIDADO! HAY LLAMAS!!!*

... and then a police man chases them off and it turns out they were behind a convenience store.

*Caution! There are Llamas!

Taloniss
04-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Cleese rules.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 09:23 AM
I voted for not being able to choose just one. He's juat generalluy funny guy, and he's been all ovfer the place, so it's hard to pinpoint something.

Oh, and...

-=Slaps cqb=-

Don't talk about Desmond like that. Do you wish to incur the wrath of DOOM?!

Stone Ill
04-21-2004, 09:25 AM
DEATH TO CLEESE.

Death to Desmond...Oh, right...he's already dead. Hahahahahahahaha!

Haha! Nice! :lol:

That Matt Guy
04-21-2004, 10:03 AM
I voted for not being able to choose just one. He's juat generalluy funny guy, and he's been all ovfer the place, so it's hard to pinpoint something.

Oh, and...

-=Slaps cqb=-

Don't talk about Desmond like that. Do you wish to incur the wrath of DOOM?!

Are you kidding? Look at his filmography. He barely did anything besides Q.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 10:05 AM
So? Doesn't mean someone should be laughing at his death.

That Matt Guy
04-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Did I laugh at his death? Point that post out to me. He hasn't "been all over the place"

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 10:08 AM
I never said you did, dammit, cqb did. And I was implying that Cleese has been all over the place.

That Matt Guy
04-21-2004, 10:10 AM
**** I thought you meant Desmond was all over the place.

Damn it.

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 10:11 AM
LoL, it's ok, I forgive you.

Anarky
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
the germans was the best thing i saw on TV for qutie a while. i mean, that was hilarious

german: "sprechen sie deutsch?" (do you speak german)
basil: "come again please"
german woman: "do you speak german?"
basil: "aaaah german, and i thought there was something wrong with you"

ZariusTwo
04-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Cleese is one of the greatest comedians alive today

"Don't Mention the War"

damnhooligan
04-21-2004, 01:09 PM
the germans was the best thing i saw on TV for qutie a while. i mean, that was hilarious

Best episode... ever.

Anarky
04-21-2004, 01:16 PM

Best episode... ever.

dito

Drtooth
04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
I bet you all thought I was gonna vote Muppet show... Had to go with Flying Circus, though...

Cleese is the greatest... I like Idle and Gilliam too (especially as a fellow animator) but Cleese... my fave.

The only thing I don't like him on is Will and Grace. That show is unbelievable... they've even managed to make John Cleese unfunny. Yikes!

As for the Muppet Show... really loved it. He even worked closely with the writers, and co-wrote the skit where he invades the Swinetrek (Pigs In Space) as a pirate with a disagreeable parrot (even managed to sneak a Monty Python refference into it... he threatened to make the parrot an "Ex-parrot") My favorite bit?

Link Hoghtrob: You can call them on the Intercom.

Cleese: Arrrr... Pirates don't use intercoms... t'would be sissy!........ WAIT!!! THIS ISN"T an intercom... IT'S A PAYPHONE!!!!!!!

(of course it's all in the delivery)

I really need to get some Monty Pythin DVD's....

Bourgeois Buffoon
04-21-2004, 01:46 PM
How about 'Rat Race'? He was pretty good in that, even though only in a supporting role. ^^;

Relay
04-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Yep, that deap parrot sketch if hilarious!

kyabetsu
04-21-2004, 03:37 PM
As for the Muppet Show... really loved it. He even worked closely with the writers, and co-wrote the skit where he invades the Swinetrek (Pigs In Space) as a pirate with a disagreeable parrot (even managed to sneak a Monty Python refference into it... he threatened to make the parrot an "Ex-parrot") My favorite bit?

Link Hoghtrob: You can call them on the Intercom.

Cleese: Arrrr... Pirates don't use intercoms... t'would be sissy!........ WAIT!!! THIS ISN"T an intercom... IT'S A PAYPHONE!!!!!!!

(of course it's all in the delivery)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'd FORGOTTEN about that part! i was just thinking of him in the closing number with that stupid, neon, salsa shirt on... ranting about how he didn't want to work with pigs, and WOULD NOT sing a SONG!

Kermit had a whole choir of muppets gather around him... and used every sentence that came out of his lips as a cue to a musical.

Cleese: KERMIT!! I WILL NOT SING A SONG!!!

Muppet choir:(singing) He will not sing a song!!!

Cleese: THAT'S IT!! I'M LEAVING!!!

Muppet choir:(singing) He's Leaving! He's Leaving! He Came Into Our Lives, But Now He's Leaving.....

Cleese goes limp with disgust, frustration and rage, and the Muppets force him through the closing number. The look of sheer loathing on his face was PRICELESS.

And never once does he sing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: