PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Comic book moment...

The Clerk
04-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Well... i have a few...

In Archie's TMNT when Future Don and Raph came

When DC and Marvel fought

When Onslaught (Spell Check that) came

When Generation X was around... long live Angelo aka Skin

..those are mine... and now i stopped reading XMen... too bad they ruined XMen...

Dr. Doom
04-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Yes, I agree that they ruined X-Men 100%.

But anyways.

I'd have to go through my Deadpool comics to look ninto this, cause there's some AWSOME moments in there....

Hmmm....

I remember a lot of good stuff from Age Of Apocalypse too (Blink vs. Holocaust, anyone?)

Fugitoid Jones
04-21-2004, 02:41 PM
When Superman was killed by Doomsday.

Batman finds Jason Todd dead after being shot by the Joker.

Batman gets his back broken by Bane.

The TMNT fight Shredder in issue #1.

Batman and Joker laughing together at the end of "The Killing Joke".

Captain Marvel knocks down Superman in "Kingdom Come".

The Fantastic Four's first encounter with Dr. Doom.

The Clerk
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes, I agree that they ruined X-Men 100%.

But anyways.

I'd have to go through my Deadpool comics to look ninto this, cause there's some AWSOME moments in there....

Hmmm....

I remember a lot of good stuff from Age Of Apocalypse too (Blink vs. Holocaust, anyone?)

ohhhhh yeah! I forgot to mention the AoA! I loved it! I wish it would've lasted longer, though

Raven
04-21-2004, 03:05 PM
the person who was really hush from batman

batman finding jason dead

the return of shredder

the return of the green goblin in ulitamate spiderman

when superman died

oh man theres alot more i just cant think of any more.

Peanut
04-21-2004, 03:14 PM
When Aunt May died in Amazing Spider-Man. Too bad they had to go a destroy it like they did.

Taloniss
04-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Oh, geeze, there's so many (awesome topic btw) Let's see:

Captain America Stands up to Thanos (in Infinty Guantlet mini)
Elekrta is killed by Bullseye
Colossus gives his life for the antidote to the Legacy Virus
Batgirl is shot and paralyzed by the Joker
Robin II (Jason Todd) is brutally murdered by the Joker
Batman takes out the White Martian invasion
Batman could take out the whole JLA (Tower of babel Arc)
Batman Beats Superman (DKR)
GL (Kyle version) finds his girlfriend stuffed in the fridge
Flash (Barry Allen) sacrifices himself for the Universe
TMNT vs. Shredder in Vol 1 #1
Leo decapitates Shredder
Punisher defeats the Russian (suffocation by Bumpo)
MJ weds Peter
Spider-man defeats the Juggernaut
Spider-man digs himself out of the rubble (Amazing #31 - 33)
Death of Jean Dewolff
Peter visits his biggest fan (The Kid who collects Spider-Man)
Spider-Man and Green Goblin discover each other's identities (Amzing #39 - 40)
Spider-Man visits the 'burbs
Venom Stalks MJ to get at Peter (Amazing #300)
The Deaths of the Stacy's (Captain and Gwen)
Peter discovers Uncle Ben's killer is the Burgler he let escape
Peter confronts the Burgler (Amazing #200)
Aunt May's Death (even if Marvel was stupid enough to undo it)

There's probably more, I'll post some of them when/if I think of them

Meira-Bates
04-21-2004, 04:46 PM
In the Archie TMNT comic when blind Mikey is being 'interogated' (more like tortured) by some guy

Also in Archie TMNT when Don got kidnapped by the aliens (the brother hood of silence I think it was)

In the Archie Sonic comics when they had the huge show down between the robotaziced Sonic and Knuckles

and I don't know why...but also in Archie Sonic when Sonic and Saint John are fighting, it looks like John is actualy going to kill of Sonic and Antwan(can't remember the real spelling) of all people beats John's ass

In JtHM (I think issue 3) where Jhonny saves Squee at the mall

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 10:09 PM
When Aunt May died in Amazing Spider-Man. Too bad they had to go a destroy it like they did.
You know, that was one of my favourite comic books. When that asshole John Byrne came up with that "She was only an actor"-**** I decided to never ever buy a regular Spider-Man book again (and I haven't done so since then).

Jo Dawn
04-21-2004, 10:22 PM
..those are mine... and now i stopped reading XMen... too bad they ruined XMen...

*nods* I stopped reading also... I agree.

Yes... :cry: :cry: *salutes Angelo* *goes off and sulks over that*

Peanut
04-21-2004, 10:27 PM
You know, that was one of my favourite comic books. When that asshole John Byrne came up with that "She was only an actor"-sh** I decided to never ever buy a regular Spider-Man book again (and I haven't done so since then).

I haven't picked up Amazing Spider-Man since then...though I do get Spectacular Spider-Man and Venom every month.

bufo
04-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Those are some great picks y'all, I'd like to add the first time Tetsuo and Akira faced of (or is Akira not considered a comic?)

Taloniss
04-22-2004, 07:20 AM
You know, that was one of my favourite comic books. When that asshole John Byrne came up with that "She was only an actor"-sh** I decided to never ever buy a regular Spider-Man book again (and I haven't done so since then).

I stopped as well, but when Paul Jenkins and JMS came along, I started again. I'm really digging both their runs so far. Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-man is shaping up to be really good as well, and Bendis' Ultimate is probably my favourite comic right now.

Another moment: When Batman and Captain America stare each other down in JLA/Avengers

Barkworm
04-22-2004, 08:10 AM

I stopped as well, but when Paul Jenkins and JMS came along, I started again. I'm really digging both their runs so far. Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-man is shaping up to be really good as well, and Bendis' Ultimate is probably my favourite comic right now.
I heard that those are quite good but I try to avoid non-creator-owned books since a few years. There might be a good run for a while but then a new creative team comes up and screws all the hard work. And I also just like it when a series gets a proper ending (which Spidey will probably never get :| ).

Peanut
04-22-2004, 08:28 AM
I picked up a couple AMS for awhile and the whole "mystic spider" crap wasn't to my liking. Although I thought Ezekiel (sp?) was pretty cool.

04-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Those are some great picks y'all, I'd like to add the first time Tetsuo and Akira faced of (or is Akira not considered a comic?)

That would be a graphic novel. :D

I never really read comics as a child...so I'm just going to say Spiderman is my hero.

Anarky
04-22-2004, 08:54 AM

Yes... :cry: :cry: *salutes Angelo* *goes off and sulks over that*

what happened to him? He dead?

well fave moments:

- Lobo unbound #1: The main man is back
- John Carpenter's the SNAKE PLISSKEN chronicles: after all these years... 't is too good to be true
- The finale of Violent Messiahs: Lamenting Pain: soooo cruel...
- Young Justice #55: it all has to end sometimes... but not that sad.
- when one of the characters in Hitman died.

well that's all i can think of right now

Dr. Doom
04-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Ooo, right, Bats curbing Supes in DKR. And I love TMNT vs Shredder in #1.

CookSux
04-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Only things I can really remember...

-Most AoA stuff, especially the Omega book
-Finding out that Ben Reily is the real Peter Parker (I liked that better than the outcome that happened afterwards)
-Storm's showdown with Marrow in Ultimate X-Men
-Wolvie's adamantium getting ripped out by Magneto
-Batman Knight's End run
-Superman/Batman book minus the anime-esque robots (the new run has some great art)
-Armada Megatron beating the shiznits outta Galvatron in TF Armada
-Ultra Magnus shedding his armor to pulverize Shockwave in TF War and Peace
-Optimus and Megatron's duel in War Within
-Most things from the UDON run for Deadpool and Taskmaster

I could go on, but I haven't read too many hero comics in a while.

Anarchistguy
04-22-2004, 10:40 AM
In the Archie Sonic comics when they had the huge show down between the robotaziced Sonic and Knuckles

and I don't know why...but also in Archie Sonic when Sonic and Saint John are fighting, it looks like John is actualy going to kill of Sonic and Antwan(can't remember the real spelling) of all people beats John's ass

Geoffrey St.John was always a jackass. I have both these issues. Good Stuff

One of my favorite comic moments is the entire Endgame saga of the Archie Sonic comics. The rest have already been mentioned.

Taloniss
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
I picked up a couple AMS for awhile and the whole "mystic spider" crap wasn't to my liking. Although I thought Ezekiel (sp?) was pretty cool.

Spoilers, I guess, though it's just me theorizing.

The mystic stuff got to me too, but, judging by the last issue, my theory is that Ezekial is the one who's powers are mystic and Peter's are still the science accident. Ezekial is dumbing his powers down (by getting his blood drained) so that the mystical people who are hunting him down can't 'sniff' him out. He's only 'pretending' to be Peter's friend so that when 'Hunters' come, they'll be more likely to sniff Peter out then him, since his powers have been 'dampened' and Peter is still at full strength.

I know there is a few plot holes, but it's the only way I could come up with to explain away all this mystical stuff, and it creates a really cool new villian, who not only has Peter's powers (Spider-Man vs. Spider-Man fight would own) but Peter is betrayed by a person he considers a friend, and who could have been a potential father figure to him (older, similiar experiences with powers, ect.)

Of course, Ezekial could be softening (as seen by his trying to help MJ with her self-confidence) and he could tell Peter the truth about what he's been doing, but that doesn't create a new villian :) He should just go all hardcore evil and say he was using Peter to save his own life :)

That would be a cool storyline, but it's only my theory, and I don't think it will actually happen :(