PDA

View Full Version : Worst Voice Ever!

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-21-2004, 09:34 PM
What's the worst voice in a cartoon/anime dub?

My vote goes for Sonic in the ADV dub of the Sonic OVA...

...come to think of it, all of the voices in that damn thing were bad.

ThirdMarioBro
04-21-2004, 10:11 PM
The voice of Ash Catchum/Tails/Chris/Mokuba/kid in Lone Raph and Cub/every bad kid voice currently on Saturday morning. She can't act, she has no emotion, she sucks.
They really need to fire her. Other than that......every voice on the US version of the Sonic OVA.
All english voices in US Sonic X SUCK. They can't act. 4Kids was too cheap to hire the game voice actors, and Ryan Drummond was willing to move to New York to do it. That's why I hate 4Kids. They ruined Sonic X with their horrible actors. TMNT is so lucky....

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-21-2004, 10:59 PM
The voice of Ash Catchum/Tails/Chris/Mokuba/kid in Lone Raph and Cub/every bad kid voice currently on Saturday morning. She can't act, she has no emotion, she sucks.
They really need to fire her. Other than that......every voice on the US version of the Sonic OVA.
All english voices in US Sonic X SUCK. They can't act. 4Kids was too cheap to hire the game voice actors, and Ryan Drummond was willing to move to New York to do it. That's why I hate 4Kids. They ruined Sonic X with their horrible actors. TMNT is so lucky....

Not to say that the Ryan and co. from the games were LOADS better, but they were better than anything than 4Kids could produce.

However, I do like Eggman's US voice a bit for one reason or another.

Barkworm
04-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Anyone remembers the voice actress from Rogue in the 90s-X-Men show? She sucked! :dead:

Jo Dawn
04-21-2004, 11:14 PM
I remember reading that she had a bad cold when she got the job... and they liked it so that's why she talked like that.

Peanut
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
The voice overs for that Sonic anime...with Metal Sonic or whatever...god I hated them so badly.

Dane E5R
04-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Sonic's japanese voice in both anime are excellent. I like his English Sonic X voice, though. And Knuckles, Eggman and Sera in the anime were okay. I really hated when Ranma Saotome's voice switched from Sarah Strange to Richard Cox. It wasn't necessarily that Richard has a bad voice. He's actually quite good, and he's perfect in Inuyasha. It's just that Sarah had grown on me.

Meira-Bates
04-22-2004, 12:09 AM
as almost everyone said...the american dubbing of the Sonic OVA @.@ but even worse imo is the dubbed voice of a character called Fam in an anime known as Ruin Explorers x.X I swear everytime she yelled 'Ire!'(that's her 'partner's' name) I thought my ear drums were gonna explode. Other than that, Karishima Kanna's dubbed voice on that Sakura Wars TV series....good lord...when she doesn't sound like a total idiot she sounds like someone trying to do an impression of Rocky...and yes I do mean the 'Itallion Satalion'.

ThirdMarioBro
04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
"Almost" all American dubs suck. It's always sloppy, cheaply produced, and pure crap, cuz they don't care about what they are doing, and the animation and lip sync wern't made to match English. It's usually always a joke, TMNT being one of the precious exceptions. Japanese voice actors have so much emotion it their acting, and almost always sound better.

MrPliggins
04-22-2004, 12:50 AM
The old lady from "Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights", definitely hands down.

04-22-2004, 12:58 AM
I always watch the dub of an anime movie/series before I watch the subbed.

I could've done without Shinji Ikari's dubbed voice in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Dane E5R
04-22-2004, 01:21 AM
I will never agree that the japanese are trying any harder with their voice acting than Americans. And I hate subtitles. I like to WATCH movies. That's WHY I'm WATCHING a movie instead of reading a book.

Anarchistguy
04-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Almost EVERYONE in Dragon Ball Z.

-Son Goku sounded too heroic
-Chibi Son Gohan sounded like a spoiled brat
-Piccolo was WAY overdone
-Vegeta sounded like a british person (Christopher Sabat SUCKS)
-ChiChi....ugh
-Bulma sounded like a teenage b**** even in GT where she was pretty damn old

and FUNimation REALLY screwed up the characters. for example:
-Instead of fighting because he loves it, Goku was now the protector of the universe (Marvel super hero style)
-Vegeta is supposed to be calm, cold and distant. Instead he's a macho hothead

-American Sonic X is PURE CRAP!!!
I litteraly can't stand more than 5 minutes of it or I'm gonna blow my brains out.

Ninjinister
04-22-2004, 09:16 AM
And yet... you did not mention she also does April's voice...

Almost EVERYONE in Dragon Ball Z.

-Son Goku sounded too heroic
-Chibi Son Gohan sounded like a spoiled brat
-Piccolo was WAY overdone
-Vegeta sounded like a british person (Christopher Sabat SUCKS)
-ChiChi....ugh
-Bulma sounded like a teenage b**** even in GT where she was pretty damn old
I would have to disagree with some of those. Goku sounded more like a clueless, naive man than a superhero, and Piccolo and Vegeta's voices were perfect. I liked them better than the Japanese ones. The others... yes, I do agree.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Actually, Veronica Taylor doesn't voice Tails.

ThirdMarioBro
04-22-2004, 10:21 AM

I did not know that......guess theres another person at 4Kids who sucks. Oh well :roll: Thanks for pointing that out.

Didn't know that either. If she does such a good April, then why does she suck so badly at all the others? All the more reason to be confused I guess.

Stone Ill
04-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Cartoon or Anime dub?

The topic title seems to suggest a bit more than that, don't ya think?

Dr. Doom
04-22-2004, 10:46 AM
I actually prefer to watch stuff dubbed, jsut because it allows me to pay more attention to the visual aspects of stuff. The only exception would be if the dub was just UN-FREAKING-BARABLE. I also really like trying to identify English VAs just from hearing them, so that is kinda nice when it's dubbed too.

On topic tho, this is something I hafta think about, cause there are a lotta VAs out there. I'll get back to you all on it.

Drtooth
04-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Sonic's japanese voice in both anime are excellent. I like his English Sonic X voice, though. And Knuckles, Eggman and Sera in the anime were okay.

However, I do like Eggman's US voice a bit for one reason or another.

Yeah.,.. they're okay... and certainly a step up from ...shudder... urkle (sorry for the old early 90's actor vendetta, but I am really disliking the Sonic from Adventures of... Robotnik was fun to laugh at, and the two dumb-bots were okay, especially Michael Donovan) Eggman is my favorite, and I like his 2 evil robots. the others are okay... nothing spectacular...

Anyway... there's this one voice actree... either Chantal Strand or Andrea Libman (I can't trust fuzzy.com... they're always gleeming miscnceptions) all her voices sound BLOODY the same. All she can do is that little baby voice.... annoying.

Taloniss
04-22-2004, 05:03 PM
That women they brought in to play Maude Flanders when the old VA left over money on Simpsons before they offed her. Lord, she was bad.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-22-2004, 05:29 PM

I did not know that......guess theres another person at 4Kids who sucks. Oh well :roll: Thanks for pointing that out.

Didn't know that either. If she does such a good April, then why does she suck so badly at all the others? All the more reason to be confused I guess.

This is when you turn to the Internet Movie Database:

Out of the characters you listed:

Ash Ketchum: Veronica Taylor
Tails: Amy Palant
Chris: Suzanne Goldfish
Mokuba: Tara Jayne

As for that kid in "Lone Raph and Cub"...not a damn clue.

Not a SINGLE one of those VAs are the same. :P

Also, does anyone else notice that Amy is the only character from Sonic's world in Sonic X that has a normal name? I mean, come on, "Knuckles"? "Tails"?

Anarchistguy
04-22-2004, 05:53 PM

This is when you turn to the Internet Movie Database:

Out of the characters you listed:

Ash Ketchum: Veronica Taylor
Tails: Amy Palant
Chris: Suzanne Goldfish
Mokuba: Tara Jayne

As for that kid in "Lone Raph and Cub"...not a damn clue.

Not a SINGLE one of those VAs are the same. :P

Also, does anyone else notice that Amy is the only character from Sonic's world in Sonic X that has a normal name? I mean, come on, "Knuckles"? "Tails"?

Tails is just his nickname. His REAL name is Miles

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, yeah, I know that much, but how often do they call him Miles in the games or anime?

Drtooth
04-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Ironically, I've only heard him been called Miles Prower in one animated medium... Adventures.... weird.

Kameko
04-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Well, yeah, I know that much, but how often do they call him Miles in the games or anime?Always in the games: "Miles 'Tails' Prower"

[note: if you've never done it, say "Miles Prower" out loud and fast. :P ]

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Yes, yes, yes, I KNOW his name is Miles...(Hell, it's in the BG of Sonic 2)

But none of the characters, when talking to him, ever call him Miles.

Ninjinister
04-23-2004, 08:54 AM
I would have to agree with the Sonic OVA.

However, a lot of people say American voice actors dubbed on anime are lousy, only because they compare them to the Japanese voices. Agreed, there are a lot of dub voices that just plain suck. But you must realize the Americans and Japanese are two different cultures and markets. One voice might work over there, but the same style voice would not be well recieved in the US. It's like watching the Japanese dub of The Simpsons; he doesn't sound as much as an oaf as he does in the American version, but the type of voice they use works well as a low-intelligence character in Japan.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2004, 08:59 AM

-=Tries it=-

Oh, cool!

Meira-Bates
04-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Tails doesn't like the name Miles... lol and I think Amy is named diffrently cause she's from a diffrent planet (if you go by game origin). If you go by the archie comics origin she's a princess, just like Sally Acorn....notice the resemblance in names? Sally Acorn....Amy Rose? And when I look back on it, it seems Archie had that planned long ago, considering thier Salior Moon parody with Sally like Sailor Moon and Amy like Chibi Moon. What I'd like to know is where the heck the names Cream and Cheese came from X.x....Antione's name as well @.@ Most the other main characters of all the diffrent versions have names that refer to thier appearance, personality, or ablities.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Tails doesn't like the name Miles... lol and I think Amy is named diffrently cause she's from a diffrent planet (if you go by game origin). If you go by the archie comics origin she's a princess, just like Sally Acorn....notice the resemblance in names? Sally Acorn....Amy Rose? And when I look back on it, it seems Archie had that planned long ago, considering thier Salior Moon parody with Sally like Sailor Moon and Amy like Chibi Moon. What I'd like to know is where the heck the names Cream and Cheese came from X.x....Antione's name as well @.@ Most the other main characters of all the diffrent versions have names that refer to thier appearance, personality, or ablities.

Say Cream and then Cheese.

raphael_is_cool
04-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Yes, but they were just referring to how the name came about since it doesn't refer to appearance or abilities or anything

I only just saw Sonic X today...what a weird show. But then I seem to recall the one I saw as a kid being a lot weirder

Jo Dawn
04-23-2004, 04:36 PM

Ohhh! Hey, I never noticed that before! Hehe. Cool. :)

Meira-Bates
04-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Say Cream and then Cheese.

I know that much, but it's as Raphael_is_cool said...I'm wondering why. lol how in the world did Cream get named Cream and that goes double so for Cheese @.@

Dr. Doom
04-24-2004, 12:08 AM
I kin answer, but I'd hafta get my mouth washed out with soap.