PDA

View Full Version : unlikly future old school dvds

yojimbo
04-22-2004, 10:42 AM
I feel that it is very unlikly that there will every be a season 2 old school dvd. Only because the amount of eposodes that are in the seasons. Think about it ther are onily 5 eposodes in season 1, easly can fit on one disk. In season 2 there are 18 you may nead 2 or 3 disks. But then thinking even farther in the future, season 3 that has over 50 eposodes that would take at the least 10 disks to make!! It would just be to costly to produce a large number of copys.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see all the old school toons on dvds, i just think that it would cost too much to produce.

TheRATKING
04-22-2004, 10:59 AM
sadly i feel this is true aswell

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
04-22-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't know about that. SEason 2 had 13 eps. They can make 13 eps into a disk
Alot of other shows are/or have been making dvds of season of shows like Simpsons has all the eps of that season in 1 dvd and buffy is doing that too.
They will make a batman animated series dvd with 27 eps, the first half of the first season, so if they make dvd of season 3 and 4 they may have to divde them (seasons) into 2 disks. The other seasons can fit into one disk. But seasons 8, 9 and half of season 10 can be rolled into one disk.

It is doable to make them into one cd.

X
04-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Uh, yeah. If you noticed, the first season DVD had 9 episodes on it, that tells you that maybe - just maybe - they were testing waters. They probably know that season 3 had a ton of episodes, and if you say there are 50, then that's a lot. So think about it.

Alien Quadrilogy = 9 discs = 80 bucks here in OKC
X-Files season sets = 6-7 discs a set = 100 bucks here

OK alsop note that Family Guy season 1&2 combined onto 3 discs totaled 27 episodes. Now where Ninja Turtles season 3 would fall in would most likely be, 6 discs. That's 9 episodes spread across 5 discs, and the other 5 to make 50 eps would be on disc 6 with special features.

I bet if this sells and the second season comes and it sells, this configuration will be used in season 3. Then again, I will be sorely dissapointed if LGF/FHE don't continue the trend by releasing more seasons. There's no logic behind releasing one season, with only 5 episodes and call it quits. They opened a Pandora's Box, and now would not be a good time to close it. I'm sure lot's of people would be angry that they got started on something that won't get finished. Once I buy a season set of a show I like, I expect them to finish it. My DVD collection speaks for that -

http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=megax11

Taloniss
04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
13 episodes is no problem. They could easily fit that onto 2 discs.

3 Part 1 (25 episdes) then a few months later release Season 3 Part 2 (25 episodes)

They did the same thing with Transformers. Really, pretty much the deciding factor will be sales of the season 1 DVD.

yojimbo
04-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Let me correct myself there is onily 46 eposodes in season 3 still alot of eposodes to put on disks. I want to remind you that i am all for the old tmnt on dvd but i feel that it may not happen.

I know that there may be some emotion for all those people who whant more eposodes but i would not get your hopes up.

Edit by Mike: Don't double post.

For Taloniss's idea i think it is a good idea. But if you have picked up the season 1 dvd it is easy to see that there whas not alot of thought into the project and i beleve there will be very little thaught is season 3 too.

ZariusTwo
04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Gee, whizz, people sure are HAPPY in this thread :roll:

Meh...I have every season on C.D anyway...in fact it is'nt that hard to get any of them at all without having to pay for a DVD which has four episodes from Season Ten of all bloody seasons as extras

Orochi Chimera
04-22-2004, 01:36 PM
As long as the first season DVD sales are good, I'm sure they will release another season.

Bry
04-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Meh.

I picked up the first season disc yesterday, and I'm pleased enough with it. The packaging and menus seem a bit slapped-together, but the show is what matters, and I'm very happy to see it looking so sharp and clear.

I don't know that I'd be especially interested in picking up any further seasons, though, aside from maybe the second.

I'm just glad that the original miniseries is on DVD and I have it!

Taloniss
04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
For Taloniss's idea i think it is a good idea. But if you have picked up the season 1 dvd it is easy to see that there whas not alot of thought into the project and i beleve there will be very little thaught is season 3 too.

Probably because they are just testing the waters to see if there is a large enough market for the old show to make it worth their time to put effort into it. By not putting up alot of money for season 1, they aren't taking a huge risk with it. If season 1 sells well, I'm sure they will put some effort into the next DVD's since they know they will sell.

Kind of like how WB tested to see if B:TAS DVD's would sell before putting out a full box set.

I'm glad we got Season One, I could watch it over and over and never get tired of it :)

Drtooth
04-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah... personally, i'd love season 2, and a season 3 part one and part two. I hope these DVD's do well... how could they not? I mean, the old TMNT show is one o the most popular shows of the 80's.....