PDA

View Full Version : Garfield comes to DVD!!!!

Drtooth
04-23-2004, 11:07 AM
With the event of the live action piece of cra.... uh movie, Fox has FINALLY released some Garfield DVD's of old specials and the Garfield and Friends TV show...

Garfield and Friends season 1 (http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2004_04_17.html#004031)

http://www.garfield.com/news/flash.html

About time, if you ask me..... especially the rare "Garfield gets a life" special not seen since 1991... only once....

Relay
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
That's great news! I used to watch Garfield and Friends all the time. Plus, any release of a great animated series such as this to DVD is as good to me as my weight in lasagna would be to Garfield.

Drtooth
04-23-2004, 11:17 AM
I hope they have all the comic Blackouts (the short sketches) in tact, and not just release the syndicated version....

That Matt Guy
04-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I liked the Garfield cartoons, but those toons with that pig and that damn egg annoyed me to no end.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2004, 11:21 AM
lol, I remember that stuff. The show usta be on right before TMNT on CBS, I think.

Relay
04-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Does anybody remember an animated Garfield special that had different cartoons of Garfield but each were in different animation styles? I don't remember the name of it, but for some reason I remember it being very dark. Either that or I just dreamed it up. :-?

Taloniss
04-23-2004, 11:41 AM
YES!! I've been waiting for these since forever. I loved the cartoon series, and the specials are great.

If one good thing comes from the movie, it'll be that they released these to pump people up for it.

ThirdMarioBro
04-23-2004, 12:05 PM
It took them long enough. Finally we're gettin the Garfield TV specials. FINALLY! What a great DVD year. I hope it dosen't have that damn US Acres crap with the dumb pig. I just want the fat cat. This should be sweet.

Drtooth
04-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Does anybody remember an animated Garfield special that had different cartoons of Garfield but each were in different animation styles? I don't remember the name of it, but for some reason I remember it being very dark. Either that or I just dreamed it up. :-?

The special you are refferring to is "Garfield: His 9 Lives" based on a book of the same name. I do have this on tape, but it is very old, So unfotunately I couldn't make a copy for a tape trade if you wanted it.

Now that's an ideal thing to put on another DVD, as long as these ones do well. I hope they have a holiday 3 episode special... Need to hear Jon and Doc boy yell "PRESENTS" near the end of A Garfield Christmas special.

Taloniss
04-23-2004, 02:24 PM
What does everyone have against US Acres? I thought it was pretty funny.

'The bunny rabbits is coming!'

Drtooth
04-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Wade Duck was my favorite character.

Man I loved US Acres back when it was a comic strip.... too bad it didn't do as well as the main comic.

Anarchistguy
04-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Wade Duck was my favorite character.

Man I loved US Acres back when it was a comic strip.... too bad it didn't do as well as the main comic.

??There was a US Acres comic strip???

ThirdMarioBro
04-24-2004, 12:32 AM
What does everyone have against US Acres? I thought it was pretty funny.

'The bunny rabbits is coming!'

It was kinda dumb, and just not on the Garfield scale. As a seperate series, it would've tanked like a heavy turd.

Meira-Bates
04-24-2004, 09:36 AM
All I liked about US acres were Wade and...can't remember his name x.X Garfield was deffinetly beyond it. I've always wanted to see 9 lives, so I really hope it comes out.

04-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh man, I loved the Garfield show. It's about time the episodes come out on DVD.

Drtooth
04-26-2004, 10:17 AM
:bump:

Not only is one fat feline coming to DVD....

HEATHCLIFF (http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1412)

EZweasel
04-26-2004, 10:31 AM
i bet none of you remember the first live action garfield movie. it was a great one too. in the style of roger rabbit...it was called the big red truck i think. great movie.

EDIT, i was wrong. that was snoopy. SO SORRY!, anyways i loved the garfield christman special.

ThirdMarioBro
04-26-2004, 12:29 PM

HEATHCLIFF!!!!!!

w00t!

Relay
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM

HEATHCLIFF!!!!!!

w00t!
I second your w00t. Heathcliff is an awesome cartoon.

Jo Dawn
04-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Heathcliff?! :o I loved Heathcliff! I really liked the one cat, with the rollerskates... what was his name? Wordsworth? I can't remember...

*begins singing Heathcliff theme song*

Anarchistguy
04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Heathcliff?! :o I loved Heathcliff! I really liked the one cat, with the rollerskates... what was his name? Wordsworth? I can't remember...

Heatcliff?? That cat who kept fighting neighborhood dogs? I think it's just me but I think I saw Inspector Gadget sometimes in that show (posters, TV shows)

Drtooth
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM

Heatcliff?? That cat who kept fighting neighborhood dogs? I think it's just me but I think I saw Inspector Gadget sometimes in that show (posters, TV shows)

Jo Dawn: You are correct. his name is Wordsworth.

anarchistguy: Gadget did appear a few times in the background of Heathcliff, and in the second season of Gadget, Heathcliff appeared in the background (the Cattallac Cats as well) of Gadget's show (in "Magic Gadget," the one I have on tape, a Heatcliff head pops out of the lesser Wambini's hat)

Misfit
04-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Guess I'm the only one who loved the US Acres part of Garfield. True it was nowhere near as good or funny as Garfield but I still appreciate it and like it. I always liked Wade the Duck who was afraid of everything, and super gulliable. I just thought it was a cute segment.

Meeko
04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
GARFIELD on DVD YAY

Drtooth
04-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Guess I'm the only one who loved the US Acres part of Garfield. True it was nowhere near as good or funny as Garfield but I still appreciate it and like it. I always liked Wade the Duck who was afraid of everything, and super gulliable. I just thought it was a cute segment.

Indeed. Roy and Wade were the best portions of that segment.

You know, I wish they'd work this backwards... put the last season on DVD first. The last few seasons were lost when the show went into syndication, and there was a lot of great stuff there....

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-26-2004, 06:27 PM

Jo Dawn: You are correct. his name is Wordsworth.

anarchistguy: Gadget did appear a few times in the background of Heathcliff, and in the second season of Gadget, Heathcliff appeared in the background (the Cattallac Cats as well) of Gadget's show (in "Magic Gadget," the one I have on tape, a Heatcliff head pops out of the lesser Wambini's hat)

I assume this is because both shows came out of the crapfactory that is DiC?

Anarchistguy
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
DiC wasn't a crap factory until after 1994.

in the 80s-first half of 90s , DiC had GREAT Shows:
-Heatcliff
-Dennis The Menace
-The Real Ghostbusters(first two seasons)
-Inspector Gadget
-Sonic SatAM
-The New Archies
-Where's Waldo

Lately, DiC has been REALLY sh*tty:

-Sonic Underground
-Archie's Weird Mysteries
-That godawful Sabrina cartoon
and so on...

Drtooth
04-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Exactly... they made great shows, and when they made "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, the quality fell fast (SatAm Sonic was their last great one) I like Archie's weird Mysteries a bit... it's okay. But Sabrina... and they made 2 of them... boggles my mind!

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Exactly... they made great shows, and when they made "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, the quality fell fast (SatAm Sonic was their last great one) I like Archie's weird Mysteries a bit... it's okay. But Sabrina... and they made 2 of them... boggles my mind!

Yeah, I know, I should've rephrased that something similar to:

"...the crapfactory that DiC is now?"

...or something, I dunno.

Anarchistguy
04-26-2004, 08:57 PM

[useless trivia] Did you know that some of the AoSTH eps were actually animated by the the same company who animated Sonic X?[/useless trivia]

Back on topic, do any of you remember the Garfield Rap?
The only lyrics I remember was something like this...
"It's cool to be a cat,
Lie around, get fat"
It was from the last seasons (non-syndicated)

Drtooth
04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
You know... I knew TMS animated a lot of stuff back in the day, Animaniacs, Ducktales, Inspector Gadget.... never knew they did AoStH....

I Really do miss the last seasons thoug....