PDA

View Full Version : DVDs

Jarrah White
04-24-2004, 01:58 AM
I've noticed alot of really old tv shows have been coming out on DVD, The Saint, Transformers, Starsky & Hutch, Knight Rider, The Young Ones, and even TMNT Classic. What do you wish they'd release on DVd? My two choices would be TNM and James Bond Jr.

damnhooligan
04-24-2004, 02:20 AM
The Adventures of Pete and Pete

Anarky
04-24-2004, 03:29 AM
The young ones on DVD??? Thanks for the info. that show is hilarious.

Jarrah White
04-24-2004, 03:49 AM
Yes I've been meaning to pick up a copy myself. Both seasons are on seperate DVDs.

Brodie
04-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Pete & Pete
Mighty Max
The Maxx

Taloniss
04-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Well, some stuff I want is coming out later this year, like B:TAS Boxset, Spider-man 60's and Garfield & Friends and I've heard that they're releasing Super Mario Super Show and Inspector Gadget. And some are in the process of being released, like Simpsons, King of the Hill, Buffy and Angel.

I wish they'd release box sets of the 90's X-men and Spider-Man cartoons, though. And Bump in the Night.

cqb101
04-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Gargoyles
Biker mice from Mars
Street Sharks
Pete + Pete
Mighty Max
90's marvel toons

Some others that I can't think of.

Taloniss
04-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Biker mice from Mars
Street Sharks

Ahh, How could I forget those!

Meira-Bates
04-24-2004, 09:22 AM
-The Maxx (though I have the whole series dled, I'd like to buy it and not feel like a criminal, lol)
-Sam and Max (Please, please, please @.@)
-Invader Zim (though that's coming or is already out by now WHOOO)
-Rocko's Modern Life
-Dinosaurs (the tv series...yanno "We're gonna need another Timmy!")

Jarrah White
04-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Street Sharks? I know of this TV show, but I never saw it. Could someone explain to me what's it about?

cqb101
04-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Street Sharks? I know of this TV show, but I never saw it. Could someone explain to me what's it about?

It was about four teenagers who get geneticly transformed into humanoid sharks. Eventually Dr. Piranoid(I think that was his name) transformed other people into other creatures(another shark, a killer whale, lobster, eel, swordfish, manta ray, etc.) I loved the show a helluva lot, and the figures kicked ass too.

I'd also like to see Tremors: The Series on DVD some day.

Jarrah White
04-25-2004, 02:57 PM

It was about four teenagers who get geneticly transformed into humanoid sharks. Eventually Dr. Piranoid(I think that was his name) transformed other people into other creatures(another shark, a killer whale, lobster, eel, swordfish, manta ray, etc.) I loved the show a helluva lot, and the figures kicked ass too.

Why didn't they just call it Teenage Mutant Hero Sharks :lol: Sounds okay, maybe I'll look out for it at my video store.

cqb101
04-25-2004, 03:16 PM

Why didn't they just call it Teenage Mutant Hero Sharks :lol: Sounds okay, maybe I'll look out for it at my video store.

It was also a lot more serious than the old TMNT toon...It wasn't nearly as goofy.

Dr. Doom
04-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I'd definately LOVE to see the old X-Men toon on DVD as well as Batman TAS.

Brodie
04-25-2004, 03:20 PM
The toys were awesome, I wish I could have gotten them when they first came out, with the plastic cages. But I got them later on, only got the whale, the stupid version of the rollerblading shark. He was my fave, but the version I got he had stupid smoke on his shoes.

I wish I woulda got Manta ray.

cqb101
04-25-2004, 03:34 PM
The toys were awesome, I wish I could have gotten them when they first came out, with the plastic cages. But I got them later on, only got the whale, the stupid version of the rollerblading shark. He was my fave, but the version I got he had stupid smoke on his shoes.

I wish I woulda got Manta ray.

Ya, the figures kick ass. The only ones I remember having were super hero slammu, the killer whale guy, the original streex, and the mantaman(my favorite character)

I'm checking out the figures on ebay right now....Hopefully I'll be able to get some good deals.

ThirdMarioBro
04-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Spider-man 60's and Garfield & Friends and I've heard that they're releasing Super Mario Bros. Super Show and Inspector Gadget. .

Spidy, Mario, Gadget, Garfield Specials, Old TMNT, New TMNT, Star Wars Trilogy, and buttloads more. This year is soooo sweet! :D

Brodie
04-25-2004, 04:04 PM
It's 'Spidey.'

MrPliggins
04-25-2004, 07:26 PM
I wish they would release The Tick: the original cartoon series on dvd...in season sets.

Also a season set of the Legend of Zelda series.

and Spider-man and His Amazing Friends complete set along with Spider-man 90's Fox season sets.

Sam and Max would be nice, and Silver Surfer.

BigThew
04-25-2004, 07:34 PM
bobby's world is coming out the 4th of may
that total slipped my radar
i can't wait

jeff the cheff
04-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Hell yea pete and pete needs to be on DVD.

Jarrah White
04-26-2004, 03:12 AM

Your right, his name is Dr. Piranoid. I rented a tape just now, I'll what it later. Dr. Piranoid, Dr. No, Dr. Who, Dr. Derange, Dr. Evil, Dr. Claw, honestly, who comes up with these names? :lol:

That Matt Guy
04-26-2004, 04:17 AM
I'd definately LOVE to see the old X-Men toon on DVD as well as Batman TAS.

Same here.

Voltron
04-26-2004, 05:46 AM
pete & pete
the 90's Super Hero cartoons
60's Batman episodes

Drtooth
04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
90's marvel toons Some of them are, but only because they made movies out of them. I'd like to see fantastic four re-emmerge, though. You also mentioned Gargoyles, wich is supposedly comming out.

Someone tell me more on Inspector gadget, though.... I'm dying to see him on DVD, not as a live action movie. (I have the cartoon movie... it's okay and all...but give me my G1 Gadget)

I've also found out Heathcliff is coming to DVD (the DIC animation version, with the Cattellac cats, not the 70's Marmaduke version).

So right now, I'd just really want to see Darkwing Duck on DVD, allong with Dinosaurs (can't believe someone else brought that up) and Fraggle Rock...

Meira-Bates
04-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Ah DarkWing Duck x.X that's another for my list!

I also should have mentioned Sonic SatAM and Eek the Cat (perferably the season with Terrible Thunder Lizards added on)

Relay
04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
SWAT Kats. That would be a kick-ass DVD.

Taloniss
04-26-2004, 11:55 AM
I'd just really want to see Darkwing Duck on DVD

omg, how could I forget good ol' DW?! I so want that on DVD as well.

Jo Dawn
04-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Darkwing Duck would be great to have on DVD, also...

Drtooth
04-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Ah DarkWing Duck x.X that's another for my list!

I also should have mentioned Sonic SatAM and Eek the Cat (perferably the season with Terrible Thunder Lizards added on)

There actually was a disk of SatAm Sonic, but unfortunately, like te initial release of The Super Mario Super Show DVD's, they are impossible to find and long gone.

Eek, unfortunately is owned by Disney for some reason, vbut I have heard Bobby's World is getting the DVD treatment in may....

Dr. Doom
04-26-2004, 02:38 PM
SWAT Kats. That would be a kick-ass DVD.

That show has the greatest theme song ever.

Jarrah White
04-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Okay, I've seen Fresh Water Sharks, Shark Treatment, and Road Sharks (I remember catching a glimps of this episode whilst flipping through the chanels years ago). I must say the Street Sharks are quite good, they kinda remind me of Mako from the Image comics. Yeah, I hope the show is released on DVD :)

That Matt Guy
04-27-2004, 04:09 AM
It would be great to have all of these preserved on DVD, but I don't think I would actually spend money on any of them. Except maybe 90s X-Men.

Jo Dawn
04-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Yeah... the 90's X-Men cartoon was really good. That would be cool to have on DVD.

Except for the Pheonix Saga... Sorry, but I wasn't a fan of that. *waits for the backlash*

Voltron
04-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah... the 90's X-Men cartoon was really good. That would be cool to have on DVD.

Except for the Pheonix Saga... Sorry, but I wasn't a fan of that. *waits for the backlash*

I'd probably buy it, too. I barely remember it anymore.