PDA

View Full Version : Bmp Images

Michaelangelo|DAH
04-24-2004, 02:56 PM
I just wanna know if it is absolutely impossible to upload bitmap pictures, to this and any other website forums ???

raphael_is_cool
04-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Don't think you can get bmps on this one is all I know

Michaelangelo|DAH
04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
ohh ok ''DAMN IT''

damnhooligan
04-24-2004, 03:50 PM
BMPs are huge and unpractical for most web-based things, hence the reason most sites don't allow for them.

kyabetsu
04-24-2004, 04:35 PM
right. *.jpg files are far smaller than bitmaps.

and if your picture only has a very small number of colors (under 256)... then an even SMALLER file is a *.gif.

and your sig is HUGE.... you might wanna scale that puppy down!

rayfillet101
04-24-2004, 05:00 PM
they allowed BMP in february, and all of a sudden it is not allowed, what gives?

Michaelangelo|DAH
04-25-2004, 12:38 AM
ohh ok

thanks

well, it's just, when I had repainted my sig, and I saved it as a JPG file, it became all blurry as it is now. Does anybody know how to change, with the picture still being JPG format ???

kyabetsu
04-25-2004, 06:08 AM
what program did you use?

b/c i've had my jpgs turn out that way after i made them in MSpaint.
if you START as a bitmap in ms paint... it tends to blur a bit when you save as jpg.

and b/c mspaint doesn't let you CHOOSE which 256 colors to use for making your gif image... your image will come out blotchy. B/c mspaint has a pre-set color pallet for gif images, and it will match what colors you use AS CLOSELY as possible, but it's not always that close.

so. if you've got photoshop...

--it lets you define you gif colors... and the image will stay crisp.

--it also has a far better success rate (~100%) with turning BMPs into JPGs and not making them blurry.

if you DON"T have photoshop... try manipulating the image as a jpg from the beginning. if you never CONVERT it to bmp format, then you won't have to worry about it blurring when you try to change it BACK to jpg.

Michaelangelo|DAH
04-25-2004, 07:15 AM
thanks for the advice Kya...

thanks