PDA

View Full Version : Matrix haters

host_punktmy
04-26-2004, 02:28 PM
since I'm so tired of people talking about how much the Matrix movies suck I'm styarting a thread where people can say whatever they want to about the matrix movies and not do it in pro-matrix threads.... enjoy your matrix bashing you fools

Brodie
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm a fool? No, I'm not a fool, I just don't like the Matrix. Tough **** if you don't like it. It's my choice. And I F*cking hate it, so deal with it. It's not that big a deal.

host_punktmy
04-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh i forgot to mention that I'm not going to even bother posting in here or looking at peoples posts so don't bother bitching at me.

Barkworm
04-26-2004, 02:38 PM
This is ridiculous... :|

Kid Icarus
I don't hate the Matrix... just like how I don't hate Metallica... I hate most of it's fans who think it is the most breath-taking story ever, when it's really just a rehash of old ideas in to one.

Alice in Wonderland ring a bell folks?

Dr. Doom
Amen to that.

host_punktmy
04-26-2004, 02:41 PM
i guess i'm in here again but... aren't all stories just a fusing of things from past experience? Sure the matrix uses off of other stuff but then so does everything else

Brodie
04-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Ditto. And its kinda idiotic to make a thread, telling people to bitch, then after someone says something they're like "Oh, I'm not even looking at this."

You know he looked at what I said....

Barkworm
04-26-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't hate the Matrix... just like how I don't hate Metallica... I hate most of it's fans who think it is the most breath-taking story ever, when it's really just a rehash of old ideas in to one.
The first movie was great though.
AND METALLICA IS ****ING AWESOME!!! :evil:

Misfit
04-26-2004, 02:46 PM
I've never seen any of the Matrix movies. I have NO interest in seeing them, ever. Sometimes I feel so alone...

EZweasel
04-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Well i lve the matrix trilogy...my favorite trilogy of all time. even beter than the original star wars.

MTN889
04-26-2004, 02:49 PM
:roll: Right... because he's not gonna look at this topic as a guest...

Brodie
04-26-2004, 02:51 PM
...Better than the original Star Wars trilogy?

Riiiiiight....

Anyways, this might be my film studies class, but the Matrix is a big religious movie, so is the Star Wars trilogy, and the LOTR trilogy.

Odd how the best movies in America are the ones with an underlying religious story.

Dr. Doom
04-26-2004, 02:55 PM
LOTR is clearly the superior trilogy to all.

Brodie
04-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Damn skippy....Now if they'd made LOTR with Han Solo...****...I might piss myself

MW8979
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
I think the Matrix is meant to really analyze and in some way criticize society. It basically states that people tend to think they have choices when they don't, that people tend to think they're all different individuals when they aren't and that people lead superficial lives which seem to hold some meaning but in reality their existence is empty and pointless - they're just one of the many. Apart from being an apocalyptic futuristic action film, I think that's basically what the trilogy tries to get across.

Dr. Doom
04-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Very astute. Great post.

EZweasel
04-26-2004, 03:08 PM
i didnt even care for any of the LOTR movie..cept the first one..it was pretty cool in my book

Brodie
04-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but the same could be said about the film Clueless..

joking....

Raven
04-26-2004, 04:08 PM
i love those movies...oh wait i have to bash it like every one

DAMN THOSE MOVIES! I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

Voltron
04-26-2004, 04:18 PM
"Gimme Money!" is what the movies tried to get across.

Brodie
04-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I see that.

Dane E5R
04-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I like the Matrix trilogy. It's good, just not great.

Kid Icarus
04-26-2004, 05:48 PM
AND METALLICA IS f*** AWESOME!!! :evil:

*cough*

Voltron
04-26-2004, 07:45 PM
The first movie I felt was very well done. The story was excellent, the action/story ratio wasn't out of proportion, and most of all it was nice to see something that just didn't flat out suck. My problem with the series arose when I went to see the second movie. That was as Maddox, the best person ever to live, put it: "A train wreck." It seemed so forced, there wasn't anything new there to blow my mind.

IN SHORT I HAVE COMPRISED A SCRIPT OF THE SECOND AND THIRD MOVIES:

Morpheus-"Zion's gonna get attacked!"
Neo-"I think we should go into the Matrix and fight!"
Trinity-"I'm dead!"
Oracle-"You know what you need needn't need need want want need not not need need need want shouldn't have to only if you must want to do not do complete. Make your choice."
Me-"I should have gotten a large poison instead of a coke...sh*t"

Raven
04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
the only thing i didnt like about the second movie was that architect, god he was confusing. but other than that i really loved the movie.

ZariusTwo
04-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Lord of the Rings as a whole is the biggest piece of overated s*it I've ever seen, the final film totally ruined it.

The Matrix Trilogy OWNS, but for those who choose to hate it, to quote Morpheus

"Beleive whatever you want to beleive"

Oh...and Mettalica's last album sucked Donkey b*lls

Anarky
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
The first part was really awesome. I mean, great story, good acting, outstanding SFX, and a twist in the plot.

Then there was PArt Two. It wasn't exactly a bad movie, but it was nowhere near as good as #1.

and then... there was that cruelty that is supposed to be part #3. No good story, the SFX are overused, lousy end, and the acting gets worse. and the dialogues are ridiculous

So. The higher the number behind the word matrix, the worse the movie

MW8979
04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
The ending in Matrix3 was pretty dumb. And Lord of the Rings is very overrated.

Kid Icarus
04-26-2004, 09:44 PM
the only thing i didnt like about the second movie was that architect, god he was confusing. but other than that i really loved the movie. He wasn't an architect, he was a computer programer that designed the largest life-sim. Ever.

Fear us, for all your base are belong to us.

And so you all know, I have watched all but the last movie, so I'm not some idiot who hasn't seen them going around saying stuff like "omg t3hy R t3h 50xx0rz!!!!1!1!".

I've seen them, and I really don't get what people are gushing over. The backbone of the story isn't anything new... the concept of a world inside a world (hell, Men in Black even used that one). I will give it points for presenting it in a new way, but in this day and age that's really the only way that type of story could move on.

Barkworm
04-26-2004, 10:07 PM
AND METALLICA IS f*** AWESOME!!! :evil:

*cough*
You don't even appreciate their old work?

That Matt Guy
04-27-2004, 04:04 AM
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I saw Matrix "1" and had no f***ing idea as to what was going on.

Meira-Bates
04-27-2004, 04:44 AM
I didn't have a clue either the first time I watched it. I understood it the second time though because I wasn't in a classroom full of noisey idiots so I could actualy hear everything being said. Annnyhoooooooo I don't like the matrix...mind you I don't bashingly hate it...but I do feel it's over rated just like some of you people think LoTR is. However, no matter WHAT you do and how grand it is...some people are going to say that it's over rated...so personaly I never get why people get into fights about this sort of crap. o.O My old IRL friends tried to force feed me the matrix, thinking they could make me like it >.< no thanks...I'd rather watch Alice in Wonderland over and over....specaily since I find Alice to be a pretty cool game x.X but then again I seem to be attracted to the wierd.

damnhooligan
04-27-2004, 05:38 AM
I found the first movie to be a refreshing change of pace from the standard Hollywood blockbuster. But, well... by the time the second and third movies came about, the festering public had practically placed the movie on a pedistal and worshiped it like f***ing gilded cow.

Its pretty much a clear case of liking the movie (or in the second/third movies cases, tolerating) but hating the rabid fan base. I liked Lord of the Rings, but I could sure as hell do without the elf-worshiping cosplayers or obsessive Orlando Bloom fans. Same goes with hardcore Star Wars freaks and their Trekkie counterparts. Hell, I'd probably get pissed off at Deadites (Evil Dead fans!) were I not one myself.

cqb101
04-27-2004, 07:14 AM
"Gimme Money!" is what the movies tried to get across.

Ture that. I'll come in and type a longer response later.....no time now.

Voltron
04-27-2004, 09:52 AM
I found the first movie to be a refreshing change of pace from the standard Hollywood blockbuster. But, well... by the time the second and third movies came about, the festering public had practically placed the movie on a pedistal and worshiped it like f***ing gilded cow.

Its pretty much a clear case of liking the movie (or in the second/third movies cases, tolerating) but hating the rabid fan base. I liked Lord of the Rings, but I could sure as hell do without the elf-worshiping cosplayers or obsessive Orlando Bloom fans. Same goes with hardcore Star Wars freaks and their Trekkie counterparts. Hell, I'd probably get pissed off at Deadites (Evil Dead fans!) were I not one myself.

I remember that. Thats when Charlton Heston came down and fired tablet shaped bullets at everyone. Keanu Reeves stopped them all, of course.

Brodie
04-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Deadites unite.

Voltron
04-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooa...

Dr. Doom
04-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Lord of the Rings as a whole is the biggest piece of overated s*it I've ever seen, the final film totally ruined it.

No wonder he's been warned twice.

BTW, I love Metallica, Barkworm. I'm a fan of ALL of their stuff. \m/

raphael_is_cool
04-27-2004, 12:39 PM

Was Morpheus also bad at spelling? Hehe I'm just messing with you

I don't think this needs a thread. I like the first two matrix films I've seen. The first one was really good.
I like LOTR but I found the last one a bit disappointing
And not that it matters but I don't really like Metallica

Raven
04-27-2004, 03:15 PM
the only thing i didnt like about the second movie was that architect, god he was confusing. but other than that i really loved the movie. He wasn't an architect, he was a computer programer that designed the largest life-sim. Ever.

duh he wasent the architect, that was his name.

cqb101
04-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Why I don't like the matrix:

Bad acting
bad character development
loopholed plot
stupid, pointless sequences(rave from reloaded)
overused CGI

Good things that have come from the matrix:
The Animatrix

Raven
04-27-2004, 05:50 PM
The Animatrix

the animatrix was pretty good, i loved that cgi film.

cqb101
04-27-2004, 06:03 PM
The Animatrix

The CGI film kicked ass. Probably my favorite animatrix short. I also liked Detevtives story.

Raven
04-27-2004, 06:06 PM
The Animatrix

The CGI film kicked ass. Probably my favorite animatrix short. I also liked Detevtives story.

i loved the dectective story, it was very well animated, i liked the 2 short films were they explain how the robots took over...manly because the sceen were the robot kills his master :D

cqb101
04-27-2004, 06:19 PM
The Animatrix

i loved the dectective story, it was very well animated, i liked the 2 short films were they explain how the robots took over...manly because the sceen were the robot kills his master :D

Eh, those were alright....I also really loved the animation in kids story...Very much like tha animation in "Kill Bill"

Barkworm
04-27-2004, 10:41 PM

That's cool, what's your favourite album?

ZariusTwo
04-28-2004, 06:26 AM
[quote=ZariusTwo]Lord of the Rings as a whole is the biggest piece of overated s*it I've ever seen, the final film totally ruined it.

No wonder he's been warned twice?

Care I do not

cqb101
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
[quote=ZariusTwo]Lord of the Rings as a whole is the biggest piece of overated s*it I've ever seen, the final film totally ruined it.

No wonder he's been warned twice?

Care I do not

Care you do not when banned you will be?

Jarrah White
04-28-2004, 03:46 PM
I saw the first Matrix film, I thought it was pretty boring.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Of course. No Cleese.

raphael_is_cool
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
How cool would it have been to have Cleese as Q in it?

'Here's your NOKIA mobile phone double-oh-neo, you can use that to talk to us while you're in the matrix'
'Cool'
'Oh and here's your aston martin/BMW with some rockets and stuff..'
'Neat'

damnhooligan
04-28-2004, 04:02 PM
http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/damnhooligan/cleesematrix.gif

The possibilities!

raphael_is_cool
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
:lol: Class!

cqb101
04-28-2004, 04:24 PM
http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/damnhooligan/cleesematrix.gif

The possibilities!

Whoa.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 04:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! My mind's been freed!

damnhooligan
04-28-2004, 04:44 PM
I could photoshop Cleese all day.

Taloniss
04-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Cleese would have made Matrix 2 and 3 infintly better. Just like he made Bond better.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I think Cleese should be crowned king of the world

ZariusTwo
04-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Cleese should have been the Architect

cqb101
04-28-2004, 06:29 PM

You can say that again! He wouldhave been far better than that stupid KFC dude.

Taloniss
04-28-2004, 06:31 PM

Cleese should have played every part. Then the acting wouldn't have been so wooden.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 07:32 PM

Cleese should have played every part. Then the acting wouldn't have been so wooden.

Yeah! He could have been Agent Smith!

04-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Personally, I think Cleese should run for President.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Even though it's in direct violation of the constitution, I believe Cleese should run for president as well.

04-28-2004, 07:42 PM
I think they'd make an exception. I mean, he's clearly the best candidate for President.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Desmond? Who the hell is Desmond?

...Oh, right... the geezer from Bond.

Peanut
04-28-2004, 07:52 PM
You people never cease to crack me up! :lol: As far as the subject goes. I loved the first Matrix I watched it over and over until the tape broke. The second one I've watched twice. I don't really like it. Third I never even bothered to see. BTW Star Wars and LOTR both wang the Matrix trilogy so bad it isn't even funny.

Raven
04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
i like the matrix more than the new star war movies, those new movies suck ass.

Peanut
04-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes I have to agree they do.

Psycho Raph
04-29-2004, 01:17 AM
First Matrix: Blew my little 14 or 15-year-old brain away with all kinds of psuedo philosophical crap that got me interested in real philosophical crap for awhile. It was rated among the "Best Movies Ever" in my insignifigant list of "Best Movies Ever."

Second Matrix: Fun to watch, but not as good as the first. Still, it was entertaining and set us up for something really cool to happen.

Third Matrix: Nothing really cool happened. I wanted to like this movie, but the ending is holding me back.

Animatrix: Kid's Story and Detective Story pWn.

Matrix video game: Entertaining once you've hacked everything and know how to just randomly go around and be all invincible and stuff.

LotR: Fun to watch. Very entertaining. It got me to read the books (which are Helluva better).

Metallica: Their classic stuff pWnz. Their newer stuff is decent on occasion. Their newest stuff isn't as bad as everyone wants it to be.

cqb101
04-29-2004, 04:12 AM
i like the matrix more than the new star war movies, those new movies suck ass.

That they do. Tho I have high hopes for episode 3....I guess it's just the rabid SW fan in me.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 04:56 AM
The new one has Vader in it. James Earl Jones returning to do the voice. I don't know if I can handle it.

That Matt Guy
04-29-2004, 04:58 AM
I'll be happy if they use the same old Darth Vader suit and not some piece of **** clone trooper outfit.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 05:02 AM
the conceptual art shows him in the old Vader suit. He doesn't have the helmet, though, so he looks like Vader in the end of ROTJ.

That Matt Guy
04-29-2004, 05:07 AM
What? So James Earl Jones is going to be doing the voice, but Darth won't have on the mask? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

Voltron
04-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Well, that was the conceptual art. They may change it.

Let's try to keep in mind that at some point Lucas went retarded.

EZweasel
04-29-2004, 05:57 AM

Yeah! He could have been Agent Smith!

i hope your joking. you know yourself no one could take agent smiths part. hes only the greatest villian of all time (hugo weaving)

by the way lucas has already said in the 3rd prequal annikan gets his mask. i seen this in an interview.

raphael_is_cool
04-29-2004, 06:00 AM
Agent Smith wasn't wooden anyway. Do you think the character was so much like that because Hugo Weaving was bad at acting? He brought a cool persona to the character considering he's supposed to be like a computer program

EZweasel
04-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Agent Smith wasn't wooden anyway. Do you think the character was so much like that because Hugo Weaving was bad at acting? He brought a cool persona to the character considering he's supposed to be like a computer program

neo was becoming more wooden because he was becoming more program like i believe while at the same time agent smith was becoming more human like. it was balancing itself out. or something like that.

raphael_is_cool
04-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Indeed

Voltron
04-29-2004, 08:09 AM
i hope your joking. you know yourself no one could take agent smiths part. hes only the greatest villian of all time (hugo weaving)

by the way lucas has already said in the 3rd prequal annikan gets his mask. i seen this in an interview.

The sequels were absolute trash. Smith isn't that great of a villain, and Neo wasn't "becoming a program", it was Keanu Reeves, thats how he is. Watch Bill and Ted.

ZariusTwo
04-29-2004, 08:48 AM
[quote=Voltron]it was Keanu Reeves, thats how he is. Watch Bill and Ted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

raphael_is_cool
04-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Neo wasn't "becoming a program", it was Keanu Reeves, thats how he is. Watch Bill and Ted.

I think that's why they chose him for the part :lol:

Dr. Doom
04-29-2004, 09:24 AM

That's cool, what's your favourite album?

I can honestly say I don't have afavorite Metallica album. Just favorite songs, really..... a few include Of Wolf And Man, Bad Seed, Where The Wild Things Are, One, Battery, Damage Inc., Creeping Death, Chtulu, Fade To Black, Nothing Else Matters, King Nothing, The House That Jack Built...... the list goes on, I assure you. As you can see, a nice mix of old and new.

[Edit by Mike: Double posting makes baby jesus cry]

Oh, and Smith was a great villian, I'll give you that, but I wouldn't call him the greatest. There have been a LOT of great movie villains. I think Bill might be onna my favorites at this point. But there are A LOT, so I'm not saying that's definate. I just don't wanna rack my brain thinking about it.

revolutiontransmission
04-29-2004, 03:45 PM
The matrix trilogy could perhaps be the most overrated set of films ever. They should have stopped with the first one..it was pretty good. After the second one, i had no desire to see the third, or even to rewatch the second one to try to "get" it. oh and Eli Manning is a chotch.

ZariusTwo
04-29-2004, 04:51 PM
The matrix trilogy could perhaps be the most overrated set of films ever. They should have stopped with the first one..it was pretty good. After the second one, i had no desire to see the third, or even to rewatch the second one to try to "get" it. oh and Eli Manning is a chotch.

The Matrix is too globally hated to be "overated", prehaps one day it will be appreciated...

Lord of the Rings...now THAT was overated, the amount of attention that got made me sick, it did'nt even follow the books faithfully enough, "Return of the King" had to be the worst of the trilogy.

Peanut
04-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Maybe it got so much attention cause it was good...I'm sure millions and millions of people don't like it for no reason at all.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Maybe it got so much attention cause it was good...I'm sure millions and millions of people don't like it for no reason at all.

As a fan of the novels, I can say I didn't think they were that good. As a fan of movies, they were pretty good.

Raven
04-29-2004, 07:35 PM

i havge to agree, i thought smith was great, i like how he talked, it was differnent in a cool way.

That Matt Guy
04-30-2004, 01:48 AM
Chtulu

Could have sworn the song was spelled Ktulu.

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 07:55 AM
It goes either way.

ZariusTwo
04-30-2004, 08:15 AM

There we go again...overating it, the film was a glorified POPCORN mess, riddled with contradictions and phony scenes that were not included in the novels, if they want to adapt something, get it right.

04-30-2004, 08:31 AM
The reason why I saw the Lord of the Rings was because of overrating. I actually enjoyed the movies, but then started to not like them so much after realizing they changed so much from the books. Oh well, Tolkien did more explanation of the surroundings than the actual story, so I guess they had to change some things to not make it a 4 hour bore fest. Just my opinion, though.

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 09:55 AM
I really enjoyed the movies, those books are very hard to adapt and Peter Jackson did a fair job.

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm onna the people who saw the movies before reading the books, so they were like flawless to me.

Peanut
04-30-2004, 10:40 AM

There we go again...overating it, the film was a glorified POPCORN mess, riddled with contradictions and phony scenes that were not included in the novels, if they want to adapt something, get it right.

Whatever. It's your opinion. I'm not going to argue about it.

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 02:56 PM
BUT DOOM IS!!!!

-=Snaps his fingers and snipers are immediately positioned to kill Zarius=-

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
BUT DOOM IS!!!!

-=Snaps his fingers and nipers are immediately positioned to kill Zarius=-

What's a 'niper'?

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
:sweatdro:

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
:wink:

Voltron
04-30-2004, 03:30 PM
The reason why I saw the Lord of the Rings was because of overrating. I actually enjoyed the movies, but then started to not like them so much after realizing they changed so much from the books. Oh well, Tolkien did more explanation of the surroundings than the actual story, so I guess they had to change some things to not make it a 4 hour bore fest. Just my opinion, though.

Did you even read the books? There is a little too much story there. The man was a nut ball. The reason they changed things because if they hadn't, each movie would have been 19 hours long.

04-30-2004, 03:32 PM
I stopped in the middle of Two Towers, and for some reason I don't feel like reading the rest...

Voltron
04-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Two Towers was the best out of the three in my opinion. That book was fabulous.

04-30-2004, 03:36 PM
I'll pick it back up eventually. Probably in the summer when I go back to work. I still have The Silmarillion to read, which is a major project in itself.

Peanut
04-30-2004, 03:37 PM
HAHA! Same here. I ditched the books in the middle of Two Towers. Frankly the books seem kinda gay to me. All they do is sing and tell poems...and that Tom Bobadil was a stupid f***er!

Voltron
04-30-2004, 03:50 PM
HAHA! Same here. I ditched the books in the middle of Two Towers. Frankly the books seem kinda gay to me. All they do is sing and tell poems...and that Tom Bobadil was a stupid f***er!

Bombadil f*cking ruled!! And Gimli was only in it for the beheadings! I will not tolerate your tone.

04-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Bombadil was a little odd, but I'll have to agree with Voltron. He was the ****ing man.

Voltron
04-30-2004, 03:52 PM
To be honest, I can't believe they left him out. That guy was a maniac. Mordor wasn't even going to come near that guy they were so creeped out.

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Two Towers was the best out of the three in my opinion. That book was fabulous.
The cliffhanger at the end was great, a lot better than in the movie!
The scenes with Bombadil were kinda disturbing. Like the Hobbits were on drugs and just made him up (we know they've been smoking a lot). Didn't he undress the Hobbits when they fell into a river and then tell them to run through the grass naked to dry themselves (it's been some time since I read the books)?

Dr. Doom
05-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Only in our dreams, Barkworm. Only in our dreams. -=Sigh=-

Barkworm
05-02-2004, 12:38 AM
No, I'm serious there was a scene like that.

Voltron
05-02-2004, 11:08 AM
No, I'm serious there was a scene like that.

I...think you read the other version of the Lord of the Rings

Barkworm
05-02-2004, 12:51 PM

Voltron
05-02-2004, 01:18 PM

:lol: You made a reference to Hobbit, porn! Haw Haw!

ZariusTwo
05-02-2004, 01:27 PM
I was going to make a new thread about this, but seeing as this one is pretty much still alive

"Enter: The Transvesstrix"

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/0430sexchange.html