PDA

View Full Version : Question for Japanese model kit collectors

Anarchistguy
04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Have you ever heard of these:

http://www.animex.com/community/modelgallery/images/91-1.jpg

http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/simak/109/megalopolis/megarockmerch/rockmanx/RX3-fig-X.gif

and do you have one?
If so, is it worth the money?
I'm thinking of getting one.

Kid Icarus
04-27-2004, 01:25 PM
I've seen those, but I don't have one (the store that had them was charging 30 bucks a pop).

They look like nice kits though.

Brodie
04-27-2004, 01:26 PM
I bought one on ebay for 9 bucks, Was kinda stupid, mine was orange, but I want the ones with the steel balls that shoot from the gun-arms.

It'd be better if they were more of a staple in the American market, but they aren't.

Each one comes with tons of hands and stuff. And the directions are pretty simple to understand. These models are more of a toy than anything McFarlane has ever produced as a toy.

These are probably the best Mega Man toys/models around.

Kid Icarus
04-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Well, most Japanese model kits are more toys than models... Take the Gundam kits ;). Now those are fun. Specially the SD ones. Man I must have went through 2 of those a week >_>.

Anarchistguy
04-28-2004, 07:19 AM
I just got mine. DAMN these things are SMALL. But nonetheless they're GREAT!!!

Ninjinister
04-28-2004, 08:19 AM
That's the thing of Japanese toys vs. American toys... most (not all, mind you) Japanese toys look awesome AND have great articulation... there are hardly any American toys that do both. Also, Japanese toys come with cool little extras such as interchangable hands, heads, and PELLET CANDY!

Anarchistguy
04-28-2004, 12:19 PM
I bought one on ebay for 9 bucks, Was kinda stupid, mine was orange, but I want the ones with the steel balls that shoot from the gun-arms.

It'd be better if they were more of a staple in the American market, but they aren't.

Each one comes with tons of hands and stuff. And the directions are pretty simple to understand. These models are more of a toy than anything McFarlane has ever produced as a toy.

These are probably the best Mega Man toys/models around.

Can anyone tell why everyone hates Todd McFarlane so much?

Kid Icarus
04-28-2004, 12:22 PM
I think it's because most of his 'action figures' really don't move much and when they do, they don't look right in other poses than the one they come packaged in.

Anarchistguy
04-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh..But I heard people saying he's a jerk. How come?

Brodie
04-28-2004, 02:54 PM
He's not a very nice guy. He's had lawsuits filed, and other ****. I don't hate him, but his toys kind of get me mad. But don't get me wrong, I own tons of them. Just wish you could play with them.