PDA

View Full Version : Old toon Stockman vs. New toon Stockman

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Which one is better?

VaughnMichael
04-27-2004, 09:38 PM
you should have made a pole and I vote for new Baxter Stockman everyone hates him but I love him but perhaps thats why I like him so much because everyone else hates him muahhhaha
-Vaughn Michael

Jo Dawn
04-27-2004, 10:40 PM
New Stockman... if only because the old one was whiny and all that. He was just... ugh, I dunno.

... I hope we can all discuss the differences nicely and without getting this locked. I'm a bit wary of that...

Dane E5R
04-27-2004, 10:48 PM
I love new 'toon Baxter. Old toon Baxter was a sniveling lackey. This Baxter has balls. That's right, I said it! BALLS! Would YOU be calling Hun all those names if he was holdin' you by the collar of your shirt?!

ThirdMarioBro
04-28-2004, 12:04 AM
New Baxter. He's arrogant, loud mouthed, insane, and drawn like the comic. New Baxter rocks, old Baxter was just a cliched loony.

Zachatello00
04-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Old Baxter. This new guys gives me the creeps. I mean, I think he's great and all, but the brain thing is a bit much.

Jo Dawn
04-28-2004, 07:14 AM
I love new 'toon Baxter. Old toon Baxter was a sniveling lackey. This Baxter has balls. That's right, I said it! BALLS! Would YOU be calling Hun all those names if he was holdin' you by the collar of your shirt?!

That's kinda what I was looking for! The old one was whiny and annoying... this new one's got spunk. :wink: :)

Drtooth
04-28-2004, 07:50 AM

YEAH-heah-heah! Once he was in that Robot suit, he showed no mercy.

besides, as much as I like Pat Frawley and all.... that fly voice got on my nerves quite fast....

J Legault
04-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Nothing exciting about a Mutated Fly. So I vote New one, An evil scientist who dies hard and a big mouth to Shredder and Hun.

Misfit
04-28-2004, 09:45 AM
New Baxter, easily. I love his attitude, he just rocks.

I liked Old Toon Baxter in the beginning, I thought he was funny. Then when he turned into the Fly things just went downhill and he became a really crappy/annoying character.

Jester
04-28-2004, 09:46 AM
and now a voice of the minority...i like baxter the fly.....he was a fun villian who wanted revenge on everyone...making him a bit of a thorn i both the shredder's and the turtle's side....and i kidda like the buzzy voice..."The turtlezzzz, but i thoughtzzz"

damnhooligan
04-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Wasn't there a thread just a while back about this?

Anyhow, I dig Blaxter. The old one reminded me of bleach-blonde Beakman trying to kick a coke habit.

Kora
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Old toon Baxter scared me when I was little... I never liked him, nope nope nope. His voice annoyed me >.< ... sometimes, late at night, I can still hear his buzzling voice... echoing through my head ((lol, not really))

MasterMole
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM
definitely new Baxter. He's tougher and not as scared. I like that he has had several forms and he stands up against shredder and hun. I do hope though, that he finds one form and stays that way. Such as putting his brain into a Foot Mech.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 06:26 PM
New one is a lot less annoying.

ZariusTwo
04-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Old TMNT Cartoon Baxter was'nt around that long to warrant a real comparrison, the guy was ditched as a regular after...what? NINE EPISODES?

New Ninja Turtles cartoon Baxter, he's based on the MIRAGE comics, he's a better use of a cartoon in-joke...and he's funnier.

kitsunepixie
04-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Old toon Baxter scared me when I was little... I never liked him, nope nope nope. His voice annoyed me >.< ... sometimes, late at night, I can still hear his buzzling voice... echoing through my head ((lol, not really))

I was freaked out by him when I was little, too. I used to groan whenever I saw something like "Return of the Fly" in the title. It irritated me how he blamed all his troubles on the Turtles. :roll: Now I just feel really bad for his character. (Old version, that is)

The new Baxter is so much funnier with his arrogant attitude. I bet his voice actor has a lot of fun portraying him.

Kora
04-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Old TMNT Cartoon Baxter was'nt around that long to warrant a real comparrison, the guy was ditched as a regular after...what? NINE EPISODES?

woah, really?... I thought he was there more often then that

Lisardo
04-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Sorry but I havta say the Original Series Baxter was better. The new one is just plain weird, and concieted, and can't act. Very bad dialog. Plus he keeps changing into lower forms. I'm here thinking, "Ohhhhkay!" At least the old Baxter only changed forms once, and quite frankly, it was for the better. Tho then again, when he turned into a fly, I did kind of miss him as the labcoat. It was the labcoat Baxter from the OS that they used in the COOTS tour also. If there was a fight between the OS Baxter vs the FB Baxter, I'd havta say the OS Baxter would win, esp. if he's in his fly form.

Orochi Chimera
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
I Like Baxter the Fly. They really need to do something different with the new Baxter. He basically fails and loses body parts.

Sanjuro
04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I love the new toon Baxter. Basically right now he is Krang with a spine. I hope Shredder builds him the same android body like in the first cartoon.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-02-2004, 12:46 PM
They both were always bearing the brunt of punishments, like old toon BAxter almost got killed by krang in a disinegration chamber. The new toon baxter always gets parts off him taken until he is just a brain and a spine with a voice.

One similarity baxter in one of the eye of sarnoth ep he said thanks to my genius. Baxter said the same thing in secret origins 2. Difference eye of sarnoth shredder just looked at baxter mad. In secret orgins 2 shredder shocked baxter.

Differences Baxter old toon was a nerd. NEw toon baxter wasn't quite, but was always bragging about his genius and wasn't as much of a nerd.

Jephael
05-02-2004, 12:55 PM
I love the new toon Baxter. Basically right now he is Krang with a spine. I hope Shredder builds him the same android body like in the first cartoon.

Stockman did have that exosuit in "What a Croc" and the "City at War" three parter, but keep in mind that Krang was an alien brain who had slightly humanoid capabilities.

majesty329
05-04-2004, 08:43 AM
I actually liked the old toon Baxter before he became a fly.

Mobius One
05-04-2004, 09:04 AM
I like the new Baxter only because he is more like the original. And he is also more sinister and actually evil than the other. On the other hand I liked Baxter as the Fly. I voted for New Toon Baxter though.

JaffleMan
05-05-2004, 06:07 AM
I like the new Baxter better as he's just diabolical. He's always planning things ten steps ahead and is always manipulating people to get things done the way he wants them too.

This doesn't mean I don't admire the old skool Baxter. The old Baxter was just nuts and was the perfect portrayal of the mad scientist. The only unfortunate thing was the way the old show weakened his character by making him look childish and always having Shredder pull him by his ear. Best of all the old toy rocked, I still don't know why they never made a Baxter in the mutations series. Really shouldn't he have been made more of a priority before making that april/leopard and footsoldier/robot? Even the new Baxter is lacking form in the current toyline. At least since the line is current, Playmates still has the chance to make a decent figure (even though I still like the spider one). I can see the big exosuit being released in the future as an accessory though.

Ryona
05-10-2004, 11:22 PM
I'll save you all some time by just saying.....What JaffleMan just said goes ditto with me.

Serp
05-13-2004, 10:36 AM
I have to say that I like the new Toon Baxter more.