PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about movie income...

Brodie
04-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Today a friend of mine was telling me that the Punisher isn't making much money at all, and is even making less than Gili (gag). Is it true? How much was made?

It might not matter anyways since the sequel is already planned for a 2006 release.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Sequel? I'm there...

04-28-2004, 03:58 PM
I shall join you.

EZweasel
04-28-2004, 04:00 PM
punisher is doing pretty good. you can check it all out at www.boxofficemojo.com

here is the exact site. though its not doing that great it hasnt been out for too long.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=punisher.htm

gigli has only made $6,087,542....so its not even close to the punisher.

Brodie
04-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Sweet deal.

Raven
04-28-2004, 09:13 PM
well the first week it came out, it was number 2, right behind kill bill 2, so it must be doing pretty good.

man i have to see this movie again.

Dr. Doom
04-29-2004, 10:55 AM
I was reading previews of all the summer releases in Entertainment Weekly, and at the end of everything they always had "the Good News" and "The Bad News". And the bad news on pretty much anything thaty wasn't a big budget action flick, they said the "bad news" was "(insert movie premise here) doesn't usually make for box office gold". That really pissed me off and made me realize that people put too much bloody emphasis on box office success. There are alot of really great movies out there that made dick in theatres. I'm not like yelling at you for making this topic, you're inquiring about a sequel. I am pissed at Entenertainment Weekly tho, and every other magazine/entertainment news show that seems to think that if a mass of people like something, it has to be a good, quality movie/show/cd/etc. Maybe these masses are complete idiots who wouldn't know quality if it sodomized them in the alley behind a Pizza Hut.