PDA

View Full Version : Fokissed

TMNT571
04-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Yo what up, Im not sure how many people on here listen to rap so this is just for who ever. I listen to rap myself and i really enjoy listening to "underground" stuff or at least unknow talent. So I thought i would just drop this...For some tight ass music by this kidd go to www.fokissed.com he is the best rapper thats not signed with a deal in a long ass time.

If you do listen to his stuff leave me some feedback on what u think about him here so i can see.

Voltron
04-28-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm the official rapper on the boards.

I "drop mad rhymes all diggity day, yo."

damnhooligan
04-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Word.

04-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Fo' sho'.

Anarky
04-28-2004, 09:21 PM
I don't like Rap at all. The whole "lifestyle" to go with it is just too ridiculous (and very sexistic btw.)

FAH Q
04-28-2004, 09:31 PM
werd straight from the suburbs, yo!!

rap in the 90's was better. wasn't as focused on the b.s. as it is today.
it wasn't as maligned, but then again, a lot of the music these days is bereft of any real quality, case in point i will be making an awful album later this year. **shrug**

Peanut
04-28-2004, 09:32 PM
I actually listened to it...and no I don't like it. Not cause I'm biased and just HATE rap. In fact I do like some rap/hip hop (some tell me the diff?). I like a bunch of Ludacris stuff. Mostly because he's kind of a joke between me and a couple of my friends but I honestly do like some of his stuff. I wasn't "feelin'" it from this fellow however. Maybe I'm just not a big connoisseur of this culture and it's music, but I could honestly see people digging it. I'll let my sister (15 so you KNOW she's into the whole rap/hip hop/gangsta with the ass of his pants on the floor type thing.) have a listen and see what she thinks.

I'm actually stunned I contributed to a thread.

ThirdMarioBro
04-28-2004, 11:51 PM
werd straight from the suburbs, yo!!

rap in the 90's was better. wasn't as focused on the b.s. as it is today.
it wasn't as maligned, but then again, a lot of the music these days is bereft of any real quality, case in point i will be making an awful album later this year. **shrug**

Most music in general was better than the stuff we hear now days. :sleep:

Psycho Raph
04-29-2004, 01:46 AM
I like some rap. I'm a bigger fan of rock, punk, metal, goth, shock rock, etc. I'll give a fair review, though.

"Down If You Down": Very cliche, but what the Hell... A lot of people who listen to rap like lyrics like those. There's really no way to make it some kind of revolutionary hit single, but it would be better if the vocals were sped up.

"You Must Be Mistaken": I really liked it. It made fun of some cliches, established Fokissed as being his own person doing his own thing, and had a decent beat. So far down the list, I think this song would have the most potential as a single.

"Now THAT's Gangsta": This has to be my favorite song so far. Basically its telling everyone out there to stop being posers. It hits home because a lot of the rap I hear is about how the rapper (currently) lives in the Projects and then when I get home and turn on VH1 I see that exact rapper being reported on with pictures that show him in his multimillion dollar mansion walking around with brand new clothes and more chains than Mr. T.

"Rapper 2 MC": Cliche-type "I put a lot of effort into getting as far as I have" song that I hear a lot nowadays. It seems to be some kind of requirement, like a resume or something, to do a song like this. Despite the lyrics, I really liked the beat. Not one of my favorites, but it doesn't suck.

"MP3 Diary": I liked the beat, once again. The lyrics kinda gave me that same feeling that "Now THAT's Gangsta" gave me, so that's good. Overall, I have no beef with this song. It could be one of my favorites after listening to everything.

"The Lord's Other Prayer": Being that I'm not religious in any way whatsoever... I had no way to relate to this nor did I really like the beat. I guess someone who is religious would like it, but this would be a track I would skip over if this was a CD.

"Unstoppable, Undeniable, Indescribable": The oldest song on the page of songs. Its the classic intro song. Its about the most cliche thing ever in the history of rap (barring anything dealing with "projects", "da hood", or "gats"). But whatever, it seems that the songs just got better as newer ones came out (the newer ones being the previous ones I reviewed). This song is another one of those seemingly-obligatory songs like "Rapper 2 MC" was.

Overall, my favorite was "Now THAT's Gangsta" and my least favorite was "The Lord's Other Prayer." Everything else was pretty decent and I was right about "You Must Be Mistaken" having the most potential as a single being that after I listened to all the songs I voted on my favorite and noticed that "You Must Be Mistaken" is the most popular.

BTW: I found all these songs at http://www.fokissed.com/mysong.html

Voltron
04-29-2004, 04:59 AM
I liked old school rap. Back then everything was cool, everyone rapped about something funny that happened to them like what they ate last Sunday or buying shoe laces. Now it just seems like most rap is about drugs, sex, money, and how good the rapper in question is at getting all three while popping a cap in any person who stands in his way.

Anarky
04-29-2004, 08:55 AM
I liked old school rap. Back then everything was cool, everyone rapped about something funny that happened to them like what they ate last Sunday or buying shoe laces. Now it just seems like most rap is about drugs, sex, money, and how good the rapper in question is at getting all three while popping a cap in any person who stands in his way.

That's like the best dexription of rap i heard in a long time.

and i totally can't stand people like 50 cent. "Ah am tha biggest gangsta there iz, ya muthaf***az!"

I mean, how can women like that idiot. they are called bitch and/or ho in every bloody song. and they think that that's cool music, and then that "coolness" spawns things like those 14 year olds running around half naked, showing a lot of clevage, wearing tons of make up and talkign s#it all the time

how much worse does it get?

R-iZZy
04-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Actually, another guy on another board tried to pretend he was Fokissed (what a coincidence). I'm a hip-hop head, so yes... I've heard this guy before. Too bad the guy that tried to pull off being Fokissed was caught terribly by my friend off that board.

His soundclick also www.soundclick.com/fokissed. The guy is okay, he's got some good tracks. But this was the wrong place to promote this guy, because everyone is more into techno here, so don't expect any props or love for the guy from here.

Peanut
04-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Techno? Who's into techno?

R-iZZy
04-29-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't know... I chose a random music genre that wasn't rap. :ohwell:

Psycho Raph
04-29-2004, 03:42 PM
I like techno!

cqb101
04-29-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't like rap...sorry.....

TMNT571
04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
yea i figured most people on here were in to punk and rock but i thought there might be a few people on here that listen to rap.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Judas Priest!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOW!

GK Punk
04-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Judas Priest!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOW!

IM YOUR TURBO LOVER!

Proof I play to much Gran Turismo, right there. out of all the priests songs on earth, I chose that one.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 05:34 PM
I just love "Ram it Down". My friend introduced me to these guys about a year ago, and they're just that great.

jeff the cheff
04-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm not a huge rap fan, but I know if rap is good, and in my opinion this guy sucks.

R-iZZy
04-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Why are so many people promoting Fokissed? I want to know, because I've ran into too many people trying to promote this guy in front of me. He's okay, but nothing spectacular. His race doesn't excuse the fact that he needs a bit more creativity in his lyrics. Not discreditting him, because he's good... but I like being bugged about people who are great, and I've worked with those who are great...

TMNT571
04-30-2004, 04:32 PM
who are some other guys on soundclick that are good??

R-iZZy
04-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, I know a guy from the Bronx, named Cabar. www.soundclick.com/cabar. His crew is OIS... www.soundclick.com/ois.

I'm naming guys that I know that I believe have a future. There's Punchline, funniest Italian rapper ever! He's got punchlines out of this world (you can pretty much see where he got his name from), and ignore his hard accent... his lyrics are funny. His page is here (http://www.soundclick.com/punchline). And there's a guy called BeastXL, www.soundclick.com/beastx, and his crew... the Mic Kingz are nice, Will especially.

Also, IceChilla is pretty nice with it. www.soundclick.com/icechilla.

Also, one of my close friends drops a good amount of tracks. www.soundclick.com/urbanaka

And I can't forget some of my buddies from King Krown Records. Seville (www.soundclick/seville) and Sniper113 (www.soundclick.com/sniper113).

If you don't want my personal interests, but rather the ones members of the website are liking, use the charts.

And please, could everyone try to hold back the urge to say you don't like them? It's clear you don't like rap. If you are actually thinking of responding with posts saying you like them, then you can sure surprise me!