PDA

View Full Version : BATMAN!!!

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 02:49 AM
You know this guy?
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/batmanewexcl.jpg
His costume really looks different than in the previous movies. From what I see I'd say it's pretty awesome.
Click here (http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Batman/The_Movie/Movie_Stills&image=batmanew.jpg&img=&tt=) to see the full pic!

That Matt Guy
04-30-2004, 03:04 AM
I don't know. Looks like a generic Batman to me.

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Generic indeed but still different than the previous ones.

cqb101
04-30-2004, 04:19 AM
I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

I have high hopes for this movie....It might even be better than Dead End.

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 05:08 AM
I didn't like Dead End but I also have (maybe too) high hopes in Batman Begins. The cast is just excellent.

Naruto
04-30-2004, 06:31 AM
I hate how they change the batmobile in his movies >_< The first batman movie has the best vehicale

That Matt Guy
04-30-2004, 06:43 AM
No Batmobile is better than the 1966 Batmobile. Not one.

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 07:43 AM
I love it. All of you know how excited I've been about this movie, and if I had found it first, I would've posted this myself. I can't make out too many details about the suit, but Christian Bale looks good in it, which makes me happy. not one actor (in my opinion) has all at the same time...

1) Looked like Bruce Wayne
2) Looked like Batman
3) Been a good actor

Michael Keaton had 3 and 2, but he's not very suave looking or physically imposing minus the suit. He overall just seemed like too much of a comedian to me. Val Kilmer had 2, and woulda had one if he'd dyed his hair black. And unfortunately, has acting suffered because of the horrible directing. George Clooney only had 4.

4) Joel Schumacher was high on crack when he casted him, because he was an absolutely horrible Batman.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Christian Bale is PERFECT in this role.

GK Punk
04-30-2004, 08:27 AM
I love it. All of you know how excited I've been about this movie, and if I had found it first, I would've posted this myself. I can't make out too many details about the suit, but Christian Bale looks good in it, which makes me happy. not one actor (in my opinion) has all at the same time...

1) Looked like Bruce Wayne
2) Looked like Batman
3) Been a good actor

Michael Keaton had 3 and 2, but he's not very suave looking or physically imposing minus the suit. He overall just seemed like too much of a comedian to me. Val Kilmer had 2, and woulda had one if he'd dyed his hair black. And unfortunately, has acting suffered because of the horrible directing. George Clooney only had 4.

4) Joel Schumacher was high on crack when he casted him, because he was an absolutely horrible Batman.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Christian Bale is PERFECT in this role.

My feelings exactly. I cant wait to see how this turns out.

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Sweet costume. This movie is going to own.

I've read that this suit allows for more flexibility as well, and you actor can actually turn his head when in the suit, which none of the other costumes allowed.

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 08:42 AM
He can move his NECK!?

Such technology we have these days.....

Mars-Chan
04-30-2004, 09:36 AM
SWEET MOTHER OF SPOOT!!!

Christan Bale is the new Batman?!?! *swoons and melts into a puddle as "Santa Fe" plays as she becomes a puddle*

:lol:

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 11:00 AM
He can move his NECK!?

Such technology we have these days.....

Yeah, well, they couldn't in the other ones, so at least it's an improvement :P

Raven
04-30-2004, 01:57 PM
i cant see the picture, its not coming up.

Jo Dawn
04-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Christian Bale... :D :tlove:

SWEET MOTHER OF SPOOT!!!

Christan Bale is the new Batman?!?! *swoons and melts into a puddle as "Santa Fe" plays as she becomes a puddle*

:lol:

Me and you both, Mars. :wink: :lol:

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Dude, if I were gay, I'd totally want him. TOTALLY.

Voltron
04-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I can't see it! The X! The damned red X!

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 04:32 PM
I can't see it! The X! The damned red X!

That is the costume. The main villian will be the dreaded black 'o' of doom.

Lord Nightwalker
04-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Guys! Just go to www.batman-on-film.com
They have they pic.
I've been waiting for this movie for quite awhile. Finalyy, the WB are trying to do it right....unlike "CrapWoman", I have high hopes for this film. I can't wait to see how the new Batmobile developes over the course of this series. Alot people seem to forget that the car is in a raw, untweaked form. More or less straight out of wayne tech's storage. lol. It's hard to judge the costume in this picture, due to lighing, but man...He's crouching....Can you recall seeing that in any of the other films? That's like a scene right outta the comics man!

Psycho Raph
04-30-2004, 04:43 PM
I was hoping the costume would be more like Daredevil's (with the realistic-ish leather and stuff).

Oh well, it'll still kick ass.

Brodie
04-30-2004, 05:58 PM
It looks like **** when he's kneeling, they need a standing stance one. Then we can judge, this one just looks like crap, too bulky for year one. Need the Dead End costume.

Dane E5R
04-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Yea, that's just not a very good shot to judge from. Although I am glad to see that the eyes aren't black like in all the artist renderings.

ZariusTwo
04-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Those sneek peaks make it difficult to really make a good impression...we need a definitive image that showcases the coustume completly.

The Stryker
04-30-2004, 09:24 PM
*peeks out from the obscurity pit*

Thank god its not like the Daredevil Costume it makes sense for murdock to have a home-made costume but Bruce Wayne is rich so he can but good material Straight Cash

Wayne:"Im Rich Bi-atch!!"

Plus the Daredevil Costume was crap he looked like a model for Revlon

I like the New Bat-costume but my only gripe is the Ears,looks more like Catman from that Episode of Justice League I forget which.

Bring On the ScareCrow Costume!

Mars-Chan
04-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey, it's Stryker! *tackles* Long time no see, dude! :D

Looks like it's going to be a good film. :D

The Stryker
04-30-2004, 09:32 PM
I Just Really the Franchise continues and We Get Two-face in the sequel and then Joker in 3 and end it as a trilogy

You Need Joker.....a Batman Movie Franchise without Joker is a Sin Against everything that is good and Holy

Mars-Chan
04-30-2004, 09:33 PM
You got a point there, Stryker.

No Joker...no top selling movie. Enough said.

guitardave
04-30-2004, 09:34 PM
um... I doubt that will happen, because they've already had them in batman movies, and putting them in sequels would just be like remaking the older movies and that is a no no...

they should add other characters...

unless they do something completely different with them... that's a different story.

The Stryker
04-30-2004, 09:41 PM
ok what other villians can they have in the Bats movies?

they have to dip into the pool sooner or later

Clayface-Would Cost Too much money and Completely CG characters just don't work.
Man-Bat- Probably alittle too weird for the direction of the new Bat-movies
Hush-Alittle Early for that wouldn't ya think?
Bane-....DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME DAMMIT!!!

damn who else...i can't think of much right now but jeez Joker or Two-face have to make appearances, I mean you think of Batman and you think of Joker.

And I would like Harvey Dent's character to be a little part that you don't really notice and then it gets bigger through the movie and then at the end he gets splashed with the acid.

End with the classic Batman:TAS Two-face Reveal, Girlfriend running up to him and Lightning Flash to reveal his Face, Cut to black, Roll Credits

guitardave
04-30-2004, 09:45 PM
I know, it would be nice to see joker in there... but I would like to see other characters more

what do you mean totally cg characters don't work?

the hulk looked great! some people said he looked too fake, well how exactly do you make a gigantic green man look real? there isn't really anything to compare it too, is there? and besides... he's green, obviously he's going to look strange.

The Stryker
04-30-2004, 09:46 PM
His Skin had the Texture of a Nerf Ball! :lol:

guitardave
04-30-2004, 09:47 PM
meh, it still looked good. and the dogs were totally kick ass

The Stryker
04-30-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah the dogs looked good but still do we really wanna take the Hit(Gollum) or Miss (Jar Jar) of the completely CG Character?

"Gungans No Liken Outsiders, Theysa Bombbad"

guitardave
04-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I see what you mean... but I'm sure it can be done

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 10:27 PM
More pics on the official site:
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/batphoto.html
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage2.jpg

Psycho Raph
04-30-2004, 10:43 PM
*peeks out from the obscurity pit*

Thank god its not like the Daredevil Costume it makes sense for murdock to have a home-made costume but Bruce Wayne is rich so he can but good material Straight Cash

Wayne:"Im Rich Bi-atch!!"

Plus the Daredevil Costume was crap he looked like a model for Revlon

I like the New Bat-costume but my only gripe is the Ears,looks more like Catman from that Episode of Justice League I forget which.

Bring On the ScareCrow Costume!

I take it back. The "Daredevil costume-esque Batman costume" idea sucked. Especially now that I've seen more than artist renderings.

Dane E5R
04-30-2004, 11:59 PM
The newer pics are much better. It's got my seal of approval. :)
Daredevil's movie costume rocked. If the movie was as good as the costume, we'd have been in business.
And on the subject of Clayface.. He could easily be done. Creating a believable "mud looking" creature would be a much simpler task than creating a large green [i]man.[/] Or you could just mix the Golgothan "sh*t" demon with Shang Tsung.

Taloniss
05-01-2004, 06:26 AM
um... I doubt that will happen, because they've already had them in batman movies, and putting them in sequels would just be like remaking the older movies and that is a no no...

they should add other characters...

unless they do something completely different with them... that's a different story.

WB has said that the new movies aren't continuations of the old ones, so they could bring them in with no continuity errors. I'm sure they could think of something to new to do with them, all of Batman's villians have at least a few great stories in them.

The new picture looks sweet. Finally, Batman gets a long cape he can wrap himself in! If you look closely, you can faintly see the utility belt, and it's actually got pouches this time. Good, much more realistic.

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage1.jpg

Flexibility in a bat costume = good.

Dane E5R
05-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Dude, long capes may look cool, but that's about it. I swear Bale will trip over that thing atleast 28 times each time he wears it.

Barkworm
05-01-2004, 07:06 AM
As long as we don't get to see that in the movie, I'm fine with it! :D

Jo Dawn
05-01-2004, 07:15 AM
As long as we don't get to see that in the movie, I'm fine with it! :D

Well... maybe in the outtakes... :wink: :lol:

Taloniss
05-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Dude, long capes may look cool, but that's about it. I swear Bale will trip over that thing atleast 28 times each time he wears it.

Meh, do what they did in Dead End. Have a long cape for the scenes where he's wrapped in it or it's needed for the look, then when he's fighting/running have a shorter cape that won't get in the way.

cqb101
05-01-2004, 07:38 AM
That costume looks a helluva lot better in those newer pictures. Kick ass!

Voltron
05-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Doesn't look bad at all! I'll go see this, me thinks.

Machias Banshee
05-01-2004, 10:32 AM
I'll say this.

While i like the pics of the costume...

This did not impress me...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/images/smbbbatmobilefront.jpghttp://www.batman-on-film.com/images/smbatmobilerear.jpg

what the he11 is this?! it looks like a bloated tank!

Jo Dawn
05-01-2004, 10:33 AM
... Is that the Batmobile? Ugh...

Taloniss
05-01-2004, 11:44 AM
1) Batman didn't design it, it's a prototype from Waynetech he 'borrows' I'm sure we'll get a sleek car at some point in future sequels that he designs
2) I'd rather have a psyeudo tank then a flashy car in a fight (intimidation factor) and it's more realistic to have a tank then a car tricked out with so many gadgets Bond would be jealous. Nolan (director) has said this movie will be grounded in reality as much as possible
3) It reminds me of the tank from 'DKR' so I like it

Too each their own, though. :ohwell:

cqb101
05-01-2004, 11:45 AM
1) Batman didn't design it, it's a prototype from Waynetech he 'borrows' I'm sure we'll get a sleek car at some point in future sequels
2) I'd rather have a psyeudo tank then a flashy car in a fight (intimidation factor)
3) It reminds me of the tank from 'DKR' so I like it

Ditto. I didn't like it at first, but I've grown to like it.

Raven
05-01-2004, 07:05 PM
i dont really care for the suit right now.

Nosferatu
05-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Neither do I. It looks like some store bought costume, to me.

Maybe it'll grow on me.

Raven
05-01-2004, 07:17 PM
thats what im hoping, i hope it starts looking better.

its not bad, but it just dosent scream fear yet.

cqb101
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
thats what im hoping, i hope it starts looking better.

its not bad, but it just dosent scream fear yet.

I think you're forgeting that this is year one...His costume isn't going to be all that spectacular.

PanMan
05-01-2004, 08:23 PM
that batmobile kinda looks like the one in the first movie, but without the wings in the back and unfinished in other places too . . .

Sadako*sCranes
05-01-2004, 10:27 PM
The Batman costume looks pretty good to me! Compared to the old movie costumes this one rocks! :)

The Batmobile....looks flat out stupid! Like a freaking driveable lawn mower (with a bulb rocket)! :x Yeah, I can see Batman cruising around the City Park in that! My eyes will burn out of their sockets when he does! :sweatdro:

Hmm....
Batman's costume is more superior than the ones in the old movies!
The Batmobile makes the ones in the old movies look superior!

The Stryker
05-02-2004, 02:08 AM
The Batmobile looks better then the old movie counterparts in my opinion, it actually looks like it could scare somebody.

It doesn't look like a Plastic Shell with a 9-volt battery under it

Dr. Doom
05-02-2004, 02:19 AM
LoL

cqb101
05-02-2004, 06:59 AM
The Batmobile looks better then the old movie counterparts in my opinion, it actually looks like it could scare somebody.

It doesn't look like a Plastic Shell with a 9-volt battery under it

Exacctly! Tho, I still don't think it;s as good as the one from the first movie.