PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill cut?

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 04:03 AM
I recently heard about the Japanese version of Kill Bill Vol. 1 being two minutes longer than "our" version and I found a link where we can see some pics I definitely haven't seen in the movie.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=230248&messageid=1082305472
I also noticed that the scene with Michael J. White which could be seen in the first teaser was cut.
What's up with that?

cqb101
04-30-2004, 05:21 AM
The part where she rips out the crazy 88's eyeball was in the movie....the only one there that looks new is that Bride cutting off Sofie's other arm. Also, I read somewherew that they're releasing an uncut DVD in the US later this year.

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 06:12 AM
A lot of those pics were in the movie - but in b/w! Apparently the Japanese version is full coloured and has some additional minutes. Anyway, what's the deal with cutting an R-rated movie?

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Poor Sophie.....she was hot too.

Yanno, when she had arms.

ahem...

A lot of movies are cut here to acheive an R rating. Lousy MPAA. Think they know what's best for us.

Most of those shots seemed familiar enough, at least as far as the situations go. I think it's really just a few seconds here and there that add up to 2 minutes, not any one big scene.

Barkworm
04-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh, there's a rating above R, right? Called NC-17 or something like that. So they cut it in order to NOT get such a rating?

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 10:58 AM
yeah, it's bad publicity, and they lose a lot of teenage viewers that way.

It's easy to get into an R movie when yer a kid, but NC-17 is a different story.