PDA

View Full Version : Channel 6

Misfit
05-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Did anyone else love Channel 6 and the crew who worked there (Irma, Vernon, etc)? It was one of my favourite things about the old toon, I like April as a reporter because it puts her right in the thick of everything, there were a bit more better oppertunity for storylines IMHO.

I always loved the staff there, especially Irma and Vernon. Irma had some of the best lines in the show, she was the one I laughed at the most and I can actually relate to her bad luck with love thing somewhat. I think I actually like Irma better than old toon April...she seemed a bit less one dimensional. And hey, is it just me or was there some chemistry between Irma and Don in the old show?

And April, really I worry about that girl. She was so obsessed with work it was unhealthy. Really honey get a man or a hobbie or something. :D

Orochi Chimera
05-01-2004, 02:23 PM
I think the whole channel 6 thing did add some interesting parts to the storyline. April being a reporter and walking around with what would be one of the biggest stories ever, she chose to keep the turtles' secret rather than exposing them. The only thing I didn't like about her being a reporter is that she was nosey(I guess inquisitive would sound better). I guess that is understandable though since it was part of her job.

The Channel 6 crew are a weird bunch of people. Burne, Irma and Vernon did add a bit more comedy to the show.

And hey, is it just me or was there some chemistry between Irma and Don in the old show?

That's what many people think and it does seem that way.

Jephael
05-01-2004, 02:44 PM
After getting into Spider-Man 2 years ago, I could tell that Burne Thompson was definitly a parody of J. Jonah Jameson. Infact, to me the Channel 6 news crew in a whole was more of a cross between The Daily Bugle and The Daily Planet (where Superman worked as Clark Kent).
I liked Irma, but those goofy glasses were kinda unnessesary. I liked Vernon alot more in the first season when he had a normal voice instead of that annoying accent.

Deathknight
05-01-2004, 05:44 PM
I sometimes wonder why they changed Vernon so much from Season 1 to 2. There was no need to really, they just turned Vernon into a total jerk. I liked how he was in season 1. Except his voice was a classic even though I hated his 1991 alternative.

Jo Dawn
05-01-2004, 05:59 PM
And hey, is it just me or was there some chemistry between Irma and Don in the old show?

That's what many people think and it does seem that way.

*covers ears* Noooooooo...!

Heh :wink: :lol:

Seriously, to be honest... I just didn't see it.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-01-2004, 06:57 PM
I loved the news crew. Vernon was a total coward and was always competing with april for stories. I too noticed Vernon's change from SEason 1 to season 2. Vernon in season 1 was calm and nicer and then in season 2 was his true personality. Irma had men issues like finding mr right(As mentioned in SKy Turtles) and In Green with jelousy she was talking to sailers and upset that they were married etc.

I agree with your quote about Burne being like jameson. Burne, like jameson with Spiderman, always considered the turtles more of a menace than a hero: here are examples: Burne said 4 green mainiacs out there in Shredder and splintered and wanted april to expose the turtles as a menace in return of the shredder, blamed the turtles for the affect of gravity in Sky Turtles, was thinking clayton badmouthing the turtles would boost ratings and I heard that he big time blamed the turtles for blowing up channel 6 and other synopsises have said in earlier episodes he blamed the turtles for this and that.

Why did they get rid of the news crew before the series ended?

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Sorry that I posted two of the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did that because it said I cannot post and then I tried again. It was a true accident. Could KRang please delete one of the two I have please. I only want the 2nd posting.

Kali
05-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I'll do it. :D

Meira-Bates
05-02-2004, 05:49 AM
I kinda liked Irma...never sure why.. Everyone else just tended to get on my nerves. Watching season one again though...I actualy feel sorry for April. O.o It also came to my attention that Vernon was, for as little as he was around, a lot more likeable in season one...flat maybe...but more likeable. I suppose he got a promotion? Heh I can't remember it very well. I just know from season one he seems like part of April's crew and in the ep I have from somewhere way later on, he's more like her competition and Irma is helping April out. x.X

Serp
05-02-2004, 02:47 PM
I remember Irma but I don't remember her personality though I do however remember that Vernon was a Jerk.