PDA

View Full Version : Original TMNT Animation film

SRRAE
05-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi people. First time on here, looks good. Always been a Turtles fan since the original came out.

Does any one remember the original movie / pilot for the first cartoon. Its the story from the begining about how they became what they where and how the technodrome got underground and when Krang got bit and started smashing up the city. In the early 90s there where collectors cards (Well in the UK anyway) which basically told the story if you got them all.

Does any one know what I mean? If so where can I "obtain" this from as I have never seen it and it was never shown in the UK and I have never seen it on video or DVD.

Can any one help?

Stuart

spikealike
05-02-2004, 04:51 AM
I have a video called 'How It All Began' which has some of the things you mentioned in it (I also remember the cards too, although I bet I threw mine out when I was little!).

cormano
05-02-2004, 02:30 PM
huh?

TheRATKING
05-02-2004, 04:17 PM
huh?
ditto :-?

Orochi Chimera
05-02-2004, 05:03 PM
I believe "How it all began" is the UK version of (or very similar to) "The Epic Begins". The Epic Begins is the first few episodes edited into a movie.

I would suggest you either wait for the DVD to be released in the UK or import the US version. The episodes are uncut plus it includes 4 episodes from the last season.

SRRAE
05-02-2004, 06:17 PM
So the DVD of the original cartoon have it on?

The UK video as you said, had an edited version of the first 3 episodes shown in the UK. Where Shredder collect 3 crystals. I cant remember the details.

Orochi Chimera
05-02-2004, 06:33 PM
So the DVD of the original cartoon have it on?

Yeah. Here are the episodes on the DVD:

Season 1 (original 5-part miniseries aired December 1987):
"Turtle Tracks" (a.k.a. "Heroes in a Halfshell")
"Enter the Shredder"
"A Thing About Rats"
"Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X"
"Shredder and Splintered"
Season 10:
"The Return of Dregg"
"Beginning of the End"
"The Mobster From Dimension X"
"The Day the Earth Disappeared"