PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Contract Dispute Ends (Great...more crap)

ZariusTwo
05-01-2004, 08:14 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...psons_dispute_2

Looks like FOX decided NOT to be greedy for once in their miserable lives, a pity they don't act like this when it comes to Futurama...a far superior show.

Anyway, there ya go people, the Simpsons are once again going to dominate the screens with more stale, tired, cliqued "comedy" that is topped every week by South Park and even some miserable examples of reality telivision.

malignant
05-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Joinn reality. If Futurama was a Superior show....it'd still be on the air...

thank you, and Good night.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-01-2004, 08:17 PM
I miss Futurama so much...

I miss even more the possible storylines of a relationship between Leela and Fry that we missed...

I mean...look at the last episode...

It was the beginning of something great...

Peanut
05-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Simpsons just really REALLY needs to be finished already. It should have ended a couple seasons ago actually.

Mars-Chan
05-01-2004, 08:36 PM
That's true....even though I won't admit to it... :lol:

ZariusTwo
05-01-2004, 08:45 PM

thank you, and Good night.

All the good shows leave this Earth when there not wanted...some choose to stay and fight on against the overated crap

Thankyou...and shove off.

Peanut
05-01-2004, 08:46 PM
I never watched Futurama when it was on Fox, but I do watch it now that it's on Teletoon here in Canada...and honestly I can say, from what I've seen, whoever decided to cancel that show deserves THE biggest kick in the groin.

cqb101
05-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Simpsons sucks....Futurama, Family Guy, and South park kick ass.

Kid Icarus
05-01-2004, 09:38 PM

thank you, and Good night. Ah, but you forget one thing. IT IS ON THE AIR.

True, there arn't any new episodes, but it DOES air.

ThirdMarioBro
05-01-2004, 10:01 PM
At least animation is still on prime time TV. Simpsons may not be what they were, but it's still better than most of the crap on TV.

Ninjinister
05-01-2004, 10:03 PM
(ignores the blasphemists)

ThirdMarioBro
05-01-2004, 10:07 PM
meh :roll:

Peanut
05-01-2004, 10:48 PM
(ignores the blasphemists)

:-?

R-iZZy
05-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh c'mon people, The Simpsons do not suck! They are just far too inferior when compared to shows, such as Futurama and ESPECIALLY Family Guy. At least new episodes of Family Guy are coming in 2005. That is something we can all be happy for.

Barkworm
05-02-2004, 12:55 AM
I have been watching the first three seasons of "The Simpsons" lately and they just make me sad. Why? BECAUSE THEY WERE SO INCREDIBLY HILARIOUS!!! How could they screw a godlike show like that so much? The new seasons (10+) have about one good laugh in each episode, the rest of them is just dumb. Cancel it, please!

Peanut
05-02-2004, 01:04 AM
I've said it before. Seasons 3 to about 6 or 7 are nothing but pure GENIUS! Then everything fell apart.

Barkworm
05-02-2004, 01:21 AM
I remember season 8 and 9 being quite enjoyable, too. One big mistake they made was to erase the family aspect of the show. The serious moments in the show were really good and important imo.

The Stryker
05-02-2004, 02:03 AM
ok here are some great Shows that were Canned before their time.

FUTURAMA
Clerks the animated Series (God Bless DVD)
The Critic
That show with Adam West as a cop (I forget the name you can probably catch it on Trio)

And I don't care for Family Guy a 22 minute dick and Fart joke isn't my forte

Luckily we still have Chappelle's Show (its on comedy central for you white people j/k)

Dr. Doom
05-02-2004, 02:06 AM
This show has the equivilency of an old, flat can of pop. It usta be really good and carbonated, but you take a drink now and....ughhh....There's still the same taste to it, but you cringe as it sits in your mouth and you try figure out whether or not to even bother swallowing it.

The Stryker
05-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Its A Mix of Fantasy and Crap, I dub it, FantaCrap!

Billy the Kid
05-02-2004, 03:31 AM
And my response to this news is..................................WOO HOO!!! :D

Taloniss
05-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Seasons 1 - 8 = Genius.
Seasons 9 - 10 = Good.
Seasons 11 - 14 = Slightly Below Average but still better then most stuff on TV
Season 15 = Terrible

I've stopped watching now, which makes this the first season I won't be watching since 1991. Sad, really. I'm not going to waste time and energy bitching about how the show has gone down hill, since all shows eventually do, and this one has given me countless hours of entertainment, and still does through repeats and DVD's. Fox won't cancel it, since it's still a huge cashcow for them.

I never liked Futurama. It just didn't appeal to me at all. Too each their own, though.

cqb101
05-02-2004, 07:01 AM

FUTURAMA
The Critic
That show with Adam West as a cop (I forget the name you can probably catch it on Trio)

Luckily we still have Chappelle's Show (its on comedy central for you white people j/k)

Wait, you don't like family guy because it's all dick and fart jokes? Umm, so is Clerks and most of Smith's things. Kinda contradicted yerslef there. :P

Demonfox38
05-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah, the last couple of seasons have been kinda funky--mainly because they've gotten away from what made Simpsons so great: Real-Life Disfunctional Family Issues. The last couple of episodes I've seen have made a desperate attempt to get back to that, but I don't know if it's enough to save the season.

It's a sad day when you can't even laugh at the Treehouse of Terror specials.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-02-2004, 07:57 AM

FUTURAMA
The Critic

Others I enjoyed:

The Oblongs
Mission Hill
Baby Blues
(All were on the WB at one time or another)

ZariusTwo
05-02-2004, 08:09 AM

FUTURAMA
The Critic

Errr...what?

The show is anything BUT that, and last I checked, half of Kevin Smith's movies are great films DISGUISED as "Dick and Fart Jokes"

ZariusTwo
05-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Others I enjoyed:

The Oblongs
Mission Hill
Baby Blues

Oh my god BABY BLUES! WHY THE HELL DID THEY CANCEL THAT?

I have to keep reading the comic strip knowing full well it had one moment as an animated classic..and then snuffed out mercilessly, and unlike Home Movies (ANOTHER show that was brought to a sad end) it will never get re-newed.

MW8979
05-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Family Guy was, is and will be an amazing show. The Simpsons are still watchable, but their time has long passed. The only reason people watch it now is because they're used to it, not because it's just so funny. I think Family Guy really is the next level of cartoon comedy, simply because it doesn't have as much censorship and restrictions on the content - making it much more offensive but also much more hilarious.

The Stryker
05-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Clerks...THE CARTOON wasn't a Dick and Fart Joke it was different then all the movies

Family Guy is a piece of crap in my eyes, Everyone only likes it now because its on CN when it was on FOX it was nothing.

on another unrelated note: I just saw Punisher and it sucked ass.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Everyone only likes it now because its on CN when it was on FOX it was nothing.

No, I'm pretty sure I liked Family Guy when it aired on FOX just as much as when it does now on Cartoon Network.

The Stryker
05-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Whatever, I don't like Family Guy but once again im not gonna go and burn crosses on the yards of the fans

Im just gonna sit in my spinning chair and watch my Futurama DVDs with the commentary ON

*Walks Away as "Baby Elephant Walk" Plays*

Peanut
05-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Others I enjoyed:

The Oblongs
Mission Hill
Baby Blues

MY GOD! I love Mission Hill! They played it for a bit on Teletoon here in Canada, but then took it off again. For some reason they still play the piece of sh*t UnderGrads almost every night though. Not only is it a terrible and unfunny show, but it has something like 13 episodes. Keep in mind the shows has been airing for at least 2 years now on a NIGHTLY BASIS. I'm just sick of it. They should have kept playing Mission Hill. At least it was funny. They did the same thing to Clone High. I loved that show.

Jephael
05-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I think The Simpsons is still a good show, but they need to get some new script writers who can put some life back into the stories. I also think they need to be alittle more consistant with the characters.
I remember awhile back when they had an episode where Marge got mugged and it scarred her so much she wouldn't leave the house, until later when she took up body building. The only problem with it was it contradicted the episode where she became a police officer, which you think would've left her able to defend hersel in the first place.

ThirdMarioBro
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
This show has the equivilency of an old, flat can of pop. It usta be really good and carbonated, but you take a drink now and....ughhh....There's still the same taste to it, but you cringe as it sits in your mouth and you try figure out whether or not to even bother swallowing it.

I'd rather drink flat pop than watch anything on NBC or ABC.

ZariusTwo
05-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Family Guy is a piece of crap in my eyes, Everyone only likes it now because its on CN when it was on FOX it was nothing.

Everyone likes it because it's a quality show

Got any real reasons?

Whatever...to each his own, just don't spread B.S facts

Hannah
05-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Meh.

Psycho Raph
05-02-2004, 05:40 PM
I haven't watched the Simpsons in while due to all my time watching TV goes into watching TMNT or Adult Swim (TV just isn't a big part of my life anymore).

As for Family Guy, Futurama, Baby Blues, Clerks (animated), and Baby Blues... they're all great shows in my eyes.