PDA

View Full Version : Your Deepest Fears.....

ThirdMarioBro
05-02-2004, 11:01 PM
In this topic, list your deepest fears, the things that could happen in the future that terrify you the most. Here's the things that put the most fear into me in no particular order....

1. Nintendo goes out of Buisness

2. Sega goes out of Buisness (pending, unless they get off their asses)

3. A future World War pits America and Japan against each other, thus forcing me to choose between my home country and my favorite country (i'll take Japan)

4. That the US Government finds a way to regularate the internet and spies on Message Boards to scare people into legally buying crappy American music from Sony and their Pop stars in a can.

5. Commusoft (my name for Microsoft) bugs everyone's computers so he can arrest anyone for doing anything illegal

6. The RIAA kills P2P music sharing and we all have to give the music industry more money so they can tell us what is cool and what is not, thus blocking my supply of Jpop and Video Game Music

7. America sucks a little more than it does already

05-02-2004, 11:06 PM
If I had to choose sides between America and Japan, I would choose America. That may sound surprising, but I can't abandon the country where I was born and raised. Sure, it has its faults, but so does Japan. America has given me so much, including many chances to prove myself after failing so many times.

ThirdMarioBro
05-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Don't know what I'd do really, I'd probobly wind up choosing America too, and being one sad person. The thing is, if I got drafted into the war, and was forced to fight Japan, then I'd really go insane. Hopefully no one will ever have to choose. I've just kinda been pissed off at the US lately. As for Sega....looks like that might happen.

05-02-2004, 11:16 PM
That's not technically America's fault...Japan has been f*cking up games for the past 2 years, and I can't stand it anymore. I want a good damn game to come out, and they can't even give me one. Sigh...assholes.

EDIT: And I'd go insane if I had to shoot anyone. Japanese people are just the same as American people, African people, Russian people, etc. Japanese people are just as corrupted and greedy as the rest. They're no different.

Nosferatu
05-02-2004, 11:22 PM
In this topic, list your deepest fears, the things that could happen in the future that terrify you the most.

The only thing I'm worried about is if I fail to find some kind of positive direction in my life and I fall deeper into depression than I already have. That's the only thing I really fear that could actually happen.

ThirdMarioBro
05-02-2004, 11:29 PM
That's not technically America's fault...Japan has been f*cking up games for the past 2 years, and I can't stand it anymore. I want a good damn game to come out, and they can't even give me one. Sigh...assholes.

EDIT: And I'd go insane if I had to shoot anyone. Japanese people are just the same as American people, African people, Russian people, etc. Japanese people are just as corrupted and greedy as the rest. They're no different.

True, I just couldn't stand it either. Wars suck, and so do the people who start them. God I hope that it never happens. Racism sucks.
And just about every country has been f**king up games lately. Maybe Mario 128 can bring hope since Miyamoto is developing it himself.
Still, I couldn't kill anyone in a war, so I guess that's my deepest fear.

Peanut
05-02-2004, 11:53 PM
*sigh* Miyamoto. :tlove:

05-02-2004, 11:54 PM
I KIDNAPPED SHIGERU MIYAMOTO AND STOLE A POLICE CAR!!!

Peanut
05-02-2004, 11:55 PM
HAHAHA! That was a good strip! My biggest fear is the day ol' Shiggy takes a dirt nap. :(

ThirdMarioBro
05-02-2004, 11:58 PM
BRING HIM TO MY HOUSE!!!!

The day he takes a dirt nap is the day gaming blows out Sony's ass. Miyamoto is Nintendo. Without him, they'd be SNK, and look at them.

Peanut
05-03-2004, 12:05 AM
I know. :( It makes me sad to even think about it. The day Shiggy is gone is the day I stop buying videogames.

05-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Oh my, I didn't even mention my greatest fear.

I fear that my laziness will ultimately lead to me failing out of college, and then having to get a full-time job. I never want that.

Peanut
05-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Who needs school and work anyways?

ThirdMarioBro
05-03-2004, 01:02 AM
I know. :( It makes me sad to even think about it. The day Shiggy is gone is the day I stop buying videogames.

Ditto, because he's the reason I starting buying them in the first place.

Peanut
05-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Aren't Nintendo fan-boys wonderful? :D

The Lone Turtle
05-03-2004, 01:27 AM
My ultimate fear... That I will get cancer. I'm seriously paranoid about that. I mean almost everything nowadays can give you cancer :cry:

My other fears: THat fire will burn down my house, and all my collectables including TMNT and TF's. I mean, in my bedroom alone, I have over about $4,000 worth of collectables

damnhooligan
05-03-2004, 03:57 AM
My deepest fears consist mainly of:

1) My husband will die before I do. Living past that point would be a monumental task in and of itself.

2) Going through another cancer scare. (Which honestly, is pretty inevitable.)

3) America becomes a theocracy run by Christian fundamentalists.

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 05:09 AM
I wake up one day and find myself in Canada.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-03-2004, 05:39 AM
1) Earth gets hit by meteor the size of the US.

2) In a press release, Nintendo anounces: "From now on, all of our games will now be modeled after Grand Theft Auto. That's all people really buy from now on anyway. Now, let us show you footage from our new games, Metroid Theft Auto, Mario Theft Auto, and The Legend of Theft Auto."

Voltron
05-03-2004, 06:04 AM
My deepest fear is another Sailor Moon thread.

Other than that, I fear everything.

Anarchistguy
05-03-2004, 06:12 AM

NEVER let that happen to you , kids!!!

Anyway, I'm pretty damn paranoid, but my BIGGEST fear is getting married and having kids. GOOD LORD!!! That is the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE!!!

Voltron
05-03-2004, 06:16 AM

NEVER let that happen to you , kids!!!

Anyway, I'm pretty damn paranoid, but my BIGGEST fear is getting married and having kids. GOOD LORD!!! That is the ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE!!!

I know! What if they're better at videogames than you are? How humiliating!

raphael_is_cool
05-03-2004, 06:27 AM
Haha I could imagine the fear of getting married and having kids. One minute you're sat playing videogames and next thing you know you've got a house, a wife and three kids all yelling at you (yes the house is yelling too) to stop playing videogames and do something else...the horror!

Voltron
05-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Luckily we have adoption.

Taloniss
05-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Comic's suddenly stop being published.
Video games become illegal due to 'negative effects on children'
Voltron becomes leader of the world.
I turn into my father :|

Kali
05-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I think my biggest fear is that I'll give into that whole marriage thing, and heaven help me if I have any kids!

Oh, and getting cancer. Wait, already did that.

And last but not least, Bush getting re-elected.

Dane E5R
05-03-2004, 09:25 AM
I really don't want to live to see any of my family or friends die. That's probably my worst fear. INCLUDING MY CAT, dammit. :|

Also, I fear that I may never truly love again.

And I fear that I may become a bad person in the future. A very bad person. Feels like I'm well on the way, atleast. I've been holding a few grudges for nearly a year so far, and they show no signs of going away. If anything, I've become more bitter with time. Forgiveness is so over-rated; I see it as only giving whatever or whoever hurt you before an invitation to do it again. And that "time heals all wounds" phrase is sheer BS.

I'm also moving this summer, across the country away from my close friends and my family, to NY. Kinda worried that I won't be able to find a job there, and end up on the streets or somethin'.

And America is no where NEAR as bad as you Japan enthuseists make it out to be. I used to be the same way, but now it kinda irritates me.

And I also hate spiders. (Thanks Doom.)

Taloniss
05-03-2004, 10:06 AM
I used to fear my family would pass before me, but as I got older, I realized that it's inevitable, so I don't sweat that anymore. Now I just spend some quality time with them, and make sure they know I care.

One I forgot is becoming a Dad. Not so much because I would be a bad Father, but because I can't stand children, and I fear they'd drive me insane :goofygri:

Dr. Doom
05-03-2004, 10:42 AM
http://www.piercegleeson.com/photos/spider.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

-=Spider-man swings in and squashes it=-

..........How ironic.

Ahem.

I'm a very materialistic person, I'll admit, so losing some of my possessions terrifies me also (well, it did up until the point when I got a job). And I guess I've always been afraid of nobody liking me, or just being alone in general. But since nobody likes me or wants to come anywhere near me anyways, I've gotten used to it.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 11:01 AM
One I forgot is becoming a Dad. Not so much because I would be a bad Father, but because I can't stand children, and I fear they'd drive me insane :goofygri:
So many people say this nowadays, yet I don't understand it. Kids drive me insane from time to time but I love them (better get it right :evil: ) nevertheless.

Dane E5R
05-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Doom, I am gonna kick your ASS for posting that picture. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :thumbsdo: :thumbsdo: :thumbsdo: :evil: :evil: :evil: :tmad: :tmad: :tmad: :x :x :x :x

Anarky
05-03-2004, 11:13 AM
haha, a spider. god i'd be happy if i could see my fears.

- heat above 100°C
- beating somebody to death
- having no friends and people i love

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 11:18 AM

- heat above 100°C

What if you woke up and all of Europe was controlled by Nazis?

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Then me and Anarky would meet in a KZ, I guess. :cry:

Anarky
05-03-2004, 11:39 AM
then I'd fight. I wouldn't be afraid. I'd fight, till I die...

Looks like I have to fight next saturday anyways... this time it's the gangstaz. *sigh*

There's a song that says:

...doch gewalt heisst nicht nur austeilen das darf man nicht übersehen. oft zieht man den kürzeren und muss es überstehen. doch wenn ichs mir überlege lieg ich lieber im krankenhaus, denn ein leben voller unterdrückung und zweifeln halte ich betsimmt nicht aus. ...

Lyrics by Fahnenflucht (http://www.fahnenflucht.com)

Translation

...but violence doesn't only mean dealing out, you mustn't forget that, often you're the one who loses, and you have to get over it. But when I think about it, I'd rather lie in hospital, because I know I couldn't stand a life full of oppression and doubts...

It's kind of a bad translation, I know. but it really reflects my feelings.

damnhooligan
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
What if you woke up and all of Europe was controlled by Nazis?

I would be SO f*cked.

Anarchistguy
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM

- heat above 100°C

Why would you scared of beating someone to death? To me that would be a dream come true (I'm NOT joking). Is it because you have trouble controlling yourself?

then I'd fight. I wouldn't be afraid. I'd fight, till I die...
You too, huh? But hey, like you said : "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

Translation

...but violence doesn't only mean dealing out, you mustn't forget that, often you're the one who loses, and you have to get over it. But when I think about it, I'd rather lie in hospital, because I know I couldn't stand a life full of oppression and doubts...

It's kind of a bad translation, I know. but it really reflects my feelings.

Yeah, at least it's better to fight for your beliefs than p*ssying out.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
...doch gewalt heisst nicht nur austeilen das darf man nicht übersehen. oft zieht man den kürzeren und muss es überstehen. doch wenn ichs mir überlege lieg ich lieber im krankenhaus, denn ein leben voller unterdrückung und zweifeln halte ich betsimmt nicht aus. ...
As an admirer of such persons as Mandela, Gandhi or Martin Luther King, I can honestly say that I don't really share these beliefs.

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Then me and Anarky would meet in a KZ, I guess. :cry:

Yeah, and I guess I would have to come and liberate your asses... Nah.

Anarky
05-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I've got serious aggression-problems. make me angry once and then I'll lose control. After like half an hour i "wake up" with bloody fists. I don't know/can't control what i'm doing during this time. I once beat a guy to a coma for almost a week. it took three police officers to stop me from killing that guy. I was 16 then... Now I'm 19 and waay stronger.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 12:16 PM
That sounds like you have a serious problem. It's interesting that you seem so harmless online.

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Dude, he's drunk all the time.

Anarky
05-03-2004, 12:28 PM
being aggressive doesn't keep me from being polite.

and yes, that's one of the reasons i drink that much on weekends. it keeps me down.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Ever thought of seeing a psychiatrist?

impetus
05-03-2004, 12:34 PM
edited for the moment - strange things are afoot

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Anarky thinks the Nazis control Switzerland's psychiatrists.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 12:35 PM
:lol: Don't make him mad!
No, I was serious actually.

Anarky
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
i already was visiting one of them. she helped me a lot. But i still feel that rage.

I was way worse... believe me. and she said, that the only thing that goes beyond what she did would be "happy-pills"

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Doesn't sound too good...

Anarky
05-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Oh i can handle a lot these days. the only problem is when you hit me in the face (either you hit my blind side or the one with the seeing eye) or in the balls. OR: i get totally pissed when you hurt my friends...

all the rest is OK

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Isn't that what anyone would do? If someone hit me in the face I wouldn't just stand there.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but sometimes it sounds like you're searching for the fights.

Anarky
05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
well i not only hit back, I start trashing them. like really bad. broken noses, arms, rips... it's not that funny as you'd guess.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't guess that's funny at all... :|

Anarky
05-03-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm not the one who's getting beaten up beyond all recognition, I'm just the one that gets sued...

and i must add. ever since i met shara (my flatmate female) It's gotten waaay better. she makes me feel calm and often stands between me and my "victims". I never told her about my anger issues, but i think she knows. and she knows I'd never go through her. I'd NEVER hurt her.

Barkworm
05-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Ever thought about quitting fighting (as in violent fighting)?

Peanut
05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
I really don't want to live to see any of my family or friends die. That's probably my worst fear. INCLUDING MY CAT, dammit. :|

I'm with you there. Unfortunatley my cat just died about 2 days ago. :(

Anarky
05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
I did, but I just can't help it.

I never start a fight. I used to, but not anymore. but when a fight comes up and either me or my friends are attacked i go berserk.

raphael_is_cool
05-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm with you there. Unfortunatley my cat just died about 2 days ago. :(

Aww that's sad. I have 5 cats at home. They're all awesome, we used to have a cat that could play fetch and do backflips, he was especially awesome. I know how bad it is to lose cats

Anarchistguy
05-03-2004, 01:52 PM
I did, but I just can't help it.

I never start a fight. I used to, but not anymore. but when a fight comes up and either me or my friends are attacked i go berserk.

Where's the place where you freak out more?

Anarky
05-03-2004, 01:57 PM
I don't know, I lose control. So no idea. the others say i am going in harder if they are in danger, but hey, they all get knocked out. so it doesn't really makes that much iof a difference...

Brodie
05-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Frogs.....creepy bastards....

Anarchistguy
05-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Another thing that makes me paranoid is WATCHES. Ever since I watched the first Naked Gun movie, I never wore a watch again.

Dane E5R
05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Another thing that makes me paranoid is WATCHES. Ever since I watched the first Naked Gun movie, I never wore a watch again.

That's gotta be the silliest fear I've ever seen. Well, that and that phobia for string.

Brodie
05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Tiny lynches.

damnhooligan
05-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm frightened of fish. No rhyme or reason.

Mars-Chan
05-03-2004, 09:38 PM
I have two fears:

1) Ophidiphobia *shudders*

2)...........dying alone

There. I said it. *strolls over to the nearest window and (I do this all the time...freaky... :o) stares out of it solemnly*

Grave
05-04-2004, 09:36 AM
1. Loosing my b/f.

2. SPIDERS!! >.<

3. End of the World (It WILL happen, don't deny it.)

4. Laying in a dark room after watching ghost movies/shows.

5. My father...

6. People in general.

7. The thing that won't die! (Stryker knows what im talking about.)

Eh, I can't really think of anything. x.x

damnhooligan
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
7. The thing that won't die! (Stryker knows what im talking about.)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006SFIT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg?

impetus
05-04-2004, 02:03 PM
lol, and no surprise who posted it.

awful movie too :lol:

ThirdMarioBro
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I have two fears:

2)...........dying alone

There. I said it. *strolls over to the nearest window and (I do this all the time...freaky... :o) stares out of it solemnly*

As long as you've got us, you're never alone. *gives Mars a mango* :)

psychiatrist's are evil. They hear your problems, laugh at you inside, then charge you $500.00. They suck.

Comic's suddenly stop being published.
Video games become illegal due to 'negative effects on children'
Voltron becomes leader of the world.
I turn into my father :|

Ditto, ditto, ditto,and..........ditto (you don't want to know)
1) Earth gets hit by meteor the size of the US.

2) In a press release, Nintendo anounces: "From now on, all of our games will now be modeled after Grand Theft Auto. That's all people really buy from now on anyway. Now, let us show you footage from our new games, Metroid Theft Auto, Mario Theft Auto, and The Legend of Theft Auto."

That's suiscide material right there dude. Not really, but it would be the end of Nintendo as fans know it, and the gaming industry would go stright to hell.

My deepest fear is another Sailor Moon thread.

Be quiet before I Moon Boomerang your ass. :lol:

Mars-Chan
05-04-2004, 10:10 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mars:
I have two fears:

2)...........dying alone

There. I said it. *strolls over to the nearest window and (I do this all the time...freaky... ) stares out of it solemnly*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ThirdMarioBro:

As long as you've got us, you're never alone. *gives Mars a mango* :)

*takes mango and sniffs* Thanks, TMB. :D
Actually...there is a reason....*swollows*...WHY I posted that. *swollows again* Sheesh, this is hard...opening wounds that have finally healed... :(

Jo Dawn
05-04-2004, 10:20 PM
*takes mango and sniffs* Thanks, TMB. :D
Actually...there is a reason....*swollows*...WHY I posted that. *swollows again* Sheesh, this is hard...opening wounds that have finally healed... :(

Aww... *hugs Mars*

Y'know, if ya ever need to talk, I'm only a PM or IM away! :)

ThirdMarioBro
05-04-2004, 10:37 PM
ditto. :)

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 11:18 PM

psychiatrist's are evil. They hear your problems, laugh at you inside, then charge you $500.00. They suck.
Well, maybe that's true for the US bt I know a couple of people who saw a psychiatrist for a while and they all said they helped them a lot (anarky said it, too). Besides, our insurances pay for them so the money is no problem.

ThirdMarioBro
05-04-2004, 11:52 PM
That is when the insurances pay. We have to fight them over everything. Eh, if ya don't have to pay, then that knocks shrinks up the latter a few points.

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 11:56 PM
You usually don't pay for such stuff here. The American insurance system seems to be as bad as its name.

05-04-2004, 11:57 PM
You usually don't pay for such stuff here. The American insurance system seems to be as bad as its name.

It's sad, but so damn true.

The Defibrillator
05-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I am deathly afraid of stupid people.

That Matt Guy
05-05-2004, 03:02 AM

Then you must be afraid of mirrors too.

bufo
05-05-2004, 04:18 AM
my greatest fear is that the people I care about ignore me completely, I dreamt of this a couple of days ago and I was totally upset for an entire day...it was horrible

Naruto
05-05-2004, 07:22 AM
My greatest fear is not succeding in the future and finding out that im worthless peice of nothing and not finishing my goals

That Matt Guy
05-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Welcome to reality, Naruto.

Naruto
05-05-2004, 08:49 AM
In reality you can do those things if you try i mean after trying so hard. Im sure ill do more then half the things i want to do. As in be able to play my guitar, get the girl i like, and be able to work on computers succesfully like i want to.

GK Punk
05-05-2004, 08:50 AM

Hell, welcome to my Current Reality.

05-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I have a feeling that my laziness will overcome me and I will fail...sigh.

Barkworm
05-05-2004, 09:54 AM

Hell, welcome to my Current Reality.
Hey, at least online everyone loves you.

That Matt Guy
05-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Actually my biggest fear is having Comcast or some third party come over and comb through all of the files on my computer.

GK Punk
05-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Actually my biggest fear is having Comcast or some third party come over and comb through all of the files on my computer.

Or another letter from them?

05-05-2004, 09:58 AM
I hate Comcast so much. It's been screwing me up lately. I hate this "disconnect for a minute, then come back on" trend that's been transpiring for the past week.

That Matt Guy
05-05-2004, 09:59 AM
They called me on the phone not 40 minutes ago. I honestly almost passed out because I was so f***ing scared at what they wanted. I called them back and it had something to do with the cable TV, not the internet. I'm still shell shocked from seeing Comcast on the caller ID though.

I don't know what it is, things like that scare the s*** out of me. I guess it's the "not knowing" of who is watching my online activities.

GK Punk
05-05-2004, 10:06 AM
They called me on the phone not 40 minutes ago. I honestly almost passed out because I was so f***ing scared at what they wanted. I called them back and it had something to do with the cable TV, not the internet. I'm still shell shocked from seeing Comcast on the caller ID though.

I don't know what it is, things like that scare the s*** out of me. I guess it's the "not knowing" of who is watching my online activities.

Understandable after that letter you got. I mean damn. That's pretty hardcore.

Here's my biggest fear: this being our future http://greystork.com/rawcontent.php?title=Useless+Post+of+The+Month%3A+ Cyberpunkifier&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetechnodrome .com%2Fforums

05-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Comcast doesn't have access to what you download, though I'm sure they monitor the websites you visit and whatnot. That's kind of scary, though.

That Matt Guy
05-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Well they sure as hell had knowledge of what I downloaded. I got into this huge debacle with them a few months back after they sent me a letter stating all of this software I had downloaded infringed a bunch of laws and copyright acts.

05-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh really? ****...

The Comcast that provides me doesn't even care about what we download. I have things that could put my ass in jail for many MANY years and no one's said a word.

GK Punk
05-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Oh really? sh**...

The Comcast that provides me doesn't even care about what we download. I have things that could put my ass in jail for many MANY years and no one's said a word.

I'm not even asking.

Not even. :P

The Defibrillator
05-05-2004, 10:22 AM

Then you must be afraid of mirrors too.

Hyuck hyuck hyuck.

The Stryker
05-05-2004, 10:24 AM
1.Losing My G/f

2.Rats......EEAGH!!!

3.having My MST3K DVDs Destroyed

4.Zombie Invasion and eventual Takeover

5.The Monster that lives in my closet

6.My G/f's Grandmother

Barkworm
05-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Here's my biggest fear: this being our future http://greystork.com/rawcontent.php?title=Useless+Post+of+The+Month%3A+ Cyberpunkifier&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetechnodrome .com%2Fforums
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThirdMarioBro
05-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Add another fear to the list.

The people of the drome getting into a pointless war and hating each other.

The Defibrillator
05-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Luckily, we are all awesome, so that can't possibly happen.

ThirdMarioBro
05-05-2004, 07:07 PM
True....true

Mars-Chan
05-05-2004, 09:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mars:

*takes mango and sniffs* Thanks, TMB.
Actually...there is a reason....*swollows*...WHY I posted that. *swollows again* Sheesh, this is hard...opening wounds that have finally healed...

Originally posted by Jo Dawn:

Aww... *hugs Mars*

Y'know, if ya ever need to talk, I'm only a PM or IM away! :)

You all don't know how much this is doing for me. I've delt with heartache too many times before and I've bottled them up for so long...*sighs*...Fate can be utterly cruel at times....*sighs again*

ThirdMarioBro
05-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Life is a horrible thing sometimes. We all feel for you Mars. :)

Mars-Chan
05-09-2004, 09:29 PM
It's a victory for all of us...so I suppose that we are all in the same boat together.

*strikes a pose, Anime-like, and gives a chibi victory sign* :P :anime:

ThirdMarioBro
05-09-2004, 09:36 PM
*strikes a Sailormoon pose*

Mars-Chan
05-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Does anyone not know what Ophidiphobia is?! :o

ThirdMarioBro
05-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Does anyone not know what Ophidiphobia is?! :o

Fear of Snakes.

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 12:38 PM
A future World War pits America and Japan against each other, thus forcing me to choose between my home country and my favorite country (i'll take Japan)

Last time I checked, Japan's "military" was a joke. I think you have little to fear.

05-11-2004, 12:39 PM
More like a police and a task force for keeping riots under control. That's about it. Completely nothing to fear.

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 12:39 PM
It's called a defensive military.

05-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Right, sorry, a defensive military.

Voltron
05-11-2004, 12:58 PM
A future World War pits America and Japan against each other, thus forcing me to choose between my home country and my favorite country (i'll take Japan)

Last time I checked, Japan's "military" was a joke. I think you have little to fear.

Well it would be stronger, but Godzilla keeps ruining all their stuff.

Peanut
05-11-2004, 12:59 PM
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

05-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah, what a bastard! But he always looks damn cool when he's about to flip the hell out.

Peanut
05-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I've always wondered...are Japan's buildings really made of some kind of cheap card material?

Barkworm
05-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Only the walls inside.

05-11-2004, 01:06 PM
I should ask a fellow native that very question...

Storm Wolf
05-11-2004, 01:07 PM
hehehe.... :lol:

Peanut
05-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I should ask a fellow native that very question...

This is why I hate you.

05-11-2004, 01:09 PM
:lol: :lol:

Peanut
05-11-2004, 01:12 PM
And you think it's funny. Geez.

Voltron
05-11-2004, 03:06 PM
My fear? Otakus. They're annoying as hell, and think they're exotic and deep for obsessing over Japan. What's worse is that 9 out of 9 of them are usually ignorant to the fact that Japan had existed BEFORE the 1950's, and they assume all Japanese people act like Astro Boy.

Imagine an army of them marching onto US soil...we'll all suffer the sheer ignorance and shallow minded wrath of the Japanimaniacs. Be prepared.

Hannah
05-11-2004, 03:25 PM
1. That I will be murdered. (Murders are the worst way of dying X_x)
2. The world will run out of it's petrolleum supply
3. That humans will eventually blow up the earth
4. That I will not be able to stop myself from stalking and murdering Ai. :D oh wait... that's good... nevermind.....

1, 2, and 3 are very possible, though.

damnhooligan
05-11-2004, 03:38 PM
My fear? Otakus. They're annoying as hell, and think they're exotic and deep for obsessing over Japan. What's worse is that 9 out of 9 of them are usually ignorant to the fact that Japan had existed BEFORE the 1950's, and they assume all Japanese people act like Astro Boy.

Imagine an army of them marching onto US soil...we'll all suffer the sheer ignorance and shallow minded wrath of the Japanimaniacs. Be prepared.
I concur wholehearted, old chap!

05-11-2004, 03:53 PM

I'd rather not think about it.

raphael_is_cool
05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Thing is you compare the Japan today to it's glorious past it seems bit stupid. They have a great history and now all they seem to be remembered for is manga/anime, cars, electronic stuff and j-pop/rock

Not that I'm some expert

05-11-2004, 04:20 PM
I have a book on Japan's history all the way back to the primitive era, but I haven't finished it yet...

Barkworm
05-11-2004, 11:36 PM
You mean... they're not??? :o
That can't be true, you're a damn liar!!!!!!!! :flaming:

ThirdMarioBro
05-12-2004, 01:36 AM

Well, were deeper than you are my friend, and for the record, Astro Boy is the most worthless crap to ever come out of Japan, so why would people think all Japan is like that?

That I will not be able to stop myself from stalking and murdering Ai. :D oh wait... that's good... nevermind.....

Do and I will hunt down you and your family. :evilgrin:

Thing is you compare the Japan today to it's glorious past it seems bit stupid. They have a great history and now all they seem to be remembered for is manga/anime, cars, electronic stuff and j-pop/rock

And that's a bad thing how?

raphael_is_cool
05-12-2004, 03:50 AM
And that's a bad thing how?

Because there's much more to a country than consumer goods...

That Matt Guy
05-12-2004, 04:48 AM
We already have an army of Otakus on US soil. Their only weapon is harassing you in their blogs.

Meira-Bates
05-12-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm starting to fear that I am cursed so that anything I want to be made is doomed not to be so. x.X

3. A future World War pits America and Japan against each other, thus forcing me to choose between my home country and my favorite country (i'll take Japan)

Eeep O.o yeah...people here would hate my guts though...cause I'd go with Japan. I might not have been born there but I WAS raised there. I liked living there a lot more than being here in America. Most of why I seem so much...well I don't know how to word it, but I will say that in Japan? People really ARE a lot more respectful to each other.

The years I lived in Japan I only knew of one person....ONE that went out of her way to bully and insult other school kids. Here? As soon as I walk in and it didn't change even years afterwards...kids were making UP stuff to pick at me about.

The crime rate in Okinawa is WAY lower than anywhere around here. Hell my dad almost got arrested one night cause someone THOUGHT he had a gun, but he didn't. He's just went into a dunkan doughnuts, didn't even get to the cash register before the police responded. Considering the time it happened...that's pretty damn fast reaction by the cops. Though, we could always make doughnut gags.

On the topic of Otakus? I may seem like one...but trust me...the majority of Otakus piss me off. Mind you, some I've met are ok...but most of them? Most pretentious, ignorant, annoying folks I've met.

Anarchistguy
05-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Okay...what the HELL is an otaku?

05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
It's loosely used as a person that likes Japan, but it's actually to describe a person that likes Japanese animation.

Anarchistguy
05-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Oh...so what you're trying to say is that an otaku is a shallow-minded person who only loves Japan for anime? There's a HELL of a lot more to Japan than anime.

05-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Oh...so what you're trying to say is that an otaku is a shallow-minded person who only knows Japan for anime? There's a HELL of a lot more to Japan than anime.

Well, of course there is. There's plenty of history that I'm sure otakus don't even know about, nor care to know. Then we have the modern world, which I know much about. I only know a bit of history, but I'll learn eventually.

Voltron
05-12-2004, 03:15 PM
This is sooooo stupid. I know my Japanese history and you are like, toooootally wrong, idiot! Everyone knows that Himura Kenshin like, totally was a Samurai. You gave me an "F" on my report because you're just afraid to admit that you know nothing of the beautiful, perfect flower that is Japan. I mean, America doesn't even have cartoons, they like, have bloodless, boobless cartoons like G.I. Joe. Oh my god, like, I don't even want to, like, look, like, at you, like, now, like, ok? You call yourself a teacher? More like a Domo Arigato! That's some word in Japanese that I'm sure would be offensive if I, like, knew what they ment. Now if you'll, like, excuse me, I gotta like, have a totally intellectual debate over who would win in like, a battle or something. Poke'mon or Digimon. My friend Roger-san is all like retarded and thinks Sailor Moon should be included but like, oh my god, he's like, stupid. Oh, crap! I'm like, late, to like, my appointment! Roger-san and I are like, shaving each others bellies while like, watching reruns of Yu-Gi-Oh.

And so, with Otakus allowed to breed, the world comes literally to a retarded end.

05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
That was beautiful, Voltron! :cry: It made me cry. Perfect interpretation of an otaku jackass.

JameO
05-12-2004, 03:47 PM
My fear: Coming into contact with some of the members on this board....

Hannah
05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
My fear: Coming into contact with some of the members on this board....
...... :evilgrin:

Voltron
05-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I don't think he's going to elementary school to meet you, Kenai.

Hannah
05-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I don't think he's going to elementary school to meet you, Kenai.
Dammit! I'm not in elementary school! I'm in Junior High! >:0!

Anarchistguy
05-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Same sh*t.

Voltron
05-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Oh, right, 6th grade. He's not going to middle school, Kenai.

Hannah
05-12-2004, 04:38 PM
:roll: I was implying me finding him.

Voltron
05-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Kenai, I would love to do a reality show where I mail you to a middle eastern country, then have a camera crew follow you around as you try to make it home for a whopping grand prize of a 1...million...dollars...

in pogs!

Taloniss
05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Kenai, I would love to do a reality show where I mail you to a middle eastern country

This sounds strangely Garfield-esque.

Voltron
05-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't be sending her to Abudabi...it would be some place really neato!

The Defibrillator
05-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Kenai, I would love to do a reality show where I mail you to a middle eastern country

Dude, how did you get so many posts?

I had no idea you were beating me.

Taloniss
05-13-2004, 08:54 AM

Dude, how did you get so many posts?

Skill. Pure skill.

Meira-Bates
05-13-2004, 09:07 AM
That was beautiful, Voltron! :cry: It made me cry. Perfect interpretation of an otaku jackass.

Amen! lol I still can't belive they argue with me using that kinda crap. I wonder if other countries suffer something like Otaku (only for America instad of Japan) that watch stuff like TMNT, Swat Kats, Mario, or Garfield and base alll thier knowledge of America around that. Somehow I doubt it -.-

Anarchistguy
05-13-2004, 09:44 AM
I'd beat them to a pulp and then laugh at their sorry asses. Ignorant brain-dead bastards... :sweatdro:

Voltron
05-13-2004, 01:44 PM
I'd beat them to a pulp and then laugh at their sorry asses. Ignorant brain-dead bastards... :sweatdro:

I dunno...
My Moon Power Septor will defeat you're puny American fists! Bwaha! Now, if you'll excuse me; I need to go undo this wedgy...I'm so pissed I could turn, like, super saiya-jin.

...he's got you there...

Anarchistguy
05-13-2004, 11:01 PM
I just came back from a forum full of otakus(Unrivaled DragonBall source). Voltron was right: These guys are annoying as HELL!!! They're so full of crap. You post your opinion and you get your head chopped right off. What a load of bastards these guys are...

ThirdMarioBro
05-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Here's a deep fear. I had a dream where a mugger hits me in the head with a bat and I wake up in a hostipal. My memory is gone, and I know nothing of my life. i start afreash and become obsessed with Ford Trucks, big Texas weener grills, and Sports Illistrated. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :dead:

Voltron
05-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I just came back from a forum full of otakus(Unrivaled DragonBall source). Voltron was right: These guys are annoying as HELL!!! They're so full of crap. You post your opinion and you get your head chopped right off. What a load of bastards these guys are...

I rest my case.

05-14-2004, 10:13 AM
I hate otakus...and I know I used to be one. I got out of that, though.

Raven
05-14-2004, 03:57 PM
being a otaku is like being in a cult

That Matt Guy
05-14-2004, 03:58 PM
being a otaku is like being in a cult

All that cult needs is a vat filled with cyanide laced Kool-Aid.

ThirdMarioBro
05-15-2004, 09:48 AM
yum :P