PDA

View Full Version : the crappiest movie ever CATWOMAN!

Raven
05-03-2004, 04:38 PM
god this looks like pure crap, what do you think.

Brodie
05-03-2004, 04:43 PM
I concure.

damnhooligan
05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
*Parliamental grumble/grunt of agreement*

Hmm, yes.

Jo Dawn
05-03-2004, 05:02 PM
... Yeah, I have to agree. And that's too bad. Catwoman was cool in other mediums.

ZariusTwo
05-03-2004, 05:11 PM
It should be better than "The Death of Batman"

Seriously, if none of you have heard about that fan film, I suggest none of you watch it, not only is it drop dead disgusting...it's completly out of character.

Taloniss
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I agree, Catwoman does look bad. They changed pretty much everything about the character.

The Lone Turtle
05-03-2004, 05:34 PM
I agree too. This movie is going to flop I reckon.

Brodie
05-03-2004, 05:58 PM

Seriously, if none of you have heard about that fan film, I suggest none of you watch it, not only is it drop dead disgusting...it's completly out of character.

What is that ? a film?

Taloniss
05-03-2004, 06:43 PM

What is that ? a film?

Note the bold part :wink:

Brodie
05-03-2004, 07:42 PM
I wanna see it now...

Kid Icarus
05-03-2004, 07:48 PM
god this looks like pure crap, what do you think.

And I thought Kill Bill, The Last Samurai, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Spider-man, and Peter Pan looked like crap, but only one of those 4 were.

There's a good chance that the movie might actually be GOOD. Go see it, then if it's bad back up why you think it's bad with examples ;).

GK Punk
05-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Indeed Gwgtrunks. I Think her costume looks completley lame, but that's my biggest complaint so far.

Peanut
05-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Who's playing Catwoman?

Jo Dawn
05-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Who's playing Catwoman?

Halle Berry

05-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh, God why...

Peanut
05-03-2004, 08:10 PM
:| ...................why?

Taloniss
05-03-2004, 08:13 PM
My beef with the movie is that they changed *everything* about the character. Her job, her name, her city, her abilities, everything. I'm not against tweaks to characters, that's necassary to translate from one medium to another (comics -> movies) but when you change this much, it just shows a total lack of respect for the character and all the creators who put so much effort into making the comics loved by fans. If they changed the name to like, 'The Feline' or something like that, and didn't try to pawn this off as based on a comic, I'd have no problem with it.

Jo Dawn
05-03-2004, 08:16 PM
And, well... it seems silly, but I really don't like her name either. Patience Phillips?? Ugh.

Dane E5R
05-03-2004, 08:21 PM
I think Taloniss hit the nail right on the head.

Lord Nightwalker
05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I agree with Taloniss, Elite5Raph, and most....This movie's garbage. I have heard NOTHING redeeming about this thing. And to top it off, when it was initialy brought to the fore the director had said it would be true to the comic, to it's roots. Look what we get. It's a sad day.

GK Punk
05-03-2004, 08:40 PM
My beef with the movie is that they changed *everything* about the character. Her job, her name, her city, her abilities, everything. I'm not against tweaks to characters, that's necassary to translate from one medium to another (comics -> movies) but when you change this much, it just shows a total lack of respect for the character and all the creators who put so much effort into making the comics loved by fans. If they changed the name to like, 'The Feline' or something like that, and didn't try to pawn this off as based on a comic, I'd have no problem with it.

woah woah woah... they changed THat much????

Okay, I change my vote to yeah it's crap

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 03:35 AM
i can't understand why they take a character with that much background and change everything except the name. I hope the movie will be a huge flop, that'll teach them. :evil:

raphael_is_cool
05-04-2004, 03:43 AM
Sure it looks like crap. And I can't stand Halle Berry

Ronin_of_Kirai
05-04-2004, 05:22 AM
I agree with everyone I think this movie is going to suck...bad

ZariusTwo
05-04-2004, 08:20 AM
I wanna see it now...

Errrmm..dude "The Death of Batman" features Batman getting some...from all the wrong sources.

He gest captured by a junkie, elctrocuted in the testicles by a taser, shot up to his eyeballs with heroin..and then raped

Taloniss
05-04-2004, 08:34 AM

woah woah woah... they changed THat much????

Okay, I change my vote to yeah it's crap

Yep. Here's how they changed the stuff:

Name: Selina Kyle -> Patience Philips
Abilties: Normal human with training -> speed, reflexes, and senses of a cat (and, apparently, a huge craving for milk that won't go away)
City: Gotham -> Lake City
Job: Former Prostitute and Theif, currently vigilante -> graphic designer for Hedare Beauty, a mammoth cosmetics company on the verge of releasing a revolutionary anti-aging product

Here's a short bio of the comic character:

After a troubled childhood, Selina Kyle took to the streets and to selling her body. She was trained to defend herself by Ted Grant, better known as Wildcat, with whom she has since kept in contact, despite the fact that she is a known felon, committing a number of high-profile thefts in Gotham City and the rest of the world. She is not a killer, although the Gotham police are always wary of her - she is strictly a thief, but a most 'professional' one. A certain amount of sexual tension exists between her and Batman, though she would deny any attraction between them. Recently, Selina has become a sworn enemy of James Gordon, who managed to get her sent to jail for a short while. She was even suspected of shooting him, though she proved innocent of this crime.

Selina has now re-invented herself as the protector of those on the streets that the cops just don't care about, working alongside Dr Leslie Thompkins and private detective Slam Bradley.

And the movie character bio:

Catwoman is the story of shy, sensitive artist Patience Philips (Halle Berry), a woman who can't seem to stop apologizing for her own existence. She works as a graphic designer for Hedare Beauty, a mammoth cosmetics company on the verge of releasing a revolutionary anti-aging product. When Patience inadvertently happens upon a dark secret her employer is hiding, she finds herself in the middle of a corporate conspiracy. What happens next changes Patience forever. In a mystical twist of fate, she is transformed into a woman with the strength, speed, agility and ultra-keen senses of a cat. With her newfound prowess and feline intuition, Patience becomes Catwoman, a sleek and stealthy creature balancing on the thin line between good and bad. Like any wildcat, she's dangerous, elusive and untamed.

Anarky
05-04-2004, 08:39 AM
wanna see halle talking a load of bull? then go and see her opinion on the character of catwoman. i dunno where to find it, the server where i found it is not whosting it anymore.

and: I hate DC for producing crappy stuff with good names. OK, Birds of PRey was nice as an elseworld thing. but all the rest sucks (and no, i didn't forget smallville). They just take good stuff and then mess it up (see batman 4) .

Taloniss
05-04-2004, 08:52 AM
wanna see halle talking a load of bull? then go and see her opinion on the character of catwoman. i dunno where to find it, the server where i found it is not whosting it anymore.

This was the only article I've seen with Berry talking about the film. From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Losing Patience
She portrays Patience Philips, a shy, sensitive artist who is transformed into a woman with the strength, speed, agility and ultra-keen senses of a cat.

The reported $100 million film, which pounces into theaters July 30, is based on the DC Comics character, but it's not set in the "Batman" universe of Gotham City.

"It's very much based in reality," Berry said.

Berry's feline fatale retains some of the qualities of her film and television predecessors, who include Michelle Pfeiffer, Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt.

"She's still that iconic character that is about the alter-ego of womanhood, which is kind of the same," she said. "The look is somewhat different."

Berry sports a belly-baring leather suit, which she called "probably the most sexy costume of all of them."

She enjoyed that aspect of the character, saying that it's OK for a woman to be in touch with her sexuality.

"That doesn't define us if we decide to express it or use that part of who we are when we need to," she said. "That's not really a bad thing as long as that's not all we're relying on. And I've had to learn that in my life here in the last four or five years. That really is OK.

"And that's one of the great things about being a woman," she added. "We have that card to play. It's not a negative. It depends how you use it if it becomes a negative or not."

A full character
Berry is the first woman to portray two different comic-book characters, from competing comics publishers, on film. The difference is that "X-Men" and its sequel were ensemble films and "Catwoman" is a solo piece, giving her more to sink her teeth into.

"It was a full character I got to create here. Her emotional life, her life when she's not Catwoman, when she is Catwoman. It was a lot to play, and I really like that part of this one," she said.

Berry plays her roles to the hilt, sometimes at great cost to herself. She was briefly hospitalized in January after being hit in the head by a swinging light during a stunt action sequence for "Catwoman." Last year, she broke her arm while filming a scene for "Gothika."

"I think when you work really hard and you approach your work with somewhat reckless abandon - you know, if you really throw yourself into it - things are bound to happen," she said.

"And I certainly don't want to become someone who's so cautious that I'm afraid to do some of my own stunt work, because that's the joy of it for me. I get to do things that I would never otherwise get to do had I not been making this movie."

Berry also throws herself fully into promoting her films, even if it means dashing out the door and down the hill.

Credit: http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/movies/apr04/220210.asp

Anarky
05-04-2004, 08:58 AM
there's a video where she's saying the most ridiculous things about her identifying herself with catwoman as a real "bad kitty" and all that stuff. all in all totally stupid

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Another interview with her about that wonderful movie...
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/mini/smg2004/media.html
RRRRRRRRRR! :roll:

Dr. Doom
05-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Well not only does this look like probably the worst movie ever made, I LOATHE Hally Berry (almost as much as Richards). She's a horrible actress, did NOT deserve an Oscar, and if she f**ks up the X-Men movies cause she thinks she's such hot ****........well I'll be too pissed for her to face the wrath of Doom. She's just hafta face mine. And you KNOW **** has hit the fan when I forgo the whole Doom thing.

raphael_is_cool
05-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Well not only does this look like probably the worst movie ever made, I LOATHE Hally Berry (almost as much as Richards). She's a horrible actress, did NOT deserve an Oscar, and if she f**ks up the X-Men movies cause she thinks she's such hot sh**

I hear ya brutha

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 01:28 PM
I have only one opinion of Halle Berry:

I can not say anything bad about her because she has great t*ts and I've seen her naked.

Raven
05-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I wanna see it now...

Errrmm..dude "The Death of Batman" features Batman getting some...from all the wrong sources.

He gest captured by a junkie, elctrocuted in the testicles by a taser, shot up to his eyeballs with heroin..and then raped

thats just wrong on so many levels

Taloniss
05-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I wanna see it now...

By any chance, were either Kane or Shane McMahon in this movie?

Dane E5R
05-04-2004, 06:05 PM
I love Halle Berry. 8)

ZariusTwo
05-04-2004, 06:27 PM
She's a talentless hooker...there for eye candy and nothing else, the plot of this film is sooooooooo retarded

Jarrah White
05-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I heard the cancelled the plans for her Jinx movie.

impetus
05-04-2004, 07:25 PM
god this looks like pure crap, what do you think.yes, this movie will suck. yes, Halle is the wrong woman for the job. Yes, they totally screwed up the character.

But speak not of the crappiest movie of all time - you obviously have not seen COCOON! NO film will ever top the lameness that is COCOON! There's only one movie that might be worse: Cocoon: The Return. (I wouldn't know, I'll never watch it)

R-iZZy
05-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Who's playing Catwoman?

Halle Berry
I'M WATCHING IT!!! Go Catwoman!!!

ThirdMarioBro
05-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Hally Berry is gonna make the Batman franchise roll over in it's grave. Everyone thinks that reinventing a franchise will revive it, when it only kills off what little fanbase is left.

The Stryker
05-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Im not saying a Thing, I'll be labeled as a racist by the end of the post if i say what i really think about Crapwoman

but Halle as Crapwoman is not as bad as......Beyonce....Playing Lois Lane Eeeagh!!!

Taloniss
05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Hally Berry is gonna make the Batman franchise roll over in it's grave. Everyone thinks that reinventing a franchise will revive it, when it only kills off what little fanbase is left.

I wouldn't say Catwoman is being charged with reviving the Bat franchise, since they never mention Batman at all in it, and seem to have distinced the character from anything remotely resembling a bat. I'd say they wanted to start a new franchise of movies, but they screwed the pooch right out of the gate.

Batman Begins, however, is trying to restart the franchise, and I think it's going to do a good job of it. The movie looks really good, and it has a great cast and a competant director who's taking it seriously.

but Halle as Crapwoman is not as bad as......Beyonce....Playing Lois Lane Eeeagh!!!

*shudders* I agree.

ZariusTwo
05-05-2004, 09:17 AM
god this looks like pure crap, what do you think.yes, this movie will suck. yes, Halle is the wrong woman for the job. Yes, they totally screwed up the character.

But speak not of the crappiest movie of all time - you obviously have not seen COCOON! NO film will ever top the lameness that is COCOON! There's only one movie that might be worse: Cocoon: The Return. (I wouldn't know, I'll never watch it)

Cocoon RULES...I can't belive you hate that film and let REAL crappers (Forest Gump and Batman and Robin) slip out the catergory

That Matt Guy
05-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Forrest Gump? That movie is awesome.

The Stryker
05-05-2004, 09:18 AM
"You Got A Boner Too?" Classic!

Dane E5R
05-05-2004, 11:06 AM

Man... Batman will always have a HUGE fanbase. They could make 30 more ****** Batman movies and people will still love Batman.

Barkworm
05-05-2004, 01:33 PM
I can't understand how Zarius could even mention Forrest Gump and Batman & Robin in the same sentence.

Raven
05-05-2004, 02:07 PM
if there gonna make a catwoman movie, why dont they stick to the story that made catwoman so great in the first place, it hurts my head when i try to think of why there doing this.

well etleast teh new batman movie looks really good.

ZariusTwo
05-05-2004, 04:18 PM
I can't understand how Zarius could even mention Forrest Gump and Batman & Robin in the same sentence.

I can because I threw both of them up into the Airplane sick bag, both are horrific.

Forrest Gump is an overated mess

"You will beleive a retard can run through a bomb-ridden Vietnam"

Barkworm
05-10-2004, 03:05 AM
Has anyone arleady seen the Catwoman teaser?
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/catwoman/trailer/trailer_hi/trailer_a.mov
This made me remember the origin of the "Batman Returns" Catwoman (who also had nothing to do with the comic book one). Maybe this movie is based on that origin story?

Taloniss
05-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Has anyone arleady seen the Catwoman teaser?
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/catwoman/trailer/trailer_hi/trailer_a.mov
This made me remember the origin of the "Batman Returns" Catwoman (who also had nothing to do with the comic book one). Maybe this movie is based on that origin story?

Hmm, maybe. But from what I've read of the movie, it's based on an accident with a mystical or scientific item (I've read both) and it gives her cat powers. Maybe they filmed a new one recently to switch up the origin in the hopes of making the movie a bit better.