PDA

View Full Version : Well this sucks...

Brodie
05-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Just to ramble....

I took a day off to check out how my applications were looked at. And I calll the places, blah blah. The guy tells me its not the best time, and he'll call back.... Places never call back. So now I'm waiting for a dude to call who probably won't.

So what I'm starting, I suppose, is for a bunch of stories from you guys on jobs you wanted, didn't get, or what ever.

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Nope I won't, but you have to keep calling them back. Don't wait for a call that never comes and give up.

Brodie
05-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh, I plan to keep calling. Since people are assholes.

raphael_is_cool
05-11-2004, 10:09 AM
I wanted a job last summer. Applied to a couple of places, never got the jobs. They don't want students that are only there for the summer, dammit. This year I'm just gonna lie or avoid the subject

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 11:27 AM
That's probably because you are trying to apply for a full time job, while asking for part time.

Brodie
05-11-2004, 11:35 AM
I do that because there isn't usually the Student Co-Op option.

raphael_is_cool
05-11-2004, 12:23 PM
That's probably because you are trying to apply for a full time job, while asking for part time.

Well there's 2 different types of part time.
There's summer job part time, what I was kinda hoping for
And weekend or few days a week part time, what I was applying for

But in a sense they wanted full time employment, damn them

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 12:28 PM
I can't imagine ever not working full time. You won't make anything working part time, unless you get paid some huge wage.

InsaneZane
damn man, i know how you feel... i was looking for a job last summer... i had to put up with the same crap.....
just keep coming until thier tired of hearing from you.

they'll eventually give in and say ok come on in and you'll get an interview, then they make you wait a couple more mothes before they start you off

but whereever you work... you must take advantage and get as much for free as possible! :evilgrin: if you know what i mean

Storm Wolf
that sucks.

well i really can't get the job i want because so far i haven't found anyone who will work around school hours, and most the jobs around here want full time....i've applied to a few myself, but it seems like they keep moving thier freaking age requirements up every year....or maybe it's just the way of telling me they don't like young uns working with them *shrugs*

05-11-2004, 12:32 PM
I go back to my full-time job May 24th. Gotta rake in the cash so I don't have to work during college.

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 12:32 PM
then they make you wait a couple more mothes before they start you off

??? Every job I have ever had, they made me start either the day of the interview or the next day.

Storm Wolf
05-11-2004, 12:33 PM
then they make you wait a couple more mothes before they start you off

??? Every job I have ever had, they made me start either the day of the interview or the next day.

yeah...i've never heard of waiting that long to start...sounds odd to me. :|

JameO
05-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Wanted to get a job at Toys R Us or maybe EB Games. Had interview with Toys R Us but they never called back. :( So I settled for the ****** grocery store Hy and Zels that I no longer work at anymore due to stupid managers. So I am unemployed at the moment and damn proud of it.

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Man, 20 years old and unemployed? Your parents must pay for everything.

Voltron
05-11-2004, 12:43 PM
I didn't fill out an application until I had been working at my current job for three weeks.

Storm Wolf
05-11-2004, 12:44 PM
dude as soon as i hit 18 my parents don't ever have to pay for me again....which would be a good thing since they barely have money now... :|

That Matt Guy
05-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I have about $800 in bills waiting to be paid, and I don't even live on my own.

Voltron
05-11-2004, 12:49 PM
I think paying bills and taxes is ********. Lightning falls from the sky, and in the next couple hundred thousand years, my grandparents will be fossil fuel. Why should I have to pay for **** that falls from the sky, or was once related to me?

And another thing, if I don't have kids in school, why the hell should I pay taxes for that? I mean, ****, I don't even like what they teach kids in school! And medicare! I want free medicine you freeloading, money laundering Ass heads! Plus water! That falls from the sky, too. In fact, I should get everything for free...no...wait...I should be given exclusive ownership of the all planet's resources(Without exception), to do with as I wish.

Storm Wolf
05-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I think paying bills and taxes is sh**. Lightning falls from the sky, and in the next couple hundred thousand years, my grandparents will be fossil fuel. Why should I have to pay for sh** that falls from the sky, or was once related to me?

And another thing, if I don't have kids in school, why the hell should I pay taxes for that? I mean, f***, I don't even like what they teach kids in school! And medicare! I want free medicine you freeloading, money laundering Ass heads! Plus water! That falls from the sky, too. In fact, I should get everything for free...no...wait...I should be given exclusive ownership of the all planet's resources(Without exception), to do with as I wish.

this i have often wished for myself....but then again s*** in one hand and wish in the other....which one fills up faster? :ohwell:

raphael_is_cool
05-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Do you have a council tax and a general tax? Because as far as I know tax also goes to emergency services, transport, leisure facilities among others

But I take it you were being humorous :D

Voltron
05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Look, the point is, I shouldn't have to pay for things.

raphael_is_cool
05-11-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm with you on that

Brodie
05-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Me either, then I dont need a job