PDA

View Full Version : 10 years since red sky

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-11-2004, 07:03 PM
This coming fall will be 10 years since red sky eps. When I read the ep guides, I found it interesting of Burne blaming the turtles for having Channel 6 blown up and turning the turtles into outlaws. It said throughout the season they were getting arrested etc. Is it because of the destruction of channel 6 and it said in season 9 the people thought the turtles were the enemy, was it because they still feared them after burne badmouthed them for the destruction of channel 6. What happened to Krang's android body in season 8? I heard it was not seen in the red sky days until the final eps.

I have only seen the 1st 2 eps of Season 10 from the dvd and it is just diffrent from the old days.

ZariusTwo
05-11-2004, 07:31 PM
I think this sums up Red Sky's anniversary perfectly

"Yawn"

Mobius One
05-11-2004, 07:57 PM
i Liked the Red Sky eps, though not as much as the originals. They are definitly the precursor to the new show though. Kind of like the transition from the original way the old show was to what the new show is now. It was the middle.

Serp
05-11-2004, 08:33 PM
I like the way the Turtles were drawn in the "Red Sky" episodes the best of all of the toon designs the seem to be a perfect mixture of the of the old toon and new toon designs not done intentionally though.

BrianReilly
05-12-2004, 11:55 AM
I like the way the Turtles were drawn in the "Red Sky" episodes the best of all of the toon designs the seem to be a perfect mixture of the of the old toon and new toon designs not done intentionally though.

I have to agree with that. The "Red Sky" eps have the best animation of any turtles series.

I like how the series got more serious during those eps too. To be frank, the one thing that bothers me about the new series is that it started off with a very much "Red Sky" tone, very serious and dark, and somehow turned into universe hopping with Triceratons and stuff. The only thing I like better about the new series is that Casey Jones is around a lot more.

Coola Yagami
05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
well... one can only do so much when you want to stay true to the comics... the comics also had shredder clones, ultroms, triceratons and a bunch of weird ass stuff like Raph running around with a cow and aliens and stuff.. o_o;;;

Serp
05-13-2004, 10:34 AM
A cow :lol: never saw that coming.

Sadako*sCranes
05-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Lol! And it wasn't just a cow either! It was a giant flying head of a cow and his name was Cuddly the Cowlick! He carries the Turtles through outer space in his mouth! :D

Coola Yagami
05-13-2004, 09:46 PM
That was the Archie comics. I meant the Mirage comics. Seems Peter and Kevin left for a bit and basically left anyone do TMNT stories. In 2 issues so wacky guy took over and made some story about the TMNT on a farm with Raph waking up in the middle of the night to milk a cow, then being abducted by aliens with the cow, and forced to run around for most of the adventure with the cow. Later on Eastman and Laird came back to the series and started the whole Shredder strikes back/Return to New York plot.

Ryona
05-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah...I remember that whole cow thing :sweatdro: . I hope when Eastman and Laird came back and saw what this clown was doing to there creation, that they gave him a boot in the behind. It was just plain embarrassing. :tsweatdr:

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-14-2004, 05:26 AM
Lol! And it wasn't just a cow either! It was a giant flying head of a cow and his name was Cuddly the Cowlick! He carries the Turtles through outer space in his mouth! :D

I Remember reading that comic when I was younger. I thought the comic was strange.

Kali
05-14-2004, 09:45 AM
That was the Archie comics. I meant the Mirage comics. Seems Peter and Kevin left for a bit and basically left anyone do TMNT stories. In 2 issues so wacky guy took over and made some story about the TMNT on a farm with Raph waking up in the middle of the night to milk a cow, then being abducted by aliens with the cow, and forced to run around for most of the adventure with the cow. Later on Eastman and Laird came back to the series and started the whole Shredder strikes back/Return to New York plot.
Yeah, that was during the "guest artist" period. Those three issues have to be one of the strangest stories to ever feature the TMNT. It didn't take itself too seriously and it's quite funny if you're into that sort of humor.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Is there a way to see the rest of the red sky eps because I am dying to SEE ALL OF THEM. and it seems that 10 years ago from now was the end of the turtles as we knew them because Shredder Triumphant aired 10 years ago, according to the ep guides. How many plotholes were there in red sky other than Krang's body thing.

PizzaPower
05-15-2004, 08:01 PM
well, hehehehe, there are always ways to watch these episodes!!! Like I am watching some of the very last old toon ep right now!!!

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-16-2004, 08:40 AM
well, hehehehe, there are always ways to watch these episodes!!! Like I am watching some of the very last old toon ep right now!!!

How are there ways. I have not seen them in video stores for years. The them I mean is tapes for turtles eps. I don't want to wait for them to come out on DVd because it may be a while before they do come out on dvd. The they I mean is dvd for seasons 2-10(the other half)

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-30-2004, 09:08 PM
I watched Mobster from Dimension X and The day the earth disappeared last week. Dregg seems darker and more serious than shredder and krang. But Dregg always seems to be defeated in the end, like the dregonaut went into the black hole in day the earth disappeared. The turtles even said in the mobster from Dimension X something about getting rid of dregg in the previous ep, which I never saw.

The series doesn't feel the same because shredder and krang are not in the series anymore. DRegg in mobster from Dimension X did not even appear until near the end of the episode. The mobster from Dimension X was silly.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-31-2004, 05:40 PM
ONE other Thing I need to know. HOw come Return of Dregg, The Beginning of the End, Mobster from DimenSion X and Day the Earth Disappeared are unaired? Sources say they only aired in certain areas? HOW COME THEY ONLY AIRED IN CERTAIN AREAS. THAT MENT THE 3-parter with Shredder and KRang and the Divide and Conquer ep aired in All markets. BUT HOW COME THESE EPS did not air in all markets????????!!!

It may confuse some people because Dregg got mung in Return of Dregg and cast away one of his former assitants. And In DAy the earth disappeared the dreggounant got destroyed. Viewers may have gotten confused.

Could someone explain. Sorry about these red sky questions, but I stopped watching the turtles in 1992 because I lost interest.

ZariusTwo
05-31-2004, 05:41 PM
For the love of god, speak english.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
05-31-2004, 06:01 PM
ONE other Thing I need to know. HOw come Return of Dregg, The Beginning of the End, Mobster from DimenSion X and Day the Earth Disappeared are unaired? Sources say they only aired in certain areas? HOW COME THEY ONLY AIRED IN CERTAIN AREAS. THAT MENT THE 3-parter with Shredder and KRang and the Divide and Conquer ep aired in All markets. BUT HOW COME THESE EPS did not air in all markets????????!!!

It may confuse some people because Dregg got mung in Return of Dregg and cast away one of his former assitants. And In DAy the earth disappeared the dreggounant got destroyed. Viewers may have gotten confused.

Could someone explain. Sorry about these red sky questions, but I stopped watching the turtles in 1992 because I lost interest.

I will verify what I mean. How come Return of Dregg, The Beginning of the End, Mobster from DimenSion X and Day the Earth Disappeared were called unaired eps and did not air in some markets while the other 4 eps from that season aired in all markets. How Come?? Sorry I just have a problem with sentence structure in life.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
06-04-2004, 02:18 PM
CAn someone tell who and where carter come from. The ep guides said Carter first showed up in the Unknown ninja, when did he first appear and why did he join the turtles. That was coincidental with Carter joing the turtles the same time dregg appeared because it made the series a completley new show and made the it look like the rest of the series never existed.

How did this mutation thing start with the turtles? What kind of apperance did they have for Dregg the very first time he was shown? When did the turtles first encounter dregg and how did they introduce each other. Was shredder and krang referenced in the unknown ninja ep.

The ep guides said the turtles were reviewing tapes of old battles. WHICH OLD BATTLES DID THEY SHOW IN THE UNKNOWN NINJA ON THE TAPE.

I AM asking these questions because what if they don't release all the other eps on DVD AND I NEVER SEE THESE EPS EVER.

ZariusTwo
06-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Stop bumping your god damn threads up, whatever questions you have have been answered

Use the "Search" function to find them

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
I could not find the answers to my questions in the search engines.

I need these answers about the red sky incase I never see these eps in my life time or in the next few years.

Another thing is, for mung they never showed where he came from since he first appeared in the first ep of season 10. Why wasn't he in season 9.

The search threads said the turtle blimp was last shown in the unknown ninja. IS it true? IT seems that after that the turtle van was the only thing from the beginning left.

ZariusTwo
06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
I could not find the answers to my questions in the search engines.

That's bulls&*&, just type in "Carter" and LOOK, I'm sick of seeing you bump up threads answering the same questions over and over again and wasting everybody's time.