host_punktmy
05-12-2004, 02:29 PM
never

Jeph Loeb
James O'Barr
um that's all i can think of now...

JameO
05-12-2004, 02:38 PM
You start a thread for top 3 writers....and you don't even name 3! Where do you people come from!

Worst writer: Host

Voltron
05-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Who wrote that line "There's a vacancy in the local cemetary?" That guy had TALENT. I mean, thats the kind of stuff only people with a decent, third grade education can crank out.

Hannah
05-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Who wrote that line "There's a vacancy in the local cemetary?" That guy had TALENT. I mean, thats the kind of stuff only people with a decent, third grade education can crank out. :lol:

Taloniss
05-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Why is this thread titled 'writers are stupid' when it's about good writers? Anyway..

1) Stan Lee - Love him or hate him, the man is a genious who truely cares about the business. You can just tell by the way his interviews go, he has such a passion for the characters.
2) Peter David - His run on Hulk defined the characters, and I don't think he's ever written a bad story. Everything he does is at least good.
3) Bendis - The modern Stan Lee. This man can write anything, and it's all good. Ultimate Spider-Man, X-men, FF, Avengers, Powers, Secret Wars. All gold. His stories are stretched out a bit (Bendisized!) but I think that's more an editorial decision then a writer one, as every marvel and DC story is stretched as long as possible thesedays. Gotta make sure they fit into a TPB so you can milk a story for as much as it's worth. He just gets the blame for it since he writes so many books a month.

Brodie
05-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Brian Micheal Bendis: Powers......he's a god, people.
Kevin Smith: His Clerks stuff, not too into his Green Arrow ****.
Chuck Dixon: Check out his Nightwing stuff...
Brian K. Vaughn: Y The Last Man, the dudes a genius.
Frank Miller: Strictly for his Batman books.
Paul Jenkins: Origin: True Story Of Wolverine, and his Spider-Man run with Ramos....Classic.