PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Sonic X (OH DEAR GOD NO!)

ZariusTwo
05-12-2004, 04:33 PM
"4Kids Entertainment today announced that SONIC X, the animated series starring SEGA's Sonic The Hedgehog, will launch a second season this fall on the Fox Box.

In season two, Sonic and company confront Dr. Eggman's creepy new weapon: The Ultimate Chaos Creature, a slimy shape-shifter with a mind of its own and a craving for Chaos Emeralds. Viewers will be introduced to characters such as Big the Cat, his freaky friend Froggy, and Tikal, a mysterious muse with an ancient secret. Viewers will also learn about Gerald Robotnik and the strange experiments he conducted deep in outer space half a century ago."

Great, so there now adapting Sonic Adventure...good idea on paper, except Sonic Adventure the game sucked Donkey and this version will have that blasted brat in it.

This is going to blow.

Peanut
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Question. Do you hate EVERYTHING!?!

Anarchistguy
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Correction...He hates every cartoon that's NOT AMERICAN...But i actually agree with what he said...

05-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Sonic Adventure was a great game. Story.

ZariusTwo

Anything without quality behind it is getting an a$$ kicking from me

ZariusTwo
Correction...He hates everything NOT AMERICAN.

You're talking to a guy who has 125 Anime DVDS

Shadow the hedgehog
Viewers will also learn about Gerald Robotnik and the strange experiments he conducted deep in outer space half a century ago."

This is where I come in. I cant wait. :D

Whitewolf89
05-12-2004, 04:37 PM

Obviously.

ZariusTwo
05-12-2004, 04:38 PM

Obviously.

I have 125 Anime DVDS

Assumption is wrong...as per bloody usual.

Taloniss

Obviously.

Doesn't Zarius like Dr. Who though? And wasn't that British?

Bloody hell! I'ma gonna go sweep me a chimney, yes I am, I am!

ZariusTwo
05-12-2004, 04:39 PM

Obviously.

Doesn't Zarius like Dr. Who though? And wasn't that British?

They would prefer it if I liked tastless crappy anime shows rather than watch...you know...GOOD shows.

Anarchistguy
05-12-2004, 04:39 PM

You're talking to a guy who has 125 Anime DVDS

:o ...Holy crap...

Yet I've NEVER read a single of your posts defending anime. Don't get me wrong. I DID NOT assume you don't like "crappy-dubbed-TV" anime.

Whitewolf89
05-12-2004, 04:40 PM

You're saying Sonic X has no quality behind it?! I happen to like the show, and I, for one, am GLAD they renewed it. I missed most of the first season, AND missed getting to tape it, because the bleedin' idiots at Fox either scheduled it BEFORE the Turtles, or right AFTER it, and put the two back-to-back, making me chosse taping the Turtles over taping them both. Maybe Fox will get smart (yeah, I wish!) and schedule them with a different half-hour between them..

Yeesh, THIS comment from a guy who has a friggin' annoying flashing Power Rangers siggy attached to it.

Dane E5R
05-12-2004, 04:41 PM
The Sonic Adventure series rocked, as did Sonic X adaptation. The dub will probably ruin it, though, after what they did to the Super Sonic episode.

ZariusTwo
05-12-2004, 04:42 PM

You're saying Sonic X has no quality behind it?! I happen to like the show.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, it's a matter of PREFERENCE buddy, if you want to flame me for liking Power Rangers, go ahead, I don't give a damn, just like you should'nt give a damn about what I think about Sonic X

I only reported the second season because I was shocked at why it was given a second chance, on the basis of...well...it sucks.

Anarchistguy
05-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Why do most threads end up with Sonic X arguments? I'm no one to talk but, still...

Hannah
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Uh, you're all like wrong. This'll rock.

Whitewolf89
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM

You're saying Sonic X has no quality behind it?! I happen to like the show.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, it's a matter of PREFERENCE buddy, if you want to flame me for liking Power Rangers, go ahead, I don't give a damn, just like you should'nt give a damn about what I think about Sonic X

I only reported the second season because I was shocked at why it was given a second chance, on the basis of...well...it sucks.

Look, I'm not TRYING to flame you, and you ARE entitled to your opinion. Afer all, this IS America. I just happen to absolutely LOATHE (okay, make that absolutely HATE!) the Power Rangers 'cause 1) it's nothing but a live-action rip-off of Voltron (which was a WAY better show, btw), and 2) it caused the ratings' drops of several of my fave cartoons (which were IMMENSELY highly-rated at the time), which eventually caused their cancellation. One of those was the Biker Mice From Mars (which, thankfully, seems to be on the way back again, like the Turtles), which was a TON better than the Power Rangers was or ever WILL be. I mean, COME ON! How many incarnations is this thing gonna go through before they (Saban) finally gets wise (or more conceivably, runs out of ideas), puts a bullet in it, and lets it die an honorable death. I got even sicker of it after the fourth or fifth season.

And have you ever stopped to think that the REASON that it was given that second chance is because there ARE people out there that actually LIKE the show (me being one of them), and actually *GASP!* THINK that it DESERVES a second chance. Food for thought.

Sadako*sCranes
05-12-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm seeing pictures of Shadow from Sonic X everywhere! I've been waiting to see him in the show! Now it looks like he's already appeared in the now over Season 1 and I managed to miss all the episodes he appeared in! Awww, I wanted to witness him in action and hear the voice chosen for him! :cry:

Hannah
05-12-2004, 05:18 PM
-witnessed a certain tdromer named Shadow in action and had her chest sliced open- :D

ZariusTwo
05-12-2004, 05:21 PM

Your Opinion: It'll rock, but then, I know what your avatar is so I'm not going to even bother with you...

Hannah
05-12-2004, 05:25 PM

Your Opinion: It'll rock, but then, I know what your avatar is so I'm not going to even bother with you...
That's right.

Sadako*sCranes
05-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Who else thinks Hyper Metal Sonic will make a grand entrance in Season 2?! I mean they might as well let him in since all the other characters from the games are/have making/made an appearance! The more characters the merrier! :D

Hannah
05-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Mecha Sonic all the way!

ThirdMarioBro
05-12-2004, 05:34 PM
You people are talking about the stupid dub. I've seen the whole Japanese series that ended in April. There is no Metal Sonic, the is a SA & SA2 adaption, which rock, and the ending is amazing, but 4Kids will f**k every inch of it, because they feel that all Anime dubs must be brought down to a 6 year old level. Watch the original. In Japan there will be a Second season, which should rock. I don't even consider the 4Kids version to exist anymore.

Dane E5R
05-12-2004, 05:42 PM
TMB, you have the japanese DVDs? If so where do you get them? And do they have the complete series, as in seasons 1 and 2?

Mobius One
05-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Ecch, I love Sonic, and I was an avid reader of the Archie book, but the new show somply disgusts me. I think (<opinion) that the new show is just not quality, also, and I liked Sonic Adventure 1, but it seems like the whole show is already based off of that game anyway, with them calling him Dr. Eggman, Rouge the Bat, Big the Cat and all that crap. None of that was ever in the comic, old shows, video games (before Sonic Adventure). I was so excited for that show but when I watched it I was ultimately disappointed.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-12-2004, 06:22 PM
From the japanese episodes I downloaded, the adaption is damn awesome.

ThirdMarioBro
05-12-2004, 08:33 PM
TMB, you have the japanese DVDs? If so where do you get them? And do they have the complete series, as in seasons 1 and 2?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=DVD&word=Sonic+X

I get them from here, CDJapan. Never have ripped me off, and TMS will release the entire series on DVD. The DVD's are High Definition and in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. They are awesome.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-12-2004, 09:52 PM

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=DVD&word=Sonic+X

I get them from here, CDJapan. Never have ripped me off, and TMS will release the entire series on DVD. The DVD's are High Definition and in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. They are awesome.

Man, I REALLY wish they had those available Region 1 with subtitles.

Coola Yagami
05-12-2004, 10:30 PM
1. Gerald Robotnic?????

2- if this is based on Sonic Adventure... then what was the first season based on? I thought Sonic Adventure was the first game that started the whole green-eyed Soni series.

Dane E5R
05-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Gerald Robotnik is Dr. Eggman's (Dr. Robotnik) grandfather and hero. He's from Sonic Adventure 2, he created Shadow the Hedgehog to be the ultimate life form. The higher ups didn't like what he was doin', so they trashed his work and locked him up and accidently killed his granddaughter. That drove him crazy enough to try to destroy the world. The first season of Sonic X was pretty much setting up for the 2nd season, which were the adaptations.

Voltron
05-12-2004, 11:07 PM
I wish they put the old Sonic cartoon on. With Sally and everyone. That show was great.

ThirdMarioBro
05-13-2004, 08:36 AM
SatAM will begin airing on UPN9 in New York this month. Dvix files should start floating around by then. :D

ZariusTwo
05-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Suprnova.org has got every episode of Sonic SATAM uploaded.

Drtooth
05-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah... I don't care too much for the dub outside of Mike's Dr. Eggmand and that Maid (come on... who doesn't love a 250 lb Drag queen in a kid's cartoon?) is pretty thin...

From what I understand, the same dub team that writes the dub for Kirby. So, you can tell there's an obvious similarity. Guess they like video games. other 4Kids teams dub other stuff.

>>but 4Kids will f**k every inch of it, because they feel that all Anime dubs must be brought down to a 6 year old level.<<

Ironically that whacko show about the wrestlers is the only thing they dub that's better than the original.... As much as everyone hates It, I sat down and watched some of it... pretty risque humor in it...."(What'shername) and her friends can come along. we could have a foursome... for golf"

Hannah
05-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I wish they put the old Sonic cartoon on. With Sally and everyone. That show was great.
Yay for Princess Sally!

Dane E5R
05-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Oh HELL no. Boo for Princess Sally. God I hate that slut.

But atleast she was significantly less slutty in SatAM than she is in the comics. Either way I'd like to see her head on a pole.

ZariusTwo
05-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Oh HELL no. Boo for Princess Sally. God I hate that slut.

But atleast she was significantly less slutty in SatAM than she is in the comics. Either way I'd like to see her head on a pole.

Sally is hotter in the comics though

Have you seen her hairstyle now? WOOF!

Anarchistguy
05-13-2004, 02:55 PM
And have you seen how she's been screwing with Sonic's heart lately? Damn slut...

Hannah
05-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Sally may be a slut but shes still cool. 8)

ZariusTwo
05-13-2004, 03:13 PM
And have you seen how she's been screwing with Sonic's heart lately? Damn slut...

Slutty b*tch more like...hot slutty b*tch

Anarchistguy
05-13-2004, 03:23 PM
And by the way, Sonic's supposed to be FREE LIKE THE WIND!!! What in the hell's he doing getting married, living with his parents when he's supposed to be an orphan? Damn you, Archie Comics!!!

Hannah
05-13-2004, 03:32 PM
And by the way, Sonic's supposed to be FREE LIKE THE WIND!!! What in the hell's he doing getting married?
:lol: I remember that issue.

Voltron
05-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Remember the issue where Sally got hooked on crack, and Sonic accidentally buzz sawed Tails in half? Classic.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-13-2004, 04:51 PM
SatAM will begin airing on UPN9 in New York this month. Dvix files should start floating around by then. :D

I actually have all of the episodes already on my computer. Most are obviously less-than-VHS quality, while others are DVD rips, and some are in between.

They're all watchable though.

Dane E5R
05-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Sally may be a slut but shes still cool. 8)

That statement is ludicrous. :|

Kameko
05-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Spoiler (copy and paste into a text editor if you want to know something that happens at the end of season two):

Sonic finally tells Amy that he loves her.

ZariusTwo
05-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Wha-Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Please tell me they keep that spoiler in the dub, I might hate Sonic X but I'm a die hard fan of BOTH Sonic and Sally AND Sonic and Amy)

Dane E5R
05-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Very nice!

ThirdMarioBro
05-13-2004, 08:59 PM
You can't hear his words, but you see him say it, and you see Amy leap on him crying with happiness. Awesome moment that was.

I don't blame her as much as those damn writers. They've wreaked SatAM's story so badly it can't be fixed. They should just let it die and retain what deacency it still has rather than rape it farther. SatAm was awesome and Archie is destroying it.

Peanut
05-13-2004, 08:59 PM
How old is Sonic? Isn't Amy like 10?

ThirdMarioBro
05-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Lemme check the Card Catch...

*edit*

She was 8 in Sonic CD. Now, according to Sega, she's 12.

According to Archie.......who the heck knows for sure. :roll:

ZariusTwo
05-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Lemme check the Card Catch...

*edit*

She was 8 in Sonic CD. Now, according to Sega, she's 12.

Is that legal on Mobisu for sexual relations?

(Just asking...to say nothing of the various Sonic/Amy lemons out there)

It's too bad Sonic the Comic never got around to producing a Sonic/Amy love story, ironic it takes Sonic X to finally do it.

Since it's part of Sonic histoory, I'll probably end up getting the episode.

ThirdMarioBro
05-13-2004, 11:57 PM
It's episode 52 (the last one). You can find it if you look.

ZariusTwo
05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
It's episode 52 (the last one). You can find it if you look.

I got it...

I love that couple. :)

Hannah
05-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Wow.... Sonic... said that... :o

Kameko
05-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Is that legal on Mobisu for sexual relations?*snigger* I've wondered that myself.

Sonic is 15 and Amy is 12. Well, it's better than the Tails/Cream stuff I've heard rumours about. (8 and 6?? Gah!!)

Hannah
05-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Sonic is fifteen??

Anarchistguy
05-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Actually, he's 16.

ZariusTwo
05-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Tails and Cream romance huh?

Well there IS a fandom for Trunks and Pan from Dragonball...

As gross as it is, I like it :(

Dane E5R
05-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Actually, he's 16.

Since when?

Anarchistguy
05-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Sonic Adventure

Shadow the hedgehog
05-15-2004, 05:35 PM
According to Sonic Heroes...the most recent game...hes 15

Anarchistguy
05-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Dammit...you're all right. I've mixed it up with the "Archie" universe.

ThirdMarioBro
05-15-2004, 08:46 PM
No biggie, we've all been there.

Hannah
05-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Damn.... Sonic seems much younger....

Meira-Bates
05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
*could have told you without Sonic Heros if she had gotten here sooner* He's been 15 for years now, save in Archie, cause it has a "continum" yet even though it's spaned YEARS of time...I think Sonic's STILL considered 16 when his b-day part was...damn it's been too long since I read it, lol.

Dane E5R
05-18-2004, 04:54 PM

I disagree. If anything, he seems way older.

Hannah
05-18-2004, 04:55 PM

I disagree. If anything, he seems way older.
He acts like a little kid in Sonic X...

Dane E5R
05-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Again, I disagree.

Hannah
05-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Hmmm.

Kameko
05-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Archie Comics aside, Sonic is, and always has been, 15 years old.

"He acts like a little kid in Sonic X..."

I also disagree. Personally, I think the guy's pretty mature - he literally has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He knows how to have fun and keep things light-hearted, because if he didn't, the depression would kill him. But he also knows when to be serious. Most fifteen year old guys can't claim that.

Meira-Bates
05-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Amen Sonic doesn't act younger than 15 for sure...then again I could purely be basing that off how I rp Sonic...BUT....I usualy try my best to make sure I understand characters who I didn't create before playing them, yanno I research and crap.

The Stryker
05-18-2004, 09:11 PM
*Whistles Mario Theme And Kicks Sonic in the Proverbial Balls*

Meira-Bates
05-18-2004, 09:15 PM
*Whistles Mario Theme And Kicks Sonic in the Proverbial Balls*

*Whistles the Sonic Theme and then does the same to Mario*

The Stryker
05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
*smashes Crash Bandicoot with a Hammer*

Ahh...Brute Force thats the way to go

Meira-Bates