PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

Taloniss
05-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Small rant. I recently went off medication that'd I'd been on for over a year. When I stopped taking it, I got frequent (re: everyday) migrain headaches with occasional bouts of dizziness. So, I head to the doctor to see what's up, and he tells me it's a side effect of going off the drugs, and it will last for about a month. So I'm like, 'A month?' A month?!' and he's like, yes, a month.

So, for about a month, I get to live with the joys of having my head feel like an axe is buired deep inside it, while occasionally having the room turn upside down on me.

And of course, I get extremely irratable when I have a headache, to the point where the slightest thing will set me off. And, of course, I've already managed to snap at all my immediate family, pissing them off.

Life sucks. Sorry 'bout the rant, but I had to vent, or I would have exploded.

kyabetsu
05-12-2004, 06:46 PM
wow, i'm sorry to hear that.

if it makes you feel any better... i managed to goof up my insurance and ran OUT of a medication i was supposed to be on... so, yeah. no doctors, no planning... i felt like a had a stomach flu, had varying bouts of "can't stay awake" and "can't go to sleep." my skin went to CRAP. Nothing stayed down... and i became a shut in for about 4 months, before i got enough money and brain power together to hunt down alternative healthcare.

but yeah, i'm with you--withdrawl symptoms suck

Taloniss
05-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm glad you got better :)

Peanut
05-12-2004, 06:54 PM
I have to take some kind of pills cause I get crazy mad terrible migranes. I always have a headache. I don't even remember the last time I've felt 100% healthy, but I've kinda grown to live with it now, so normal headaches don't bug me at all anymore.

Naruto
05-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah medicane can have those effects. They wanted to put me on ritilan because im ADD, but ritilan is not actually all great. It can be a dangerouse drug and it is a stimulant and has many effects like your drug gave you. Actually ritilan is still even being debated on if it works or not.

Actually if you were to talk to a doctore about taking pills to help lose wait and say you wanted to do it for a year, he would say that is stupid and can cause serouse harm.

So taking medication of a diffrent thing could be almost concidered the same thing.

(Sorry for my bad spelling and grammer)

GK Punk
05-12-2004, 08:30 PM
I have a syst in my head that causes extreme head aches.
It's so painfull, I can't even put it in to words.

Stone Ill
05-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Can I touch it?

GK Punk
05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Go for it

damnhooligan
05-12-2004, 08:37 PM
A cyst? Ouch.

Sounds like you'd be a fine candidate for surgery if its causing chronic headaches.

GK Punk
05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
They told me I could have surgery for it, but it would be "Dangerous" if they did. (Something about where it is in my head makes it hard for them to get to or something) So I just said no. But It's been 12 years since I've had these headaches and I'm starting to consider it.

damnhooligan
05-12-2004, 08:58 PM
A lot has changed in 12 years, particularly in neurosurgery.

And if the headaches are returning, that most likely means the cyst is growing or swelling. Irreversable severe damage is only a stone's throw away. A mate of mine dealt with seizures on a nearly daily basis thanks to an arachnoid cyst, until they popped a shunt into place.

Voltron
05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
I have this sort of "migraine" in my ass. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone who contributes to it.

Anonymous
05-13-2004, 05:19 AM
They wanted to put me on ritilan When I was seven the doctor gave my mom some ritilan but the minute she read the side affects she flushed the lot down the toilet. I never had ADD anyway, I was just a bit of an attention seeker. I'm always so grateful she never made me take those things.

As for migraine's, I get them. Luckily they come once a month or so if that but when I do get them it's complete agonizing hell so I greatly sympathize with everyone who suffers.

Grave
05-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Life sucks a small bit, only one part of my life doesn't suck. Take a guess.

Im despressed as hell, intolerate, and have a very short fuse for stupidity...Which is why I probably wouldn't get along very well with SOME people here.
No, don't get me wrong, only a few i'v seen have made it to my list. No names listed.

My family is no help either, but thats what you get when you've been constantly abused...and loved by one. Thankfully. He's the only person I can really trust anymore. Stryker.