PDA

View Full Version : ADHD and ADD

Naruto
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Ok here is a good one. Many people everday are tested for ADD and ADHD
and do not know that ritalin may not be the awnser.
Many ADD and ADHD can get along with out ritilan and can function just like anyone else.
The topic of ADD and ADHD is still in debate for its existance!
Now how ADD and ADHD work. Many people may think that ADHD and ADD are when your mind just goes real fast and you take ritilan to slow it down.
Well that is false information! :o
To tell you the truth. Ritilan is a stimulant drug. It makes the mind go faster so the chemicals in your head that are not going fast enough speed up. That way your able to focus with more effort!
Well here is a kicker. Does Ritilan actually help in any way?! :-?
Well that is also debatable. Ritilan helps some children but it does not help all. It actually debatable if Ritilan actually works.S
The drug also can have side effects to many for me to menchion. You can build a tolarance to it which makes you need a higher dose of it. This medicane is like any other medicane. It is said that it is dangerouse to take it over a long periods of time!
I myself am ADD and I do show many signs of it, but if I really try real hard enough, I can function like anyone else. It is still a bit hard but I can do it.
One last info on ADD and ADHD. It is known for those people to not be able to focus! That is a lie! We can focus but on things we like. As me and the game Zelda. I can spend hours on it for a year if i wanted to with out the care in the world whats happening out side(I beat the game 4 times already and now i quit. I didnt play it for a year only for 2 months. I can beat the game in less then a day) It is almost like doing the same thing everday with out ever becoming board of it. So anyone else ADD and ADHD

05-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I can't even read that!

damnhooligan
05-12-2004, 07:29 PM
The deal with Ritalin is not that its ineffective, but that it's oft overprescribed. It doesn't work for everyone. There is no singular cure or miracle pill for medical problems like this.

ADHD and ADD comes in various degrees. Mild, moderate, severe, etc. My cousin has mild ADHD, remains unmedicated and is leading a happily productive life in the Air Force. Some people can overcome it without outside aid, some can't. It's just how things work, mate.

PS: Ritalin. Mention. Medicine. Dangerous.

Peanut
05-12-2004, 08:59 PM
PS: Ritalin. Mention. Medicine. Dangerous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Voltron
05-12-2004, 10:46 PM
My IQ just took a nose dive.

Meira-Bates
05-13-2004, 06:28 AM
No idea as I've never taken it, though I've apparently got mild ADD.

That Matt Guy
05-13-2004, 07:07 AM
Those are just made up disorders to sell pills.

Ryona
05-13-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the bit of knowledge, Naruto. It's always good to learn something new.

:)

That Matt Guy
05-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Man, how did you even decipher that mess?

Ryona
05-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Simple. I read from left to right, moving down, line by line.

:D

Meira-Bates
05-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Having sat and read the message more closely....what you are talking about at the end of that would be hyper focus, Naruto. A person focus so much on one thing that it's particularly hard to get thier attention. Lots of ADD folk (me included) have hyper focus and lack of focus interchangingly. Strangely enough, however, in a way to help me through my "fits" of inability to focus, I found that, somehow, drawing while listening to someone explaining something helps me remember everything better. Probably one of the reasons I had so much trouble in math classes.

Naruto
05-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Well thats something knew. I didnt know they had a name for that. Yeah I found myself having a hard time quiting anything that I like. I want to play my guitar more often but im so focused on reading fanfictions, the forums PC and Drome, and other fun sties, that I just completly forget that I wanted to play my guitar. This really puts me behind and just lets me suck at guitar longer then I should be sucking at it.

Voltron
05-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Man, how did you even decipher that mess?

Exactly. ADD is nothing a good ass kicking can't fix.