PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Robots

Wingnut
05-14-2004, 10:18 PM
I just had a memory of when then lady came to our school and gave us a speech on working at McDonalds and how cool it was and stuff. Well anyway towards the end she mentioned that in one of her McDonalds a robot put fries in the boxes...the creepy thing was that she had named the robot 'Archie.' I started thinking,what if Archie went berzerk and started killing poeple in the store with fry grease and ketchup packets. Now I never go into a McDonalds because im afraid that an Archie will start a rampage. Is anybody else this paranoid about robots?

05-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Can't say I am, though I do believe AI will eventually take over. Something's going to happen, I just know it.

Wingnut
05-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Well i don't take any chances around stuff that can be programmed. This new Will Smith movie "I Robot" isn't gonna help my fears either...

damnhooligan
05-15-2004, 12:39 AM
There has never been a better opportunity to exhibit my favourite video clip ever (http://www.robotcombat.com/video_oldglory_hi.html).

05-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Damn, that's a good video clip! :lol: :lol:

Because they're made of metal...

Wingnut
05-15-2004, 12:43 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Man,I forgot all about that. "And once they grab you with those metal claws,you can't break free. Because they're made of metal,and robots are strong."

GK Punk
05-15-2004, 12:54 AM
is that the clip from Mr Show? If so, it's f***ing hilarious.

Wingnut
05-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Its from SNL

GK Punk
05-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Oh, maybe I'm wrong. for some reason I remember something like that on Mr Show. :-?

Wingnut
05-15-2004, 01:00 AM
Thats one of my favorite SNL shorts ever.

damnhooligan
05-15-2004, 01:37 AM
It's my favourite SNL clip, with Shirt in a Can (http://henrygod.polysoft.com/entertainment/funnyclips/funnyclips.htm) (first video listed) at a close second.

"DAMNIT!"

That Matt Guy
05-15-2004, 02:33 AM
http://henrygod.polysoft.com/entertainment/funnyclips/funnyclips.htm

Holy **** they have Happy Fun Ball on there! Classic!

Voltron
05-15-2004, 08:09 AM
I've always been a fan of The Blue Oyster Cult's "Cow Bell" skit. Christopher Walken is hysterical in that.

05-15-2004, 09:30 AM
We need more cowbell!!

Voltron
05-15-2004, 10:04 AM
I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell.

kyabetsu
05-15-2004, 11:14 AM
heh. i've got the mp3 of that... you've gotta love Christopher Walken.

Wingnut
05-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Chris Walken is one of my favorite actors,if not my favorite.

kyabetsu
05-15-2004, 12:00 PM
okay... there's a comic with a GREAT rant about christopher walken vs. John Malkovich... unfortunately it's a INCREDIBLY mature... comic and i won't even risk posting an editted version of the thing, lest someone stumble onto the website and get traumatized for life....

however... i will type out the rant... with some judicious editting...

A good question, but the issue is more complex than simply who is the "CREEPIEST." I will give you the point that hands down, Christopher Walken IS INDEED more creepy than John Malkovich, but it's a different kind of creepy. Christopher Walken has that "Creepy Rage" vibe happening. It's like at any moment he could snap and lash out at you with supernatural powers. I could see him being able to suddenly overpower me and spank my bum, but that's not the same type of "Creepy" that John Malkovich possesses.

Malkovich has more of a "Stalker Creepy" kind of thing happening. He couldn't just overpower you and spank your bum like Walken could. Hell, even if he tried, I'd end up makin him MY b*tch. No, Malkovich will play spanking your bum out like a game of chess. It will be a complex and intricate plan that unfolds to the inevitable conclusion which is getting your bum spanked. In fact, you will likely KNOW that Malkovich is plotting to spank your bum, but you'll be completely helpless to do anything about it. He'll have calculated your every reaction. He'll have anticipated your every move, AND he'll have a well-crafted counter-move to frustrate your efforts. No, believe me, if Malkovich sets his mind to the task of spanking your bum, then rest assured my friend, your bum will be spanked and there won't be a damned thing at all to be done about that.

This, to me, is what makes John Malkovich, in a scenario that concludes with bum spanking far and away more creepy than Christopher Walken. This doesn't diminish Walken's overall creepiness, mind you. On the contrary, all things considered, I stand in firm conviction of my assertion that in the grand scheme of Creepy, Walken is King. However, purely from a bum spanking point of view, I would have to contend that John Malkovich is much more creepy than Christopher Walken, and I think, given the evidence, you would have to agree with me.

completely unnecessary punchline: Well argued my friend, but what the bloody HELL does that have to do with who's turn it is to buy the next round of DRINKS?!?!

if you're old enough and curious enough, pm me and i'll tell you what the TRUE verb is supposed to be.... i think it's a hell of a lot funnier to imagine.