PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest

Misfit
05-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Anyone else watching this? I think England's entry was really good, we deserve to win for once IMHO. Some of the other entries were good, most were rubbish, and some were just frightening! LOL. What do you think of this year's contest so far?

Barkworm
05-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Most stuff is crappy as usual.
Go Max! :D

Dinny
05-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I think that this is the worst thing that mankind has ever concocted and i only saw 5 seconds of the greek song while i was flicking through. That was enough to put me off for another year and the greek guy is apparently the favourite.

Misfit
05-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Not really surprised but it's such a fix. We've only got 5 points and all the countries are just voting for each other. It's such a joke now, I wish the UK would just get some bloody dignity and pull out.

Barkworm
05-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Apparently the people who actually spend their money on voting are complete morons. Otherwise Ukraine and Greece wouldn't have gotten so many points. It's not really surprising though.

Misfit
05-15-2004, 03:37 PM
What a piece of crap. All the countries just voted for their neighbours/friends (more so than usual, taking it to ridiculous levels). It's not about the talent anymore, it's just polotics now and it's sad. They should just axe the whole damn thing.[/quote]

Barkworm
05-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Cyprus: 12 pts. to Greece
Greece: 12 pts. to Cyprus (at least their song was good)
Germany: 12 pts to Turkey
Russia 12 pts. to Ukraine
etc. etc etc.
The winner song was ridiculous, just show some tits and you win. :roll:

Voltron
05-15-2004, 11:35 PM
This show sounds like it's going to cause another world war.

Anarky
05-16-2004, 10:33 AM
"best" of all was the austrian band. Either they're Nazis, or idiots. Or their stylists are idiots or nazis.

see this image

http://www.ndrtv.de/grandprix/news/images/sl2_oesterreich.jpg

now, notice the symbol on the guy's shirt. It's NOT that Aids-thing. It's a Rune. An Odal-rune to be exact.

Translation of that Rune: Belonging or Property
Used as: Symbol of the Hitlerjugend, Symbol of the now forbidden Naziorganizations "Bund nationaler Studenten" and "Wiking-Jugend"

Voltron
05-16-2004, 11:08 AM
That guy was quoted as saying: "If wearing this rune is wrong, I don't wanna be reicht. Get it guys? Guys...?"