PDA

View Full Version : High Fidelity - your alltime top 5

Anarky
05-17-2004, 02:28 PM
well, I just read the book High fidelity by Nick Hornby. Terrible book. Then I decided to watch the movie, so I just could entertain myself because books are usually better than the movie adaption. well, I was stunned. That movie was sooo brilliant. Man, the parts where he talked directly to the audience... pure genius. and John Cusack as Rob was a great choice. Oh, well I am going offtopic already .

uhm here it goes: what are your alltime desert island top 5 records. the records you really like, not the ones that are by your "fave band of the moment", the ones you really connected to, you really "love"

So here's mine (i Had to think for about 15 minutes)

It goes like: Band - Title: Reason

1. REM - Losing my religion: The "OST" of my parents' divorce
2. Fahnenflucht - Minderheit: a very deep song about our current social existences
3. Dropkick Murphys - 4 Dead cheerleaders: School is tough, no matter what others tell you.
4. Böhse Onkelz - Gute Freunde: "our song". The song that is played most in our flat. It kinda tells us, how important we are to each other, despite the recent loss.
5. Papa Roach - Thrown away pt. II: The first song I listened to after my "brother" dog died. we grew up together...

now, it's your turn...

Voltron
05-17-2004, 04:16 PM
I can't think of any...there's too many songs.

raphael_is_cool
05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
well, I just read the book High fidelity by Nick Hornby. Terrible book. Then I decided to watch the movie, so I just could entertain myself because books are usually better than the movie adaption. well, I was stunned. That movie was sooo brilliant.

I know a lot of people that think differently. I for one wasn't very impressed by the film

But anyway...Losing My Religion is a great song. I'd have to spend some real time thinking about this...

Brodie
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
1. Top O' The Mornin' To Ya', House Of Pain: It makes the idea of being Irish cool as hell. Not that it wasn't to begin with but it's just good.
2. Piece By Piece, Strata: It's the beat, it carries it, but the song itself is strong. The idea of tearing yourself apart, ripping seam after seam, then sewing yourself back up brand new is just cool.
3. Drop The Bombshell, Powerman 5000: This song carries any fight scene, ANY. I used it countless times in my own movies, and it's just a great song.
4. Tail Of The Sun, Stroke 9: This is the song to listen to when you get all down on youself, the first line "This is the summer that'll never come, like someone's holdin' on to the tail of the sun..." it just is like "Eff yeah."
5. Kick Some Ass, Stroke 9: Again, when youre sad or pissed, listen to this. It gets me all like, "Yeah, I'm All pissed, I DO want to kick some ass."

And just a side note, We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel could possibly be one of the greatest songs ever known to mankind.