PDA

View Full Version : G4<------------->and TechTv merging? why???

U2WaTCHer
05-17-2004, 07:36 PM
I know comcast bought g4 and tech tv but why? why can't they just leave it separate they were fine as they are? why make them one there sooooo dif in catagorys. oh well we will see wont we on may 28th! :P :roll:

05-17-2004, 07:37 PM
G4 has always been terrible, and now this is even worse. I hate Comcast and their stupid cable internet. Trashy!

ThirdMarioBro
05-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Money. It pisses me off. i like TechTV. Hopefully it won't change much. They better not screw with my Robot Wars.

U2WaTCHer
05-17-2004, 07:39 PM
remember its up to 3 times faster then dsl lol

Nosferatu
05-17-2004, 07:44 PM
I've been a loyal TechTV fan since late 2000 and this whole G4/TechTV merger has done nothing but piss me off.

I've heard they'll be keepin most of my favorite TechTV shows, at least, but I don't know if they'll be the same. Especially if they get rid of the hosts of those shows.

I was exposed to what G4 has to offer recently. They've been airing some of G4's stuff on TechTV to prepare people for what is to come. I must say that the hosts of G4's shows suck. They're cardboard hosts. They have no personality and I seriously doubt any of them played video games before they got those jobs, and I'm sure some of them still don't play games.

And the shows from G4 just suck. One show is all about watching other people play games. Yeah, that's a great show. There's nothing more entertaining than watching other people play video games. :|

G4 has been pissing off a lot of TechTV fans with what they've done or admitted to planning on doing. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. The number of angry TechTV fans is staggering.

If the idiots behind G4 don't stop irritating the loyal TechTV fans, I highly doubt there will be much of an audience after the merger.

U2WaTCHer
05-17-2004, 07:49 PM
so is leo and pat staying ? also what happend to that nerd boy from call for help? the one with the black curly hair?

ThirdMarioBro
05-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Man this sucks ass. I want back the old TechTV. :cry:
I'm gonna try to get on Call for Help before the change over.

Jo Dawn
05-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Man... this is too bad... I really like Tech TV...

GK Punk
05-17-2004, 10:58 PM
I made a post on this awhile back, but basically ZD determined that TechTV was losing money and it's ratings weren't high enough so they sold it to Comcast, who then decided to Merge it with that joke of a channel, G4TV.

So far it doesn't seem to be too bad, other than the fact that Call for help is being dropped. I'm hoping most of the hosts come over from TechTV. Especially Leo, he owns your soul. I know alot of the younger ones will, I just hope the rest will too.

ThirdMarioBro
05-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Damn, I get Digital Cable, and the network I got it for goes to hell. This blows.

So far it doesn't seem to be too bad, other than the fact that Call for help is being dropped. I'm hoping most of the hosts come over from TechTV. Especially Leo, he owns your soul. I know alot of the younger ones will, I just hope the rest will too.

F**K!
I Lovvvvve Call for Help. Well screw Digital Cable. No Call for Help, no Robot Wars, no Tech TV. End of that.

GK Punk
05-17-2004, 11:07 PM
here is the shows:

Anime Unleashed
Body Hits
Eye Drops
Fresh Gear
Future Fighting Machines
Invent This
Nerd Nation
Robot Wars
The Screen Savers
Thunderbirds
Unscrewed
X-Play
Arena
Cheat!
Cinematech
Electric Playground
Filter
G4TV.com
Icons
Judgment Day
Players
Portal
Pulse
Sweat

05-17-2004, 11:09 PM
The Screen Savers had Minibosses on one time. That was downright amazing hearing good quality video game music from them.

ThirdMarioBro
05-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Damn, wish I'd seen that.

At least they still have Robot Wars. Why the hell did they cancel Call for Help. It'll still suck without Leo &amp; Kat.

That Matt Guy
05-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Players
Portal
Pulse
Sweat

Those are shows? What kind of crap is that?

GK Punk
05-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Those are the G4 shows. :|
God I hate G4.

ThirdMarioBro
05-18-2004, 01:05 AM
I sat there today on the couch, and decided to watch Sweat. I thought it wouldn't be that bad. Then they actually were stupid enough to count down the "Top Ten Greatest Basketball Games of All Time". o they really think Gamers are that stupid? This blows, and so does G4 f***ing up TechTV.

That Matt Guy
05-18-2004, 01:08 AM
I've never even heard of it. But with shows titled "Sweat" and "Pulse" it's bound to be stupid.

GK Punk
05-18-2004, 01:10 AM
You hit the nail on the head.

Like every show features a host trying to act spontaneous and hyper. It's really, really annoying. G4TV.com and Icons are really the only shows on the channel worth a damn.

ThirdMarioBro
05-18-2004, 01:11 AM
It is stupid. The whole network is stupid.

GK Punk
05-18-2004, 01:12 AM
I like the random cosplayers they throw in though... I know a few of them.
But if I didn't know them, I'd probably hate them like I hate everything else G4 does.

U2WaTCHer
05-18-2004, 06:20 AM
so will leo and patric stay on tech tv? still

Wingnut
05-18-2004, 02:31 PM
The only good shows on G4 are Electric Playground,Jugment Day,and G4tv.com. And 2 of those shows are run by the same people...

Hannah
05-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Noooo! TechTV is beign ruined!!! ...Well, at least there's still the SciFi channel...

GK Punk
05-18-2004, 03:19 PM
so will leo and patric stay on tech tv? still

It's possible