PDA

View Full Version : My pain...

That Matt Guy
05-19-2004, 06:07 AM
I have to go to the doctor today, and have part of my big toe cut off because of an infection that is brewing underneath my toenail. I'm cursed with a mishapen toenail, which gets ingrown every few months and causes me a lot of pain, but this is the worst. But I'm even more terrified of what the Doc will do to my toe.

I don't know why I'm typing this... probably because I'm a big baby and I'm afraid of needles.

05-19-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Matt. Well, I'm afraid of bees, and they're pretty harmless if you leave them alone.

Jo Dawn
05-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Aww... I'm sorry to hear that, too, Matthew. I hope everything goes well. *hugs*

Hannah
05-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Oh, geeze. That's not good... I hope everything goes well for you. :)

Nosferatu
05-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Man. It's unfortunate it's come to this, but at least it'll get rid of the problem, right?

If you don't mind me asking, how much of the toe is going to be removed?

Here's hoping you heal fast and suffer little or none. Good luck.

damnhooligan
05-19-2004, 06:45 AM
My condolences on the loss of a portion of your big toe.

Sounds like you'll be off your feet for a while? It's a bitch, to say the least. I sprained my right knee and ankle last week, on top of having already crappy joints. Now I hobble around the house with a cane and can't even make it out of my flat and down the stairs without either a) ranger-rolling down or b) assistance.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery and lots of painkillers along the way!

The Defibrillator
05-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Ouch.

I have clean toes.

Meira-Bates
05-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Awww I hope it goes through alright. I have a strange disliking of needles myself. O.o Good Luck!

Anarky
05-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Matt, always remember that steeltoed boots hurt, no matter what :D

I hope you get well soon.

I once had a piece of glass in my foot and they had to cut it out. i didn't really feel anything, but I felt something moving inside my foot. If I had the choice I'd ask them to put me asleep as a whole and not just my leg...

Anarchistguy
05-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Matt, always remember that steeltoed boots hurt, no matter what :D

I hope you get well soon.

I once had a piece of glass in my foot and they had to cut it out. i didn't really feel anything, but I felt something moving inside my foot. If I had the choice I'd ask them to put me asleep as a whole and not just my leg...

I kinda had a similar surgery, but with my eyes...you see, up until 4 years ago, I was cross-eyed, but instead of putting me to sleep, the doctor chose to only "freeze" my eyes. It didn't hurt, more like streched.

Anarky
05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Oh, gawd! that's nasty. Noone, i repeat NOONE, messes around with my eye. and if they really have to, then they should put me asleep for good. UGH *shudder*

Anarchistguy
05-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Oh, gawd! that's nasty. Noone, i repeat NOONE, messes around with my eye. and if they really have to, then they should put me asleep for good. UGH *shudder*

But It was worth it. At least now I don't look like a freakin' chameleon.

Hannah
05-19-2004, 09:55 AM

But It was worth it. At least now I don't look like a freakin' chameleon.
Chameleons are cool.... :cry:

Anarky
05-19-2004, 09:56 AM
They once offered me to have my bad eye taken out (it is 99% blind and I'm not really attached to the other percent) but, I think I'll keep my left eye the way it is, reconsidering I kinda grew fond of that foggy blurry thing I see when I close my good eye...

Anarchistguy
05-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Do you wear an eye patch or something?

Hannah
05-19-2004, 09:58 AM
They once offered me to have my bad eye taken out (it is 99% blind and I'm not really attached to the other percent) but, I think I'll keep my left eye the way it is, reconsidering I kinda grew fond of that foggy blurry thing I see when I close my good eye...
Oh, do you have "Lazy Eye"?
I do... My left eye is half blind....

Anarky
05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
I don't quite know what lazy eye means, but I'll tell you the story.

apparently I was born with only one good eye, then at the age of three my parents noticed that i was cross-eyed. so they took me to a doctor who said and I kinda quote: "Sir, Madam, I'm very sorry to inform you but your child is blind [long Pause during which my parents were frozen in shock] on one eye that is."

well and it's been like that ever since.

Anarchistguy
05-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Suppose you got blind on both eyes. What would you do?

Anarky
05-19-2004, 10:07 AM
first: have revenge on all those who deserve it, then I'd drink myself to death, I think.

I had some eye-rash on my right eye last year. I was never ever so scared in my whole life...

MW8979
05-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I have to go to the doctor today, and have part of my big toe cut off because of an infection that is brewing underneath my toenail. I'm cursed with a mishapen toenail, which gets ingrown every few months and causes me a lot of pain, but this is the worst. But I'm even more terrified of what the Doc will do to my toe.

I don't know why I'm typing this... probably because I'm a big baby and I'm afraid of needles.

Why couldn't they just treat the infection with antibiotics? That usually works very well, especially with the advanced antibiotics of today. Amputation is not cool at all, even if it is miniscule.

raphael_is_cool
05-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Ow, sorry to hear that dude.
My dad had an ingrown toenail like that, except it just became a sort of stone like lump where the toenail would be, which is kinda gross

Voltron
05-19-2004, 12:38 PM
God speed...

That Matt Guy
05-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Just got back from the Doc, I go under the knife on Friday. Until then I have to apply a series of ointments and take some antibiotics. What really pisses me off about this whole thing is that my crappy Kroger insurance won't be paying a cent for any of this.

05-19-2004, 03:53 PM
OUCH that sucks. How much does all of this come to, if you don't mind me asking?

That Matt Guy
05-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't know yet, I've already spent over $200 though. I'll probably top off somewhere around $600-700.

05-19-2004, 03:59 PM
That's a lot of cash for cutting off part of your toe. I don't think I'm covered by my parents' insurance anymore, and I don't have a job (yet), so if I get terminally ill or have to undergo surgery, I'm screwed. My parents would probably pay for it, but I'd have to pay them back eventually. Anyway, I hope all goes well on Friday for you.

Jo Dawn
05-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Wow, Matthew, that's too bad about your insurance. But I really do hope everything goes well on Friday.

Hannah
05-19-2004, 06:02 PM
...Ouch....

Brodie
05-19-2004, 06:17 PM
The exact same thing with my toe happens every so often, not a big deal, they just cut the nail....But they're cutting the toe off?

That Matt Guy
05-19-2004, 06:34 PM
They're removing the complete nail and infected tissue.

azure turtle
05-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh man... ya have to suffer through this procedure and your insurance isn't paying for it? Sorry to hear that. :( I hope everything goes well on Friday.

Trunks
05-19-2004, 08:51 PM
that really sucks I wonder how long it will tack to heal hope its fast.

Voltron
05-20-2004, 01:29 PM
My grandfather had his toe amputated due to infection, as well. However, since he has diabetes, it refused to heal so he needed it bandaged for about two years. Odd thing is, it healed during the summertime, so my mother told him the ocean helped it heal. However, my cynical grandfather felt that the ocean healed his toe by mistake and in reality just wanted to kil him. So now, when we drive by the ocean he screams "It's comin to get me, that damn ocean is! I can feel my toe opening!"

Hannah
05-20-2004, 01:44 PM
My grandfather had his toe amputated due to infection, as well. However, since he has diabetes, it refused to heal so he needed it bandaged for about two years. Odd thing is, it healed during the summertime, so my mother told him the ocean helped it heal. However, my cynical grandfather felt that the ocean healed his toe by mistake and in reality just wanted to kil him. So now, when we drive by the ocean he screams "It's comin to get me, that damn ocean is! I can feel my toe opening!"
Uh, is your grandpa crazy? :|

Voltron
05-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Uh, is your grandpa crazy? :|

...yes he is. Still, he's the sanest among his ilk, which is very scarey.

Anarky
05-20-2004, 02:09 PM
.. but that kind of family members are just lovable. man, my grandmummy is just weird. here an example

GM: "I have never been so ill in my entire life"
Me: "well then I suggset you go see a doctor..."
GM: "NO! Never"

or when she writes short messages (she's got a new nokia cell for her birthday)... Like three languages mixed up, capitals and non capital letters, spelling mistakes are giving me a hard time getting what she actually is all about. I love her nontheless.

That Matt Guy
05-21-2004, 08:02 AM
The operation is complete. Everything went good, and after some paperwork and phone calls; my insurance is indeed paying for it. I'm just glad I finally got this done, it's been bothering me off and on for a long time. And thanks for all of your comments, I really appreciate them.

damnhooligan
05-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Hot damn, Matt. Best wishes for a good recovery. Do what I do: milk your injury for all the free favors, pity and milkshakes you can.

05-21-2004, 09:26 AM
That's good to hear. It all works out in the end, I'd say. Here's to a good recovery!

Relay
05-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Suck it up and take it like a man.

Jo Dawn
05-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh, Matthew, I'm glad everything went well! And especially to hear that your insurance is covering it. :) Very good. Now you just concentrate on feeling better! *hugs*

azure turtle
05-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Glad to hear that everything went well! And with your insurance covering everything, you can just sit back and relax. :)

Voltron
05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
The operation is complete. Everything went good, and after some paperwork and phone calls; my insurance is indeed paying for it. I'm just glad I finally got this done, it's been bothering me off and on for a long time. And thanks for all of your comments, I really appreciate them.

Aww...so Matt does have a soft side! How cute...