PDA

View Full Version : Shrek 2

Jo Dawn
05-20-2004, 06:40 AM
Okay, so how many people saw this? Was it any good? As good as the first? (if you liked the first one, that is. :wink: )

I'm hopefully going to see this soon, and wanna know what to expect.

Hannah
05-20-2004, 06:42 AM
I haven't seen it, it looks good though. Hah, Fiona's parents!

The Defibrillator
05-20-2004, 06:43 AM
Wow, this movie has been such a media whore for the past months.

I walked into 7-11 the other day, and all I saw were fat green people with goofy ears!

But, I want to see it anyway, since Shrek was so good.

Jo Dawn
05-20-2004, 06:50 AM
But, I want to see it anyway, since Shrek was so good.

*nods* I re-watched the first one over the weekend, and I'd forgotten how much I'd liked it. :) I'm definitly seeing this... I know I'll like it, but I'm seeing it with a guy friend (who really liked the first one, too) and was just wondering...

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 07:03 AM
The trailers were excellent, I'm really looking forward to this movie.

J Legault
05-20-2004, 07:10 AM
I'm looking forward to since the first was a big hit back in 2001.

It looks good. Since it has John Cleese doing the voice of Fionna's Father & Larry King will do the voice of the Ugly Stepsister as well.

I need to buy the Shrek DVD when I get the chance. II have movie on VHS only not on DVD. I'm not sure if I'll be able to see it this weekend, cause you know the theatures will be crowded on the first week of opening.

Shrek 2 along with Prisoner of Azkaban are the movies to see this summer :wink:

Hannah
05-20-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah, Prisoner of Azkaban is a must-see too... Although, has anyone else noticed how each movie is worse than the previous one? I mean, they're wearing muggle clothes at Hogwarts!

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 07:21 AM
2 and a 1/2 hours aren't enough to do a Harry Potter book justice. Period.

Hannah
05-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Especailly when they're introdoucing Sirius!!

Drtooth
05-20-2004, 08:09 AM
I love Shrek, and I am DYING to see this movie... but Shrek is freaking on EVERYTHING....

at 7-11, they have Shrek Slurpees... and at Burger King, they have Shrek Icees.... now if that isn't a conflict of interrest...

GK Punk
05-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I can't wait to see it. PUSS IN BOOTS! HOW FREAKIN' AWESOME IS THAT!!! :)

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 09:24 AM
I can't wait to see it. PUSS IN BOOTS! HOW FREAKIN' AWESOME IS THAT!!! :)
*donkey* "The role of annoying talking animal has already been taken!" :lol:

The Defibrillator
05-20-2004, 09:41 AM

Word.

BUT, the reason I'm so excited for Prisoner of Azkaban is that they got some new spaniard director. I didn't really enjoy the first two movies too much, but I saw some "behind the scenes" stuff for HP3 and the director seems great. Not to mention that all the actors are older and hopefully better at acting than before.

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 09:45 AM

Word.

BUT, the reason I'm so excited for Prisoner of Azkaban is that they got some new spaniard director. I didn't really enjoy the first two movies too much, but I saw some "behind the scenes" stuff for HP3 and the director seems great. Not to mention that all the actors are older and hopefully better at acting than before.
Yeah, he really seems to be cool. Even though I'm quite pessimistic about it. :|

Jephael
05-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I was just talking with my best friend (who just got back from a year-long trip to Europe) about possibly going to see it. I also want to go with him to see Spider-Man 2!

The Stryker
05-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Just Saw it.......

Awesome Simply Awesome, ALOT of transformations in that Movie.

But Puss in Boots Stole the Show away from Donkey And Shrek it kicked ass.

Go Antonio!

The Defibrillator
05-20-2004, 10:30 AM

Word.

Yeah, he really seems to be cool. Even though I'm quite pessimistic about it. :|

Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book in the series, so I really hope he does a good job with it..... We'll see June 4th.

Jo Dawn
05-20-2004, 11:58 AM

Totally agree with you there. Still... I can't wait to see this. I'll be there opening day. :D

As for running times, the one I'm worried about is Goblet of Fire, which is scheduled to come out October 18, 2005. There's gonna be alotta cuts on that one. They've already cut out the Dursley's. As long as they keep my favorite part (the fight after the Yule Ball) I'll be happy, though. :wink:

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 12:13 PM

Totally agree with you there. Still... I can't wait to see this. I'll be there opening day. :D

As for running times, the one I'm worried about is Goblet of Fire, which is scheduled to come out October 18, 2005. There's gonna be alotta cuts on that one. They've already cut out the Dursley's. As long as they keep my favorite part (the fight after the Yule Ball) I'll be happy, though. :wink:
They cut out the Dursleys? So we won't see that hilarious scene where Arthur comes through the chimney and Vernon throws all the stuff at him? I wish they had realized the idea of splitting "Goblet" in two movies.

Hannah
05-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Damn them! They cut out one of the funniest parts! You set me up! You set me up!...

Jo Dawn
05-20-2004, 12:17 PM

They cut out the Dursleys? So we won't see that hilarious scene where Arthur comes through the chimney and Vernon throws all the stuff at him? I wish they had realized the idea of splitting "Goblet" in two movies.

I know! That part woulda been great!! I also think that two GoF movies would have been better than cutting all this down...

Uh... and back on topic, just from seeing the commercials I can tell that Puss in Boots is gonna be really funny. :)

Hannah
05-20-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm making a Harry Potter thread... XD

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Saw it yesterday at 2:30. It's a good film, and it's funny, but is just missing something...I dunno, it doesn't feel quite so magical anymore.

3 out of 4 stars.

Jo Dawn
05-20-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm making a Harry Potter thread... XD

Good idea. I was just contemplating splitting this thread, lol. :)

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm looking forward to since the first was a big hit back in 2001.

It looks good. Since it has John Cleese doing the voice of Fionna's Father & Larry King will do the voice of the Ugly Stepsister as well.

I need to buy the Shrek DVD when I get the chance. II have movie on VHS only not on DVD. I'm not sure if I'll be able to see it this weekend, cause you know the theatures will be crowded on the first week of opening.

Shrek 2 along with Prisoner of Azkaban are the movies to see this summer :wink:

Cleese, it had to be Cleese...

Anarky
05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Don't start. Please

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-20-2004, 05:11 PM
It had to be cleese.

And he does a damn good job in the role.

Sadako*sCranes
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
I want to watch Shrek 2 mostly to see Puss In Boots! He can kick Garfield's butt for best CGI orange cat with brown stripes of the year! :nod: *hugs her action figure that is the spitting (hairball) image of Puss In Boots* :D

Brodie
05-20-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm surprised TMNT 157 hasn't ransacked this thread.

I didn't much care for Shrek 1, it was funny, but a watch once thing. Second looks ok.

Drtooth
05-21-2004, 09:40 AM
I want to watch Shrek 2 mostly to see Puss In Boots! He can kick Garfield's butt for best CGI orange cat with brown stripes of the year! :nod: *hugs her action figure that is the spitting (hairball) image of Puss In Boots* :D

Ugh... don't get me started on Garfield... the words unbelieveable disappointment and spitting on a waisted youth come to mind.

Oh well... at least we'll see a DVD of specials and a Boxed set of G&F....

Anarchistguy
05-21-2004, 04:04 PM

Ugh... don't get me started on Garfield... the words unbelieveable disappointment and spitting on a waisted youth come to mind.

What's wrong with Garfield?...

Jo Dawn
05-21-2004, 06:34 PM

What's wrong with Garfield?...

I believe he's talking about the Garfield live action/CGI movie coming out soon.

Unless that's what you're talking about, too...

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-22-2004, 06:08 PM
I badgered my parents into seeing Shrek 2 tomorrow, so I'll be seeing it for the seecond time.

Hannah
05-22-2004, 06:20 PM
oh man, Garfield is gonna suck. Period.

The Stryker
05-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Any Completely CG-Animal Movie will be better than Scooby-Doo at this point and Garfield has ALWAYS Been funnier than Scoob

But Spongebob The Movie and Anchorman (with will ferrel) will be the next funny movies of this year

Hannah
05-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Any Completely CG-Animal Movie will be better than Scooby-Doo at this point and Garfield has ALWAYS Been funnier than Scoob
How dare they ruin Scrappy in that? :cry:

rayfillet101
05-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Back on topic. I saw Shrek 2 on Friday. It was awsome. At first I was a bit weary thinking this wasnt so hot, but it got better and wicked funny. I think because it doesnt have a nonstop jokes makes it loose some appeal. They actually tried Drama! some, not much. but there is many adult jokes that you will pick up on. Go see it, its deffinatly worth it. Im begging my parents to go see it, Im thinking of seeing it a grand total of 3 or 4 times in the theatre. I've seen Shrek about 200 times.

Mobius One
05-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Yuck, I can't stand harry Potter. I didn't like the first two, so I won't like/ even bother seeing the third.

I haven't seen Shrek in a while, and I only saw it once, but I liked it. I am actually oing to see the second one tonight, and it looks good.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Saw Shrek 2 again today, at 3 'o clock sharp. Just as good the second time, but obviously the jokes aren't nearly as funny. I think I'll stop at two theater viewings this time, unless someone offers to bring me and pay.

Mind you, I saw the original Shrek around 6 times in theatres.