PDA

View Full Version : Moving

Hannah
05-20-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm moving from my house.. and I've spent all my life that I can remember in this house... :cry: Actually, there are a few scenes I remember from another house.. but who gives a shell about that?
Guess what... I'm moving across the street. It may sound funny, but it's very convenient. No changing schools, no being made fun of by MORE people, and no annoying 5th grade neighbors! (They're not allowed to cross the street :anime: ) The house is okay, it's much larger, my room won't be the size of a bathroom anymore, and I'll have cool 50s striped wallpaper in my new room. But there's a really bad part: seeing other people living in my old house, their children finding the clubhouse built behind the bushes/trees in front of the house (It's hidden), and seeing them growing up where I did just a few months ago.. It sound selfish, but that house was my whole world... I wasnt allowed to go anywhere else. I built the clubhouse myself, I climbed the "Big Tree" and put the marker up there when I was eight, I even helped build the porch addition onto the back of the house. Seeing some little kids ruining it will hurt...

Jo Dawn
05-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Aww... *hugs Kenai* But, you know... maybe seeing them enjoy what you also enjoyed won't be so bad! But still, you're getting a cool new, bigger room!

I hope it all works out well for you. :)

Voltron
05-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Oh well. Hold on to memories, Kenai. Someday it's all any of us will really have.

05-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear that, Kenai. Like Voltron said, memories are good to have, and will keep you strong.

Hannah
05-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Aww... *hugs Kenai* But, you know... maybe seeing them enjoy what you also enjoyed won't be so bad! But still, you're getting a cool new, bigger room!

I hope it all works out well for you. :)
Aw, thank JD. :)

Oh well. Hold on to memories, Kenai. Someday it's all any of us will really have.
I will. :wink:

Sorry to hear that, Kenai. Like Voltron said, memories are good to have, and will keep you strong.
Yeah, but I'll be staring across the street at the house, memories wont be so hard to keep. :wink:

The Stryker
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
EDIT by Ai-chan: Don't troll...

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/TheFatedBattle/Edit_or_Lock_Picture.jpg

05-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Stryker...stop.

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 01:47 PM
It kinda seems like you want to get your ass banned.

Voltron
05-20-2004, 01:52 PM
It kinda seems like you want to get your ass banned.

My thoughts exactly.

Hannah
05-20-2004, 01:53 PM
What's with you today, Stryker?

Barkworm
05-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Did you see his sig? :roll:

Anarky
05-20-2004, 02:05 PM
well not paying attention to his sig, I'd say his house burnt down in 1997 due to some electrical malfunction. what I actually read from that post was: "There are harder things than just moving. At least you can take the things you love with you"

jeff the cheff
05-20-2004, 02:11 PM
It will be nice to see the kids moving there have some memories like you did...and you will get to move away from the black car! :D

damnhooligan
05-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Moving really isn't so bad. I've moved about 15 times in my life so far, and have far more to come. I usually go crazy-go-nuts and decorate, paint and have a blast rearranging most everything I own. It's become a ritual with me, and I'm so used to it now, that I can't live anywhere more than 2 or so years before I get the urge to move again.

Think about it this way: Your new house is like a blank canvas. Build a new better treehouse. Doll up your room the way you want to. A change of pace may be more refreshing than you think.

Anarky
05-20-2004, 02:37 PM
It will be nice to see the kids moving there have some memories like you did...and you will get to move away from the black car! :D

how do you define across the street? :D

Moving really isn't so bad. I've moved about 15 times in my life so far, and have far more to come. I usually go crazy-go-nuts and decorate, paint and have a blast rearranging most everything I own. It's become a ritual with me, and I'm so used to it now, that I can't live anywhere more than 2 or so years before I get the urge to move again.

what did the angry beavers call it? in german that urge was defined as "Schrunz" [pronounced: shroonz]

MTN889
05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
well not paying attention to his sig, I'd say his house burnt down in 1997 due to some electrical malfunction. what I actually read from that post was: "There are harder things than just moving. At least you can take the things you love with you"

Keep in mind... stryker could be lying.... to dig for sympathy, like a lot of forumers out there do... like poor rants for example.

Nosferatu
05-20-2004, 06:01 PM
That's too bad, Kenai. But it could be worse for you. At least you still have the memories.

Besides, you were probably going to move from there someday, right? I guess it's better to move from there now instead of later when you've grown even more attached to it.

Ditto. I've lived in about 12 different places in one town throughout my life. Because of that, I tend to get really bored with a place if I'm there for too long. My last home was a home for about four years. Man, I was bored of that place before I moved.

The Defibrillator
05-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Stop Being a Baby....Atleast your Home for you Whole life basically wasn't destroyed in front of you...

Cheap....Electrical Wiring my ass....I lost everything...i don't even know if i existed before 1997...no pictures or anything.. *Snaps*

Whoa, there. Chill out, phoolio.

Ai or JD, I suggest you change his sig (if you can) to "I love you , you love me, we're a happy family"

ThirdMarioBro
05-20-2004, 06:16 PM
KenaI, if it's special to you, than why not move the clubhouse with you?

Hannah
05-20-2004, 07:24 PM
It's nailed to the tree. It will fall apart if you take it off. :|

05-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Stop Being a Baby....Atleast your Home for you Whole life basically wasn't destroyed in front of you...

Cheap....Electrical Wiring my ass....I lost everything...i don't even know if i existed before 1997...no pictures or anything.. *Snaps*

Whoa, there. Chill out, phoolio.

Ai or JD, I suggest you change his sig (if you can) to "I love you , you love me, we're a happy family"

If only we could... :cry:

Nosferatu
05-21-2004, 02:44 AM
It's nailed to the tree. It will fall apart if you take it off. :|

Well, would you rather take it down yourself or possibly watch the people that'll be moving in take it down.

At least if you take it down yourself you don't have to watch someone else rip it up.

Relay
05-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Moving sucks no matter if it is across the street or across the country. All that packing is annoying. Then you have to spend a day or two actually getting everything from one place to another. Once you get where you're going, you have to unpack everything. You usually end up losing some stuff during the move no matter how hard you try not to. Not to mention you have to get used to a new city/state/school/etc. if you move far enough away. It's just an all-around pain in the ass.