PDA

View Full Version : Gadget & The Gadgetinis

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Alot of television shows from the 80's and early 90's have been redone, Gadget & The Gadgetinis has to be by far the worst, and this is coming from a guy who grew up watching Inspector Gadget. Supposibly set years after the events of the original Gadget series, Gadget & The Gadgetinis plays off as follows, Gadget no longer works for the Metro City Police Department, he now works for the US military which means he now takes orders from Colonel Nozzaire (That's right , no more Chief Quimby and self-destructing messages, sorry), and as Gadget has been promoted he now answers to the name Lieutenant Gadget, not Inspector Gadget. Brain is no longer in this one, instead Penny has built two miniture identical robots called Figget and Digget (Robots modelled on Lieutenant Gadget himself). Don't even get me started on the animation, you thought the Warner Bros turtles were bad? You ain't seen crappy till you've seen till you've seen the animation of the new show. Where as shows like Ninja Turtles 2003 have greatly enhanced the animation, Gadget and The Gadgetinis doesn't even try to improve it's images, Dr. Claw alone looks like an Empire Zerg reject. I always loved Mad Cat, here I can't stand to look at him! Oh and remember that car we all knew and loved, Go Go Gadgetmobile, a vehicle that could be either a van or a police sports car? Here it looks like some one tried to build a Chevy Bel Air replica from a sunken speed boat! No it doesn't turn into a van, nor does it look anything like the GadgetMobile from the old show. I used to love the theme song, used to sing it when the intro started, did they even bother to use the original theme? No, they subject us to a 'song' that sounds like it was sung by a numb-mouthed drunk! If you want to vomit, go ahead.

In short verdict, it is such a pitty, no, a crime that after all these years they allow the rights of such a wonderful show to fall into the hands of a bunch of no-talent hacks and let them create a new Gadget show stripped of everything that made the original such a joy to watch. :evil: Terribly disapointing.

ThirdMarioBro
05-20-2004, 06:04 PM
True in all respects. That series sucked beyond belief. Thankfully, they're releasing the original on DVD in a month and a half. :D

Anarchistguy
05-20-2004, 06:13 PM
I can't believe they got rid of Brain...DiC REALLY sucks as of late...

Anyway, I think I once saw an episode of the original that wasn't quite like the others...Gadget had a mustache, the drawings were CRUDE (Penny looked like a chinese for God's sake), the episode happened in winter. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Even the intro song was different (visually speaking).

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
I think that was the original episode.

Thankfully, they're releasing the original on DVD in a month and a half. :D

That's news to me :o I'll be sure to get my copy.

Anarchistguy
05-20-2004, 06:18 PM

meaning...?

Brodie
05-20-2004, 06:18 PM
anyone have any pictures?

ThirdMarioBro
05-20-2004, 06:19 PM
It was the pilot episode I think.

Anarchistguy
05-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Did it have a title?

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 06:25 PM

meaning...?

The first episode (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-2412/epid-177938/)

That Matt Guy
05-20-2004, 06:25 PM
I've never heard of it... did it even have Don Adams as the voice of Gadget?

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
No, Maurice LaMarche played Gadget in the new series, you can tell it's phony.

Anarchistguy
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
... :|

I don't really see Gadget speaking with Egon Spengler's toon voice.

So what you're trying to say, Jarrah, is that the "new" Gadget show was just some way for DiC to get money off the Inspector Gadget franchise?

BTW, thanks for the info...

ThirdMarioBro
05-20-2004, 06:45 PM
It's not that new. It came out in the late 90s.

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Actually, the Gadget & The Gadgetinis show is made by
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Disney :evil: .

Anarchistguy
05-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Disney...WTF??? Still, this show was nothing but a money making scheme, right?

That Matt Guy
05-20-2004, 06:52 PM
No, Maurice LaMarche played Gadget in the new series, you can tell it's phony.

Doesn't surprise me, Don Adams is pretty old so he probably couldn't do it.

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Well how'd you ever guess?

ThirdMarioBro
05-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Damn Disney. Money grubbing idiots. Oh well...

Anarchistguy
05-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah...those live action movies they made weren't masterpieces either.

Jarrah White
05-20-2004, 07:33 PM
I only saw the first movie.

The Stryker
05-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Why Is Gadget So Celebrated? He's Dumb, he never gets anything done right!

Shame on you Mr.Gadget for all your failures, If I need a Man with a Helicoptor in his Head I will Call you but for now, I bid you Adieu

Jarrah White
05-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Why Is Gadget So Celebrated? He's Dumb, he never gets anything done right!

Maybe because his show was a straight spoof of all the spy flicks, it was funny, and it rocked! A dog and a girl that was always smarter than the so-called hero, a criminal organisation with a Blofeldish leader, and enough gadgetry to make Q, R, Smithers, and Donatello all jealous. It even had Don Adams (from Get Smart) play Inspector Gadget. How can you not love a man who has it all, Go Go Gadget Copter, Go Go Gadget Laser, Go Go Gadget Arms, Go Go Gadget Cuffs, Go Go Gadget This, Go Go Gadget That. Penny and Brain even had their own gizmos, commumications wristwatch/dog colar and Penny's computer book. Not to mention the GadgetMobile, the car was one of those icons, Alec Sects has his G-6155 Intercepter, James Bond has his Aston Martin, BatMan has the BatMobile, and Inspector Gadget has a vehicle that can be either a van or a cop car at the shift of a gear stick. And who could forget those notes that would always blow up in Chief Quimby's face "This message will self-destruct in thirty seconds" :lol:

I am not afraid to admit that when I was a child and saw Inspector Gadget, I decided to give it a shot, you know, creating my own Gadget persona. Ah the memories.

Drtooth
05-21-2004, 09:07 AM
You know... as bad as it is, I REALLY want to see it. It's unfair that the Damn thing dosen't come here, but we get a second Sabrina the Teenage Witch show (BOOOOOO!!!!!)

Don is pretty old, and I've heard Maurice's Gadet before (In fact, he's been voicing Gadget ever since the Christmas Special from 1993, but Alternating with Don)

However, Inspector Gadget's Feild trip is being rerun. it's very bland, and it doesn't satisfy my gadget fix, but they do work in a lot of "Get Smart" refferences.

I saw the animate Movie (actually, I have the DVD... a christmas present) it wasn't as good as the original series, but it was leaps and bounds over the Damn Disney version... they didn't even get the name of the TOWN right (Riverton my shell.... it's METROCITY named after the town from AstroBoy, I assume) Oy Vey... and Mathew Broderrick? What were they thinking (Clearly It had to be Tony Shaloub)

And what's this DVD of which you speak? Region 1? When?

damnhooligan
05-21-2004, 09:52 AM
This is blasphemy. My childhood is barrel-rolling in its grave. To this day, I still quote "I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIME!" in Dr Claw-fashion whenever I am thwarted.

Bastardizing Inspector Gadget (the live-action movies aside) is bad enough, but heaven help me if anyone dares touch the brilliance that is Dangermouse.

Jo Dawn
05-21-2004, 11:26 AM
... and Mathew Broderrick? What were they thinking (Clearly It had to be Tony Shaloub)

Tony Shaloub... he would've been an awesome Gadget.

Bastardizing Inspector Gadget (the live-action movies aside) is bad enough, but heaven help me if anyone dares touch the brilliance that is Dangermouse.

Heh... Dangermouse ruled... :)

Drtooth
05-21-2004, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't worry so much about a Bastardised Inspector Gadget.... I mean, they already did that. It's called "Gadgetboy and Heather." YUCK!

Anarchistguy
05-21-2004, 01:37 PM
I remember that show...GOOD LORD!!! if only I could vomit online...

Jarrah White
05-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Gadget Boy?! That's news to me!

Voltron
05-21-2004, 03:48 PM
This is blasphemy. My childhood is barrel-rolling in its grave. To this day, I still quote "I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIME!" in Dr Claw-fashion whenever I am thwarted.

I know! Why do people produce these horrible remakes of classic, holy shows? I used to watch that show religiously! My cousin bought a hermit crab last year just so he could name it Dr. Claw! Disney, you monster! Is there nothing you hold sacred, you souless beast!?

Jarrah White
05-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Disney, you monster! Is there nothing you hold sacred, you souless beast!?
You took the words out of my mouth!

05-21-2004, 03:51 PM
What they hold sacred is their amusement parks and hordes of money. I used to respect Disney, because they had some classic...CLASSIC movies in the past, and their art for the cartoon movies was really good, but they've been slipping up lately.

Anarchistguy
05-21-2004, 03:52 PM
So far, the only "remake" that's considered good is TMNT 2003, brought to us by 4Kids. of all companies...

Voltron
05-21-2004, 03:53 PM
What they hold sacred is their amusement parks and hordes of money. I used to respect Disney, because they had some classic...CLASSIC movies in the past, and their art for the cartoon movies was really good, but they've been slipping up lately.

Their art was unsurpassed by almost if not any studio in the world. Walt Diseny was a very respectable man; however, the people who took over for him were evil sacks of crap.

Jarrah White
05-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Can you imagine what Turtles would be like if Disney got ahold of it...?

05-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Wasn't a lot of the art done by Korean artists? Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I remember Voltron telling me something about that.

Anarchistguy
05-21-2004, 03:56 PM
That's right, Ai. It's made by Dong Woo aniimation.

Yeah, and ALL of Disney's animated movies are basically the same story but with different characters...

05-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I see. Yeah, those guys are incredible. But then they started incorporating CG into these movies. Now, I'm all for CG, but it doesn't always work along with animated films. I've seen it done well in a few animes, but only because it was a futuristic anime and it was well-worked into the animation.

Anarchistguy
05-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Yep...I too started to notice that CGI is being used in 2D animation. Most of the time it looks cheap.

ZariusTwo
05-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Inspector Gadget...one of THE greatest cartoons ever, no contest, and whilst I HATE "Gadget Boy", which was retarded BEYOND forgivness, I LIKED the first film, and "Gadget's Last Case"

"Gadget and the Gadgetinies" is'nt THAT bad, but it sure as hell ain't the Inspector Gadget we like, or expect, from Disney

Voltron
05-21-2004, 09:38 PM

Yes, they'd resolve all their problems through music and dance.

The Stryker
05-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Gadget Was just Get Smart all Over again, it was good but if you watch both of them you'll notice it

Same Villian
Same Hero but with tons of Gadgets
Same Voice for the Hero

It was Better than Sonic Underground

Jo Dawn
05-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Gadget Was just Get Smart all Over again, it was good but if you watch both of them you'll notice it

Same Villian
Same Voice for the Hero

Yeah... But I loved Get Smart, so... :wink: :)

Anarchistguy
05-22-2004, 08:14 PM

Same Villian
Same Voice for the Hero

It was better than Sonic Underground

that's not saying much considering ANYTHING is better that Sonic Underground.

ZariusTwo
05-22-2004, 08:41 PM

Same Villian
Same Voice for the Hero

It was Better than Sonic Underground

Will you shut up? Gadget is equally as funny as Get Smart and is ten times better than nearly every current cartoon and "mainstream" anime being shoved down our throats right now.

You have no taste if you blast Gadget.

05-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey, hey, let's not go to the extreme, Zarius. He has a right to his opinion, and you don't have to agree with it, but let's not get hostile over it.

ZariusTwo
05-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey, hey, let's not go to the extreme, Zarius. He has a right to his opinion, and you don't have to agree with it, but let's not get hostile over it.

This is the SECOND post he's made in this thread dissing Gadget, he's trying to force his opinion down our throats as if it's fact.

05-22-2004, 08:50 PM
As long as you don't think it's fact, why should you even bother? It's not like he's going to change his mind. Just let him be, it causes less trouble that way.

ZariusTwo
05-22-2004, 08:53 PM
As long as you don't think it's fact, why should you even bother? It's not like he's going to change his mind. Just let him be, it causes less trouble that way.

Yeah, I just hate it when people like him don't stop expressing their disgust of superiror cartoons, they don't have to say it twice, they made thier opnion heard already

05-22-2004, 08:56 PM
I understand how you feel, but as a keeper of the peace (I'm trying to keep this place as calm as possible), I'd like to avoid any kind of conflict. Besides, Stryker has been a little...hot-headed as of late. I would just leave him alone for a while.

EDIT: I've been known to be a hypocrite myself. I respect people's opinions, but sometimes I lash out when someone hates something computer-related...

The Stryker
05-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I wasn't Bashing Gadget in any way i was just stating a opinion that it was just like Get Smart

Ok? Are we all friends now? Good

Straight Outta Compton!

Jarrah White
05-23-2004, 01:04 AM
I wasn't Bashing Gadget in any way i was just stating a opinion that it was just like Get Smart

Maybe that's because it was a straight spoof of Get Smart.

ZariusTwo
05-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Gadget is a spoof of get Smart, not to mention it pays homage to a lot of other references to many Spy films and Spy cartoons that came before it.

Barkworm
05-23-2004, 02:31 PM

Yes, they'd resolve all their problems through music and dance.
That was my dream when I was a kid, I even made up songs... :goofygri:

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Most modern remakes of classic cartoons suck. The new generations don't understand the magic that made the originals so special, and the result is a series that has no relation to the original, and drives off the old fanbase. That's why Gadgetiens sucks so greatly as compared to the original Gadget.
If the animation companies would realize that the old fans would watch, and quit trying to change everything to appeal to only the younger audience, then sequels might be a little better. The new TMNT is one of those VERY few examples that appeals to both. It moves into the future without forgeting where it came from.

Jarrah White
05-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Well said, ThirdMarioBro. TMNT is one of the very few shows that have surpased their originals.

ZariusTwo
05-24-2004, 12:01 PM
"Surpassed" my ass.

It's EQUALLY as good as the original.

It's like how Beast Wars is equally as good as Generation One

Jarrah White
05-26-2004, 05:09 AM
... and Mathew Broderrick? What were they thinking (Clearly It had to be Tony Shaloub)

I had no problem with Matthew Broderick, who's Tony Shaloub? While on the subject of Broderick, am I the only one who finds it interesting that Broderick has two cartoon versions of himself (Neither of them look like their silver screen counterpart of course but they are the same character) One of these cartoon Brodericks is Inspector Gadget, and the other one is Nick Tatopoulos. Can you imagine the man who controls The King Of Mutants as Inspector Gadgets? :lol:

damnhooligan
05-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Tony Shalhoub (http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001724/&e=912) currently plays detective Adrian Monk on the TV show "Monk". I'll always remember him as Antonio from "Wings".

He's got a fantastic acting range, and is a master with accents. I don't doubt he could have made a smashing Inspector Gadget. Then again, I'm biased. He's one of my favourite actors.

On a different note, my husband looks EXACTLY like Matthew Broderick, ala Ferris Bueller. It's frightening.

Jarrah White
05-26-2004, 05:41 AM
And I look like Leonardo DiCaprio, guess we should all be on the celeberaty lookalike show! No matter how many times I look at Broderick, I always see his Godzilla cartoon character...

ZariusTwo
05-26-2004, 06:31 AM

I had no problem with Matthew Broderick, who's Tony Shaloub? While on the subject of Broderick, am I the only one who finds it interesting that Broderick has two cartoon versions of himself (Neither of them look like their silver screen counterpart of course but they are the same character) One of these cartoon Brodericks is Inspector Gadget, and the other one is Nick Tatopoulos. Can you imagine the man who controls The King Of Mutants as Inspector Gadgets? :lol:

Err...Broderick's Gadget is NOTHING like the cartoon version, I hope to go you were kidding when you said that

Jarrah White
05-26-2004, 06:46 AM
I know there's a difference between the cartoon and live action Gadget. All I said was I find it interesting that Broderick plays the live action version of two different cartoon characters.

ZariusTwo
05-26-2004, 04:58 PM
I know there's a difference between the cartoon and live action Gadget. All I said was I find it interesting that Broderick plays the live action version of two different cartoon characters.

The movie version is'nt remotley like the Gadget and the Gadgetinies version either, he plays a completly new character with Gadget's abilities.

It's like Dr. Claw (what kind of retard called him "Scolex?" in the film?) having a face in the movie, Claw was never suppsoed to have a face.

(And no, don't bother counting the classic toy version of Claw, if it's not seen on the cartoon, it ain't him)

Jarrah White
05-26-2004, 05:08 PM
For once I agree with you, I too was unset by Claw's face in the film. He didn't look scary or anything. I remember there used to be drawing competitions, where people got to drew what they think Claws face would look like. It was always a mystery. Who did the casting in that film? Rupert Everett ain't exactly Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

I was also upset that they changed the name's of everything, Scolex Industries instead of M.A.D.? That's like changing the name of the Foot Clan! And what happened to the self-destructing telegrams and Gadgetmobile's van mode?

Anarchistguy
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Zarius, you seem like the most fit to answer this question...

It's about the ORIGINAL (not syndicated) version of the episode Gadget in Winterland. I'm pretty sure there was a different intro song(visually speaking) and that the mustache he had in the episode was REAL. Do you know ANYTHING about that?

ZariusTwo
05-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Zarius, you seem like the most fit to answer this question...

It's about the ORIGINAL (not syndicated) version of the episode Gadget in Winterland. I'm pretty sure there was a different intro (visually speaking) and that the mustache he had in the episode was REAL. Do you know ANYTHING about that?

Ah yes, Gadget in Winterland was one of the early pilot episodes, Gadget had a moustache for that one and only episode for that specific reason.

It was mostly made as a quick presentation to the networks, but the original version can be seen sometimes.

Anarchistguy
05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
But have you seen the intro song of that episode? I'm SURE it was different. I think I saw Gadget dodging a MAD taxi coming right at him in it. I can't remember much since I saw it 12 years ago

ZariusTwo
05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
But have you seen the intro song of that episode? I'm SURE it was different. I think I saw Gadget dodging a MAD taxi coming right at him in it.

Yup, I saw it

Anarchistguy
05-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Was the part I mentioned in it? (Last question, I swear :D )

ZariusTwo
05-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Was the part I mentioned in it? (Last questions, I swear)

Hence why I said "Yup I saw it"

It was there