PDA

View Full Version : I was on TechTV!!!!!!!!

ThirdMarioBro
05-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Today I called Screen Savers on All Call Friday and got through :o . I asked them my question, and they said they'd call back if they used my question on the show. 45 minutes later, they called back, and said I'd be on in 3 1/2 minutes. :sick: :o
I got my question ready in my head and listened. You could hear the show (minus the commercials which were replaced with elevator/rap music) live with Patrick and Josh talking to people through the phone. They finished with the guy before me, and then said "next on the phone we have Lucas from Tulsa, Oklahoma". I managed to forget it was a TV show and just talked normally. That was just freaking amazing!
I believe the show was being taped live, but will air some time next week. Most likely Friday. Anyway, I was on during a Lighting round, and my name is Lucas. Man that was awesome. :D :D :D :D :D :D

05-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool. What exactly is Screen Savers about, anyway? I only remember Minibosses being on there, and I watched their segment.

Voltron
05-21-2004, 05:12 PM
We get tech tv? I've never managed to find it's channel.

05-21-2004, 05:14 PM
I really don't think we get TechTV. I watched it on the internet. Why don't we get TechTV, anyway? I mean, we get G4 (I think, I don't have digital cable). I guess we'll be "getting" it soon enough.

ThirdMarioBro
05-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool. What exactly is Screen Savers about, anyway? I only remember Minibosses being on there, and I watched their segment.
It's basically just a tech show where they answer calls, and do computing news ect. They showed how to mod GameCubes and Xbox's and every PC mod known to man. It's a great show.

Anarky
05-21-2004, 05:17 PM
whoa, that's great. I mean, being on Telly is something special

I was on a quiz show once, along with my class. we were like 11 there. Anyway, I got most of the questions right :D

Voltron
05-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I really don't think we get TechTV. I watched it on the internet. Why don't we get TechTV, anyway? I mean, we get G4 (I think, I don't have digital cable). I guess we'll be "getting" it soon enough.

G4 has three shows I think. It's this guy who you can tell was one of those preppy nerds in school, so he just annoys the hell out of you. The rest of channel is nothing shots from Tony Hawk games, or clips of Everquest voiced over by some idiot.

ThirdMarioBro
05-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Best discription ever.

05-21-2004, 05:18 PM
The more I hear about G4, the more I think it's such a waste. The only audience is those casual gamers that have nothing else better to watch. What a terrible channel. I'm glad I don't have it.

Jo Dawn
05-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Cool! Congradualtions, ThirdMarioBro! :)

ThirdMarioBro
05-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Thank you. :)

Nosferatu
05-22-2004, 12:41 AM
That's awesome, man. I'll be listening for you if I see the episode. :wink:

Hannah
05-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Congratulations!!

..Friday as in yesterday? If so, I missed it. :cry:

Meira-Bates
05-22-2004, 06:14 AM
I was on the news twice while I was in Okinawa...funny thing is both times I managed to be there unknowingly in the background. One time I was in the grocery story with my mom and the news broadcast showed us in the back ground and we were just going along with our normal shoping, no a clue at all that someone was taping news there. The other time, I don't remember but it was something for my school. O.o I'm sure being on tv purposefully is much cooler. ^.^

I should have been in the news paper purposefully once but I wasn't....My sisters, my friend, her big brother, and me were at the boy once and saw a little Japanese boy drownding. We all worked togehter to save him, but for some reason all the reports gave my friend's big brother ALL the credit. O.o

Hannah
05-22-2004, 06:39 AM
I should have been in the news paper purposefully once but I wasn't....My sisters, my friend, her big brother, and me were at the boy once and saw a little Japanese boy drownding. We all worked togehter to save him, but for some reason all the reports gave my friend's big brother ALL the credit. O.o
That sucks.

ThirdMarioBro
05-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Congratulations!!

No, next Friday (I think)

Hannah
05-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Congratulations!!

Okay. :D

Relay
05-22-2004, 09:06 AM
That's awesome, ThirdMarioBro. I wish I got TechTV, so I could watch you on it.

jeff the cheff
05-22-2004, 06:05 PM
That sucks.
No it doesn't. They saved a kids life, I'm sure the recognition would have been nothing compared to saving a kid.

Thats awesome that you were on, I'll have to watch for your repeat. btw...what was your question and answer?

I once was on tv..public acsess tv. I prank phone called a call-in show. :lol:

Meira-Bates
05-22-2004, 07:01 PM
That sucks.
No it doesn't. They saved a kids life, I'm sure the recognition would have been nothing compared to saving a kid.

This much is very true...

Jo Dawn
05-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Congratulations!!

Hey, ThirdMarioBro. Send me a PM on Thursday, reminding me to watch. By Friday, my brain is usually shot at work. I wanna watch. :)

ThirdMarioBro
05-22-2004, 08:09 PM
I'll try if I can remember. I kinda get Brain fried at French Class, so I just set the VCR and Cable Box together. I'll try to remind you. :)

PizzaPower
05-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Today I called Screen Savers on All Call Friday and got through :o . I asked them my question, and they said they'd call back if they used my question on the show. 45 minutes later, they called back, and said I'd be on in 3 1/2 minutes. :sick: :o
I got my question ready in my head and listened. You could hear the show (minus the commercials which were replaced with elevator/rap music) live with Patrick and Josh talking to people through the phone. They finished with the guy before me, and then said "next on the phone we have Lucas from Tulsa, Oklahoma". I managed to forget it was a TV show and just talked normally. That was just freaking amazing!
I believe the show was being taped live, but will air some time next week. Most likely Friday. Anyway, I was on during a Lighting round, and my name is Lucas. Man that was awesome. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Would you like a cookie? :P

FAH Q
05-23-2004, 06:52 PM
as sad and embarrassing as it is to admit this, i was in limp bizkit's video for nookie, i can be seen for one half of a second jumping up and my hat falling off. maybe that's a good thing.