PDA

View Full Version : The Day After Tomorrow

TigerClaw
05-22-2004, 02:01 AM
6 days left til the movie opens on May 28th, I can't wait to see this movie, I love end of the world type of movies and this one takes the cake, This movie is under so much controversy its unbelievable, All cause of all the talk of global warming, The film portrays what would happen if global warming was happening, But speeded up for the sake of entertainment value.

Voltron
05-22-2004, 02:11 AM
An apocolypse movie? I wonder what happens? :-?

Barkworm
05-22-2004, 02:17 AM
Roland Emmerich is a terrible director.

TigerClaw
05-22-2004, 02:17 AM
An apocolypse movie? I wonder what happens? :-?
Well, The movie deals with what happens if global warming happened, The polar icecaps melt distrupting the north atlantic current resulting in a global super storm which causes a climate change around the world causing catastropic events around the world and bringing in a new ice age.

That Matt Guy
05-22-2004, 02:20 AM
And it all happens in one day?

TigerClaw
05-22-2004, 02:22 AM
And it all happens in one day?
Nope, In the movie, These events happen in a couple of weeks, Keep in mind, In rl, Global warming takes a whole lot longer to happen, For the movie, They had to speed it up for the sake of entertainment, As I mentioned before.

Nosferatu
05-22-2004, 02:37 AM
I want to see this movie. While it probably won't be my favorite movie of the year and it probably won't even get near my all-time favorites list, I still want to see it.

Watching the world come to an end in movies, shows, video games, e.t.c. are like a sick pleasure of mine.

I have to see it in a theater. It just won't be as good of an experience if I wait until it comes out on DVD. With movies like this, if you're going to watch it, you have to watch it in a theater.

TigerClaw
05-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Theres been many end of the world type of movies, But non of them show the world ending, This is all cause the main characters always maraculously find a way to save the world, Anyways, This movie deals with mother nature, And theres no way to stop it.

Nosferatu
05-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Theres been many end of the world type of movies, But non of them show the world ending, This is all cause the main characters always maraculously find a way to save the world, Anyways, This movie deals with mother nature, And theres no way to stop it.

Well the world doesn't have to be destroyed for it to be considered to be the "end". "The end of the world" is usually just another term for "the end of life as we know it". There are many movies that deal with "the end of the world" as in "the end of life as we know it", though most of them have been bad. The Day After Tomorrowe will be another "the end of life as we know it" movie. From the previews and what little I've heard about it, the world doesn't go away. It's just that the world as we know it goes away.

Relay
05-22-2004, 10:08 AM
That movie is going to be nothing but special effects. The story will probably suck. The acting will probably suck. The only thing cool about it will be the computer animated mayhem.

Barkworm
05-22-2004, 10:14 AM
That movie is going to be nothing but special effects. The story will probably suck. The acting will probably suck. The only thing cool about it will be the computer animated mayhem.
Aren't all Roland Emmerich movies like that?

MW8979
05-22-2004, 10:20 AM
The Day After Tomorrow looks to be pretty shallow and boring, like Godzilla. That movie was such a disappointment and a letdown.

05-22-2004, 10:38 AM
For some reason, this movie appealed to me. It was probably the special effects and concept that drew me in. I probably won't see it, though. It's not worth the $8.50 to see a movie that will probably be mediocre.

That Matt Guy
05-22-2004, 05:03 PM
There is enough strife and destruction in the world as it is, I don't think I want to see a movie where a tsunami crashes into New York or whatever happens. Just my opinion.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-22-2004, 05:22 PM
It's not worth the $8.50 to see a movie that will probably be mediocre.

And to think we complain around here for paying $3.50 to see a movie.

Hannah
05-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Watching the world come to an end in movies, shows, video games, e.t.c. are like a sick pleasure of mine.
I personally like seeing the people die. :D

That Matt Guy
05-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I personally like seeing the people die. :D

You like seeing people die, but you hate guns because people get killed by them? :-?

Hannah
05-22-2004, 05:59 PM
No no no, they have to be blown up or stabbed or something like that. XD

Besides, they're movies. In real life I'm not too fond of murder.

damnhooligan
05-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Someone could take a pair of scissors and some scotch tape to Twister, Deep Impact, Armageddon, Dante's Peak, The Core, Volcano, Earthquake, Independence Day and Pearl Harbour (just to make sure you cover all bases) and not only do I think it would be more cost effective, but most people probably couldn't tell the difference.

I think this movie will top my list of crappy movies of 2004. I'm not going to pay seven euros to go see death and destruction when I can for watch it for free on CNN.

I just think I'm all apocalypsed out.

Anarchistguy
05-22-2004, 06:22 PM

:D I personnally share the same fantasy :D