PDA

View Full Version : A Day in The Life Of Brodie, Join Me, Will You?

Brodie
05-22-2004, 07:42 PM
Today I was going around, slacking and shopping. No big deal, a 20 in my wallet and a 20 buck gift card for Media play. I go to Target.....See the Sonic Mega COllection for the GCube for 16 bucks...I wanted it, but I thought, maybe I'd see something else at MPlay. So I went to MPlay....Saw these boxes, about 5 inches tall, 3 inches wide....Devil May Cry logo on it, and a toy version of Dante. All 11 of the boxes had Dante, none of the other figures. No big deal, I dig Dante.

I pick it up, go to leave, open it up and......It's not Dante... It's Virgil. What the Eff, right? So I take it back, take my chances on trying to get a Dante figure...I get it after dealing with the asshole cashier. All for a 4.99 Japanese DMC model-toy-kit. But...It has a bunch of seperate arms and swords and guns...Like those Mega Man model toys you can snag off ebay. But...One....difference. Dante came out to be about 2 inches big.... I love Devil may Cry, and Dante is the ultimate badass....but.....meh.

You can check out the different ones, like pic wise...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8106054 955&rd=1

But that's what happened today.

TMNT571
05-22-2004, 08:00 PM
You Suck

Brodie
05-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Did end up with a game too. But yeah. Suckage.

TMNT571
05-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Is the game any good.

Get on aim

MTN889
05-22-2004, 08:11 PM
I have Sonic mega collection, in fact I was playing it less that 10 minutes ago. Great game. They should do that for the turtles too.

05-22-2004, 08:20 PM
My friend has the Sonic Mega Collection. I'd say it's the best idea ever. I mean, now that the games are old and you don't make money selling them anymore, why not put them on a system you actually sell and make more money? And now with the Mega Man Collection coming out next month, more money will be made with these old games. Good stuff, I'd say.

ThirdMarioBro
05-22-2004, 08:27 PM
But Capcom was smart enough to add unreleased Arcade games, and the Mega Man Anime plus 2 episodes of the US Series to boot. Then they go and add Director/producer/creator interviews, enhanced navi mode, and remixed music options, and stuff. That's how you do a compaliation. Sega needs to take a lesson from them. :D

05-22-2004, 08:32 PM
I love the Mega Man US cartoon. "I'll get that blue dweeb!" :lol:

MTN889
05-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Dont forget Mega collection has unlockables and secrets - OTHER than the S&K lockons.

CookSux
05-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Just to stay on topic... Brodie even though all the pics have Dante on em doesn't mean they're all Dante. The concept of those Gashapon figures is more like... they're trading cards. As in the toy in the box is totally random, and the point I guess is to trade em to get em all if you get doubles.

Kid Icarus
05-22-2004, 09:47 PM
But Capcom was smart enough to add unreleased Arcade games, and the Mega Man Anime plus 2 episodes of the US Series to boot. Then they go and add Director/producer/creator interviews, enhanced navi mode, and remixed music options, and stuff. That's how you do a compaliation. Sega needs to take a lesson from them. :D Nintendo could too... although they're going to make a f'ing killing from the Classic NES series. I'm already buying Zelda, and Pac Man. $40 right there.

Nosferatu
05-22-2004, 09:56 PM
They should do that for the turtles too.

Definately. I would wet myself if they ever came out with a game like that. Imagine all of the major TMNT games from NES, SNES, and SEGA on one game!

I have the Sonic Mega Collection, too. It's pretty cool even if Flicky, Sonic 3D, and that Dr. Robotnik game are pretty lame.

MW8979
05-23-2004, 06:10 AM
Mega Man collection should be good, but it doesn't sound like they're going to include MM9 on it.

Voltron
05-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Mega Man collection should be good, but it doesn't sound like they're going to include MM9 on it.

Just as long as they have 2 and 8. Those were absolutely incredible.

MW8979
05-23-2004, 03:42 PM
2 was good. 5 is very underrated though.

Hannah
05-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Today I was going around, slacking and shopping. No big deal, a 20 in my wallet and a 20 buck gift card for Media play. I go to Target.....See the Sonic Mega COllection for the GCube for 16 bucks...I wanted it, but I thought, maybe I'd see something else at MPlay.
You should have gotten it! SMC is awesome!

Anarchistguy
05-24-2004, 08:37 AM
I heard that Sonic Mega collection Plus is coming for the PS2 only. It will be the same as the original Sonic Mega collection, but this one will have Sonic CD included. I'm sure as hell getting that title.

There IS no MM9. It's simply called "Rockman & Forte".

cqb101
05-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Just to stay on topic... Brodie even though all the pics have Dante on em doesn't mean they're all Dante. The concept of those Gashapon figures is more like... they're trading cards. As in the toy in the box is totally random, and the point I guess is to trade em to get em all if you get doubles.

Exactly.

Oh, and Gashapons kick ass. I really want the Aliens ones.

Hannah
05-24-2004, 12:54 PM
I heard that Sonic Mega collection Plus is coming for the PS2 only. It will be the same as the original Sonic Mega collection, but this one will have Sonic CD included. I'm sure as hell getting that title.

There IS no MM9. It's simply called "Rockman & Forte".
What?!?! Why are they giving out the better version for a system I hate? ;_;

Anarchistguy
05-24-2004, 01:57 PM
:lol: :lol: That's the EXACT reaction I wanted to see, Kenai

Hannah
05-24-2004, 02:00 PM
:lol: :lol: That's the EXACT reaction I wanted to see, Kenai
I declare myself owned. :cry: