PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Music do you LOATHE?

Anarchistguy
05-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Hello :)

I know this was made before, but I didn't read everyone's thoughts, so here I go:

-Everything that's popular.(that includes rap (recent, not old school), R&B, wannabe punk and rock(i.e. Avril Lavigne) and EVERY TEEN IDOL (Those categories make me puke in ways you cannot imagine). Those kinds of "music" are so shallow :dead:

-Country music :dead:

Barkworm
05-23-2004, 03:20 PM
The first ones that came to my mind were Shania Twain and Mariah Carey. :dead:

05-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Popular music, eh? I guess I'll hold my tongue.

I loathe country music. I don't see what's so good about it.

Anarchistguy
05-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Popular music, eh? I guess I'll hold my tongue

No, no. Go ahead, let it all out...

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 03:24 PM
ALL American pop, no exceptions
All country (whiny people singing about Ford Trucks and love)
All American Rap

The other styles can have their exceptions, but I hate those without question.

05-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Popular music, eh? I guess I'll hold my tongue

No, no. Go ahead, let it all out...

Nah, it's okay. I would probably make an idiot of myself, anyway.

Barkworm
05-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I also hate wannabe Rockbands like "The Calling".

That Matt Guy
05-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Anything foreign.

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Anything foreign.

Explain why.

Misfit
05-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Apart from Shania Twain, I just can't stand country music! Argh get it away!

I also hate most all cover songs (especially when they're done by pop idol types), groups like Fast Food Rockers, Aqua, Spice Girls...I HATE boybands too,

And I pretty much don't like most rap apart from a rare few bits and pieces. Some of the old skool stuff's good but present day rap? No thanks.

Raven
05-23-2004, 03:38 PM
all rap and pop :dead:

damnhooligan
05-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Country music. I tolerate it well enough if I have to, but if given a choice between listening to country music and poking white hot needles in my eyes, I'd have to go with the eyes thing.

I also can't stand System of a Down (whom I so lovingly refer to as "Syndrome of a Down").

That Matt Guy
05-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Anything foreign.

Explain why.

Probably the same reason you hate American things.

Dane E5R
05-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I hate most punk, j-pop and country.

Barkworm
05-23-2004, 03:55 PM
This is going surprisingly well. As long as no one trys to discuss why x hates y, this thread will survive.

05-23-2004, 03:57 PM
I'll stop them! :x

Barkworm
05-23-2004, 04:01 PM
I know, my friend, I know.

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 04:02 PM
But why do you ****s hate....argh! Go to...oh hehe :D

I dislike hip hop, rap, most new pop (classic pop/rock is good), hardcore/emocore (whatever you call it now), nu metal, dance music and country. Not that there aren't great songs fron these 'categories' every now and then

I'm just a rock/ska/punk fan me

05-23-2004, 04:03 PM
There's this problem with some people who think opinion is fact. Take notice I didn't say anything when Matt said he hates all foreign music, and when Elite5Raph said he hates J-Pop. I don't care. They can like whatever they want. That's the beauty of music. You can like whatever you want, and there's a wide variety of music to get into. If you don't like something, that's cool, whatever floats your boat. So please guys...respect opinions.

EDIT: and TMB, please stop being so biased about Japan. Not everything is great about it, and you don't need to attack people who hate it.

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 04:05 PM
There's this problem with some people who think opinion is fact.

I hope you know I was joking

Variety is the spice of life after all

05-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Of course I knew you were joking. :wink:

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Why the wink though?

And hey TMB is allowed his opinion :P

05-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Of course he is allowed his opinion, but he's...a little extreme about it, and it could cause trouble.

Anyway, back on topic.

I should add that I don't like present rap. A lot of the old school was really good, back when they rapped about shoes and what they had for breakfast.

Demonfox38
05-23-2004, 04:09 PM
I hate the following, in no particular order:

1) Modern Country
2) Bluegrass (aka Really, really, really corny Country)
3) Modern Pop
4) Boy Bands
5) Modern Rap
6) Fake Rock Bands

Most of the stuff I like came out from 1976-1987.

damnhooligan
05-23-2004, 04:10 PM
A lot of the old school was really good, back when they rapped about shoes and what they had for breakfast.
HAHAHA! That line just made my night.

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Anything foreign.

Explain why.

Probably the same reason you hate American things.

Good Enough. :lol: :wink:

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 04:16 PM
I should add that I don't like present rap. A lot of the old school was really good, back when they rapped about shoes and what they had for breakfast.

You forgot 'big butts'

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 04:17 PM

Yeah, rap kinda went downhill after that. It was cool in the late 80's/early90's though.

Barkworm
05-23-2004, 04:19 PM

You forgot 'big butts'
That's right, who doesn't like big butts? :lol:

05-23-2004, 04:24 PM
A lot of the old school was really good, back when they rapped about shoes and what they had for breakfast.
HAHAHA! That line just made my night.

Glad I could help. :D

And yeah, I forgot big butts, I don't think anyone hates big butts...

That Matt Guy
05-23-2004, 04:25 PM
I like a little of everything, as long as it's in english.

MW8979
05-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Skater rock bands above all, rap, techno and country.

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Never liked country music because it all just sounds the same. I can tolerate it when others want to hear it, but it's like having steel rods driven through my ears.

Nosferatu
05-23-2004, 04:42 PM
I tend to like most types of music. But I guess I don't like most country music and religious music. I'm not talking about choirs and the like because they can sound pretty beautiful, but I'm talking about the those religious songs that you here on commercials late at night when they're trying to sell CDs. You know what I'm talking about?

That's pretty much it, I think.

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 05:01 PM
The fact that they play the commercials like 30 times during the same show dosen't help either. What I'd like to hear is the Temple of Time music from Ocarina of Time sung by a chior. That would be awesome.

Hannah
05-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Rap... I hate it.
Country music... ugh.
Pop (With the exception of Japanese pop :D)... I just puked.

That Matt Guy
05-23-2004, 05:12 PM
What is the difference between Japanese pop and American? Besides the fact that it's sung in Japanese by a bunch of Nips.

Hannah
05-23-2004, 05:14 PM
What is the difference between Japanese pop and American? Besides the fact that it's sung in Japanese by a bunch of Nips.
It's just plain better.

That Matt Guy
05-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Nevermind, you people love anything that comes out of Japan. Duh.

05-23-2004, 05:17 PM
There is no difference. Wait, yes there is. Japanese lyrics are so stupid.

Hannah
05-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Nevermind, you people love anything that comes out of Japan. Duh.
That may be true, but it is better. Compare Aya Matsuura to some American junk. Ahem, I beleive we both know who is better.

That Matt Guy
05-23-2004, 05:19 PM
I'll just Pop in general, from whatever country and in whatever language... sucks.

05-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I'll just Pop in general, from whatever country and in whatever language... sucks.

Works for me.

MTN889
05-23-2004, 06:08 PM
I loathe rap music that glorifies killing and dirty sex

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 06:14 PM
I like Jpop because I don't know what is being said, and when I do, it makes no sense. That way if they're singing about something I don't like, then who would know? I judge the music by..

1. Weither I like the sound of the voice that singing, and
2. Weither the music itself sounds good.

The lyrics don't matter to me, and since I can't understand what is being said, it dosen't matter to me. They also tend to use more unorthadox instrunments in combination with each other a little more often. Electric Guitars and violens can sound great together if given the chance.
Anyway, sorry for being so opinioniated and defensive about all that stuff lately. :)

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 06:21 PM
I think J-pop embraces that it's silly and made for money...no pretensions

Sorry if that sounds a little rude

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 06:24 PM
I think J-pop embraces that it's silly and made for money...no pretensions

Sorry if that sounds a little rude

Maybe that's why I like it......eh, who knows. :lol:

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Well you know what I mean, there's none of this 'I write from my heart, I'm serious about this newest cover version' nonsense. It knows its purpose and fulfills it

05-23-2004, 06:28 PM
J-Pop music just screams, "Give me your money, you sucker."

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 06:29 PM
BINGO! That's it! All of those american pop stars pretend that they really care, and that it's all for the music, or "It's stright from my heart to your's", ect crap. It's more like, "stright from your pocket to mine". At least they admit that over there. :lol: :lol:
J-Pop music just screams, "Give me your money, you sucker."
Perfect. :lol: :lol:

Meeko
05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
i hate country and Rap

05-23-2004, 06:33 PM
That's why I don't pay for my music. Now who's the sucker? Support your favorite artist? How about you try and give me something different, you bastards? Stop making the same kind of song over and over again and maybe I'll consider it.

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 06:40 PM
That's why I don't pay for my music. Now who's the sucker? Support your favorite artist? How about you try and give me something different, you bastards? Stop making the same kind of song over and over again and maybe I'll consider it.

The people are sitting in billion doller mansions and pretend like Kazza and WinMX are going to make them homeless or something. You're right, if they make something different that I like, I'll go out and buy it, otherwise, screw them. I'll take mine to download please.

Meeko
05-23-2004, 06:41 PM

The people are sitting in billion doller mansions and pretend like Kazza and WinMX are going to make them homeless or something. You're right, if they make something different that I like, I'll go out and buy it, otherwise, screw them. I'll take mine to download please.

good point

raphael_is_cool
05-23-2004, 06:50 PM
I also like to think bands are better if they tour, downloading music can only help you if newer people are hearing your music and like you that much they'll come see you live. And then even then buy the album when it's cheaper at the merch counter there. Certain artists will only complain because they're bad and can't play live

I still buy albums for bands I like though, it's not like they're filthy stinking rich or anything.

Mikey the Party Turtle
05-23-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't care for Country, Modern Pop and Rap.

Hell, I only really listen to movie/video game scores and orchestra. :lol:

Anarchistguy
05-23-2004, 07:46 PM
I loathe rap music that glorifies killing and dirty sex

Then, you loathe rap, PERIOD!!!

ThirdMarioBro
05-23-2004, 08:41 PM
I don't care for Country, Modern Pop and Rap.

Hell, I only really listen to movie/video game scores and orchestra. :lol:

My kind of person. I tip my hat sir. :D

FireFly
05-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Pop ,hip-hop ,most rap ,J-pop,Classic Rock (except the beetles :D )
and stop bitchin about country i like the stuff

The Stryker
05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Heavy Metal,Anything Japanese *dodges Chibi Plushies*

Thats Aboot It

XERO
05-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Honestly, the only music I loathe is horror music. You know, like the Phantom of the Opera or any music with a church organ. It sounds really creepy. :o :dead:

As long as the music sounds good enough that I can make a videogame BGM remix out of it, I'll take it. :D 8)

Anarky
05-23-2004, 11:19 PM
OH, now that's a good thread.

- RnB/Hop Hop: for it is stupid, sexistic and glorifies a lot of stuff I can not relate to. Favorite hate song at the moment: f*** it by Eamon. that's gotta be the worst piece of music EVER written.

- Trance and Gabber: that's not music that's halfways coordinated noise

- Hippie- Music: I HATE Hippies. so their music is crap too

- General Pop: not matter if its Jpop or not

Bands i don't like, that are worth being pointed out

- Eamon
- Linkin PArk
- System of a down (either hat guy is crying or he barks at me)
- that female version of Eamon's "song"
- Avril Lavigne

Alien Hominid
05-24-2004, 12:22 AM
I can appreciate any music that has a point. I consider music to be a means for conveying emotion; if I feel something during or after listening to a song, then I appreciate it and consider it a successful musical endeavor. Not all music I appreciate is music I like, but that's a different story. The only music I loathe is music that doesn't instigate some sort of emotional response from me. More often than not (but *not* always), this tends to be the case with country western and religious music.

Also, it's silly to make blanket claims about types of music (genre, year, etc). There will always be an unpleasant ratio of bad music to good music. That certainly doesn't mean that "all rap sucks" or "all country is lame". If you're tired of sexism and drugs and killing, then stop listening to D12 and start listening to Rdj2 (http://www.rjd2site.com/) and Hieroglyphics (http://www.hieroglyphics.com/). This is the case with all genres...my point being that I hope no one dismisses an entire body of music simply because they had a poor initial taste of the genre. And yes, I know this thread is all about opinions - I'm certainly not bashing anyone, I just wanted to draw a distinction between not liking something and claiming that everything related is crap :)

Caster_Troy
05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Country. Makes me want to kill. Makes my ears bleed.

Avril Lavigne - that is not punk, that is pop, thank you.

A lot of pointless pop music. There are some pop songs, some pop-punk songs that I don't mind, but over all, I see most pop as bad.

:dead:

guitardave
05-24-2004, 11:35 AM
one word... or two, depends on what you call it... rap, or gangsta rap.

GK Punk
05-24-2004, 11:38 AM

A lot of pointless pop music. There are some pop songs, some pop-punk songs that I don't mind, but over all, I see most pop as bad.

Avril makes me want to kill. Just say no kids, just say no.

guitardave
05-24-2004, 11:39 AM
to be honest, I don't mind avril... I don't listen to her, but I don't hate her.

but I don't exactly have a reason to hate her, or like her... I'm just neutral.

Caster_Troy
05-24-2004, 11:40 AM

Avril makes me want to kill. Just say no kids, just say no.

I hear that. She needs to be drug out into the street and shot. and put on some pants that actually fit you, woman!

Barkworm
05-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Did anyone hear her "Fuel" performance at Metallica's MTV Icon? That was hilarious! :lol:

GK Punk
05-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Did anyone hear her "Fuel" performance at Metallica's MTV Icon? That was hilarious! :lol:

LMAO!

Yes I did!! I downloaded it and play it for people for a laugh!!!

guitardave
05-24-2004, 12:26 PM
^ugh, that was horrible... I like that guy, forget his name, but he's a comedian... he sang "if you're happy and you know it"

GK Punk
05-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Oh! the guy from Half Baked, right?

guitardave
05-24-2004, 12:38 PM
yea... that's the guy

Dane E5R
05-24-2004, 12:57 PM
R&B is not sexist, and not all rap glorifies killing and dirty sex.

Anarky
05-24-2004, 01:33 PM
R&B is not sexist, and not all rap glorifies killing and dirty sex.

all the RnB I know (that's on TV here) is. I just hate the way they "live" all that "yo, biatch, ya feelin' like some 'gettin' dirrty' tonight?" and then those stupid women like them. God, how pathetic is that??? and then there are these people who try to be like fifty bloody cent. Those wimps then set up Gangwars. Man, GANGWARS!!! How dumb is that? "We own tha place 'ere now, muthaf***az!" Hell, they own every freaking other place in our city, they don't need our "best spot". What for? And they mustn't steal our beer, I mean we paid for it too. I HATE those guys. HATEHATEHATE!!!!

As for Hip Hop. There are exceptions. Some Swiss HipHop and that one song: "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys.

That Matt Guy
05-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Anarky, are you sure you aren't a Nazi?

Anarky
05-24-2004, 01:50 PM
THose people aren't even real ebonics. They just call each other "n****r"

And it doesn't matter where you come from, idiot stays idiot. I am not racist. Maybe the gangstaz' moms are really nice women or their siblings. I don't know. All I know is that those people who want our "best spot" for themselves are idiots and they deserve a hit with my new hockeystick (yeah, I couldn't find my baseball bat anymore, for I never wanted to use it again. But desperate times call for desperate measures. so I went to the only other bat/stick lying around)

MW8979
05-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Chances are that you're right Anarky. Those people probably do have nice families and are spoiled brats who don't value what they have and have nothing better to do then to act tough by copying what they see on the tv.
And yes, Avril Lavigne does suck terribly. She is owned and sold by the record company for her image of a rebellious teenager. The caveate is of course, that she can't play any instruments or write her own songs.

Anarchistguy
05-24-2004, 02:46 PM
all the RnB I know (that's on TV here) is. I just hate the way they "live" all that "yo, biatch, ya feelin' like some 'gettin' dirrty' tonight?" and then those stupid women like them. God, how pathetic is that??? and then there are these people who try to be like fifty bloody cent. Those wimps then set up Gangwars. Man, GANGWARS!!! How dumb is that? "We own tha place 'ere now, muthaf***az!" Hell, they own every freaking other place in our city, they don't need our "best spot". What for? And they mustn't steal our beer, I mean we paid for it too. I HATE those guys. HATEHATEHATE!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself

Dane E5R
05-24-2004, 04:26 PM
This thread was not a good idea.

05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Better jump in here...

Anarky, respect opinions. Elite5Raph, don't get so upset over one. Thanks.

Continue. :)

Dane E5R
05-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey, I didn't lash out at anyone.

05-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Just trying to catch you before it happens.

raphael_is_cool
05-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Man this guy's good :P

05-24-2004, 05:18 PM
And people doubted me when I started... :cry:

raphael_is_cool
05-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Nah I was being sarcastic, you're way too domineering ahahahahaha :lol:

j/k

Hannah
05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I didnt. :)

Caster_Troy
05-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Better jump in here...

Man that is some good topic nanny work.
I'm serious, by the way. It was good. I love the "continue" part, especially.

As for Hip Hop. There are exceptions. Some Swiss HipHop and that one song: "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys.

Man, that would sound so cool in Cartman's voice.

That Matt Guy
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM

Stop it, you're ruining it for everyone.

05-24-2004, 07:55 PM

Stop it, you're ruining it for everyone.

Nah.

Caster_Troy
05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Ai takes charge, today on Jerry Springer.

Peanut
05-24-2004, 08:28 PM
I just basically like anything that sounds good. Most rap/hip hop/r&b or whatever isn't that appealing to me, but I still listen to some of it. I like a couple Ludacris songs and I dig a bunch of Missy Elliot stuff. I mostly listen to punk/rock whatever. Green Day being my favourite band and being a Pop-Punk band. I really don't like all the label crap that goes around. I have a friend that hates everything popular just because it's popular. People hate Avril. I don't like her, but seriously who the hell cares? She makes her money. I wish I was in her position. This band is "fake" and what not. I hate that crap. Listen to the damn music. Don't worry about image. I've been called "fake" a couple of times. I listen to bands like Rancid and Bad Religion, yet I don't dress or act punk. That makes me fake? I wear a Bad Religion wrist band because I LOVE the band, so I'm fake? I really don't get that sh*t.

Voltron
05-24-2004, 08:38 PM
slow down, Mike, Texas! You're goin a mile a minute. I just have a general distaste for rap, so I tend stay away from that. Country is usually terrible, and I don't like Punk, Emo or Ska. Jpop blows, Golden Oldies get annoying, Classical is too repetitive, not a huge fan of foreign stuff...

Just give me AC/DC or something ridiculous like that, it suits my life just fine.

JameO
05-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah I am into anything that sounds good and appeals to me somewhat. And as Mikey said people are all thinking that you must dress like a rocker to like it. Which is plain stupid. But mostly I like Punk/Rock music new or old and as well I have a certain spot for 80's music or any olden day songs that are great to listen to or dance to. Just anything to sounds good and is catchy is what I like.

The Stryker
05-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Some Rap is good, give it some credit

Nelly
Eminem(Only for certain people)
Usher
Run DMC

Anarky
05-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Better jump in here...

Oh, I respect his opinion. I just got carried away while talking about those gangstaz. Sorry

05-24-2004, 10:28 PM
No problem, my good man. Everyone gets carried away every once in a while. A real man realizes his mistakes and apologizes for it. :)

EZweasel
05-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Techno
Creed style bands
bluegrass
country
punk
alternative except nirvana
heavy metal

Shreddette
05-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Argh... boybands.

I find I am pretty open with music. I just cannot stand a lot of these bands with boys or guys who have uber lame girly voices. Like Jessica Simpson's husband. Oh, my GOD I hate the theme song to Newlyweds. :goofygri:

If I dated a guy who suddenly started serenading me in public I would be mortified. Please. Do. Not. Do. That.
Although if you sound like Jim Morrison, I might change my mind there.
I don't understand girls who like that. It's the epitomy of cheese. If I want cheese, I'll go buy myself a container of MacClaren's sharp cheddar, or a wheel of brie.

MGMae
05-25-2004, 10:43 AM
I loathe whiney music, and I find that it defies genre - as you can find whiney music on nearly every type of radio station.

R-iZZy
05-25-2004, 07:37 PM
I got some categories to put down:

J-Pop (ESPECIALLY)
Foreign Rap (ESPECIALLY UK Rap)
Heavy Metal
Anything Under the Rock Category
Pop Music (die Timberlake!!!)
Commercial Rap (death to all "bling" artists)
Country (I would like to tip cows......... on the country artists)
Techno (ew... that music just seems so... poppy-rapish...)

Nothing personal to anyone who likes these categories, but damn it, I will flat out say I can't tolerate any of that stuff. Sorry, just being honest.

Hannah
05-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Uh, what kind of music do you like, then?

R-iZZy
05-25-2004, 07:39 PM
... :D

((I'm sure someone will tell, if I don't.))

05-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Honesty is very much appreciated. :)

Hannah
05-25-2004, 07:41 PM
My avatar proves how much I love Nirvana. :wink:

Anarchistguy
05-25-2004, 07:43 PM

I like the video clip of "Black hole Sun". VERY twisted.

ThirdMarioBro
05-25-2004, 08:46 PM

J-Pop (ESPECIALLY)
Heavy Metal

Nothing personal to anyone who likes these categories, but damn it, I will flat out say I can't tolerate any of that stuff. Sorry, just being honest.

Don't be. Honesty is a good thing. Bashing isn't, but you didn't do that.

I have to agree on the foreign rap thing. The only thing worse than rap (IMO) is people trying to immitate bad rap. :lol:
And that country thing......never been put better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eh, people doubt all mods when they start. But you proved to everyton that you rock. The Sailormoon crew didn't doubt you for a second

05-25-2004, 08:47 PM
I listened to Japanese rap before. At first I thought it was good, but then after a while I said, "Wait, no it's not."

ThirdMarioBro
05-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Yeah, the worst one I ever heard was T.O.P. It's just........noise with words. :lol: :lol:

R-iZZy
05-25-2004, 11:05 PM

J-Pop (ESPECIALLY)
Heavy Metal

Don't be. Honesty is a good thing. Bashing isn't, but you didn't do that.

I have to agree on the foreign rap thing. The only thing worse than rap (IMO) is people trying to immitate bad rap. :lol:
And that country thing......never been put better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks so much for not taking it personal. Usually, I get bashed for being honest. I think... I think... *pauses* My opinion is valued! *jumps in the air and pauses in mid-air, Spongebob style*

I have the need to do my cow-tipping idea now.

Peanut
05-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Yee-haw! Time for a good ol' fashion cow tippin'!

The Defibrillator
05-26-2004, 12:56 AM
I only hate country. Every other genre has at least a couple bands I enjoy. Even rap.

Moose
05-26-2004, 01:23 AM
Chinese rap... :evil:

Barkworm
05-26-2004, 02:10 AM

When I was a kid I loved the clip because they barbecued a barbie doll in it...

Nosferatu
05-26-2004, 03:11 AM
"Black Hole Sun" is from Soundgarden, not Nirvana. :goofygri:

GK Punk
05-26-2004, 03:13 AM
"Black Hole Sun" is from Soundgarden, not Nirvana. :goofygri:

*nods*

Indeed.

Barkworm
05-26-2004, 02:16 PM
I just saw the words "Black Hole Sun" and didn't think about the context they were posted in . :lol:

Ryona
05-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Well... My interests in music is pretty varied, but the music I will NOT listen to is:

Country

Rap (though, I'm ok with the old school rap)

Country-rap (worst of all!)

Boy bands

Hip Hop (though, I'm ok with the old school hip hop)

Most music of the first 60 years of the 20th centery

Music that claims to be Rock but it sounds so lame (Like, no electric guitar!?!)

Stupid little tunes they play in most commercials

Most North American Pop (though, I'm totally cool with the old school pop)

*Note* When I say "old school", I mean around the 80's and early 90's.

Hannah
05-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Stupid little tunes they play in most commercials
Jingles? :lol:
"Oscar Mayor has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!"

MGMae
05-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Country-rap (worst of all!)

Now that's a scary concept. :o
=_= any and all cow-tippers, come over to my house. I live in Nashville and I'm innudated with bad country. (Which very often tends to be whiney, so it qualifies for my BLEGH list)

For the foreign rap - Korean rap. 'Nough said.

Anarchistguy
05-26-2004, 04:22 PM

When I was a kid I loved the clip because they barbecued a barbie doll in it...

That's the exact same reason I like it