PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft III: TFT - Defense of the Ancients

Alien Hominid
05-24-2004, 02:28 PM
I know there's already a video game thread in this forum, but I figured that this deserved it's own topic. If anyone here enjoys Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (and you all should!), then make sure to check out a UMS (use map settings) game that's popular on BattleNet right now. It's called Defense of the Ancients, and it takes the emphasis away from building units and places it on hero management.

There are two teams: the Sentinel (Night Elf) and the Scourge (Undead). Usually, the game consists of four players on each side, and each player gets to choose a single hero from a collection of unique characters. From there, your hero levels up normally, and you get to build up your skills to facilitate mass pwnage. The ultimate goal is to destroy the anchor of the other team's base (the "tree of life" for Night Elf, and "the frozen throne" for Undead).

Also, you receive gold from creeping and hero killing, and you can use this money to purchase normal items that give upgrades to your hero. There's a twist, though...this UMS allows you to create really powerful items by acquiring combinations of normal items. These 'recipes' really unlock the potential of your hero, and add a nice dimension to the game.

Anyway, the UMS is a blast to play, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has and/or likes Warcraft III: TFT. If anyone is currently playing this, share your opinions and stories! N00bs are welcome, too, so if you'd like to know more, or meet up on BattleNet, just say so.

More information can be found here (http://www.thewarcenter.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=39).