PDA

View Full Version : Blues Brothers

Barkworm
05-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Who else digs this movie? I love it. Extremely funny, awesome music, hilarious car stunts. It's a shame that BB 2000 is not near as good.

Jo Dawn
05-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Heh, I love this movie, too. Some great moments in it. :)

I've not yet seen BB 2000, but don't know if I really wanna. The original is so funny... I think I may stick with that. And maybe if BB 2000 is on TV sometime...

GK Punk
05-26-2004, 12:42 PM
I LOVE that movie. It's so funny!

And it's got the best lines ever. "We're on a mission from God"

ThirdMarioBro
05-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Who else digs this movie? I love it. Extremely funny, awesome music, hilarious car stunts. It's a shame that BB 2000 is not near as good.

There's no way it could've been seeing as John Belushi is dead. The original was good.

raphael_is_cool
05-26-2004, 12:46 PM
I haven't seen that film in ages, but I loved it. May see if my uni library has a copy of it tomorrow.

I went to my sister's 50s party as a blues brother (yes I know they're not 50s but the blues were..)

A silly picture
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/ace_on_bass/Me%20and%20Friends/Gregg_Blues.jpg

GK Punk
05-26-2004, 12:46 PM

I've not yet seen BB 2000, but don't know if I really wanna. The original is so funny... I think I may stick with that. And maybe if BB 2000 is on TV sometime...

I kinda refuse to. Even if it's on TV for free.

Barkworm
05-26-2004, 12:48 PM
John Belushi was a GREAT singer, too bad he's dead (damn drugs).
Carrie Fisher trying to kill Jake was so funny, I was always like "What will she do next?"

Jo Dawn
05-26-2004, 12:51 PM

Yeah!! Oh, and I love this one: "It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

I kinda refuse to. Even if it's on TV for free.

Actually, after I posted before, I remembered that I had seen it on TV before. I think I watched for about 5 minutes before I turned it off... and never watched it again.

Hyper Metal Sonic
05-26-2004, 12:55 PM
The only redeeming part of BB2000 is the 15-minute long car crash scene.

Barkworm
05-26-2004, 12:57 PM
BB 2000 definitely has its moments but it has nothing new (this time they get confused as Bluegrass band instead of a country band :roll: ) and it gets extremely silly towards the end (Erykah badu as a Vodoo witch? What the ****...?).
And it's just not the same without John Belushi. :cry:

MGMae
05-26-2004, 02:03 PM
The 2000 version comes on VH1 sometimes (but can't say I've ever sat through it...)
Huzzah for the Blues Brothers! Ah, the scene with the penguin takes me back to grade school :lol: :lol: :lol:
Belushi could sing....but he could also bust a move.

Raven
05-26-2004, 02:12 PM
blues brothers is one of my favorite movies, i love the part were there talking to the nun, and they keep swearing and she keeps hitting them, than they fall down the stairs, man i couldnt stop laughing.

host_punktmy
05-26-2004, 02:15 PM
man that's a great movie. I need to watch that again. I like all of their near brusehes with death due in part to Carrie Fisher then they just get up brush themselves off and walk away as if nothing happened.

Hannah
05-26-2004, 02:28 PM
I've never heard of this movie.

host_punktmy
05-26-2004, 02:29 PM
:o

Raven
05-26-2004, 02:31 PM
I've never heard of this movie.

you have to see this movie, its great, i promise you wont stop laughing.

GK Punk
05-26-2004, 02:56 PM

Yeah!! Oh, and I love this one: "It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

You have NO Idea how many times I've used that line on a road trip. Seriously, like every road trip me and my friends do, we use that line. even the short "San Jose is an hour away" Road trips. :lol:

J Legault
05-26-2004, 03:15 PM
I seen only 30 minutes of it on TV once. I never got a chance to see the entire movie(since it's one of the movies I like to see).

I'm not sure when it'll be shown on TV again, I caught sight of it only it was already on the credits part.

Hopefully i 'll get on DVD so that way I can see it anytime I like.

Blues Brothers allong with Groundhog Day, Planes Trains and Automobiles, & animal House are one of the movies I need to own on DVD. I have list to keeep in track of what i don't have.