PDA

View Full Version : Ebay..Man, i miss the days...

OA
06-17-2004, 11:12 AM
As i was browsing through ebay today and watching various tmnt items go for rediculous amounts of money, I thought to myself, man i miss the days. Before the new tmnt came out, and the old tmnt were all but forgotten, you could get some super great deals on some fantastic, rare items. I mean, $20 went a lonnnnng way back then, including shipping.

Nowadays, $20 only rarely gets you what u want. Of course this is a good thing overall, as it means an increasing interest in our beloved turtles. And I am estatic about the new series as I love going out to the sotre and pickin tmnt things like back in the day. But as a collector of vintage and the new line its kinda hard keeping up. But its fun. So anyways, i just wanted to gripe real quick and see what yall think abou this as well....

greensborohill
06-17-2004, 11:17 AM
So what was your best ebay deal??

I got all movie star turtles and splinter loose for $36 shipped, I was pleased with it.

Spitfire
06-17-2004, 11:18 AM
I know I got a carded Wyrm toy for 15 bucks now I see them going for 40 bucks. If I didnt love Ninja Turtles so much I wouldnt sell them then I would be rich right now
My best Ebay deal was this
I got Leatherhead, Casey Jones, Baxter Stockman, and Dirtbag all complete with weapons and everything just not in the package. Only 3 bucks with shipping it was like 5 hahah it rocked

That Matt Guy
06-17-2004, 11:47 AM
There are still plenty of good deals, you just have to wade through all of the crap to find them.

OA
06-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Yea, there are still good deals..but not nearly as much as there used to be. I just remember when i used to get great steals left and right and now with all the competetion you gotta be ready to cough up some dough to get what you want. luckily nowadays, i gotta good enough job that I can afford it!

Spitfire
06-18-2004, 12:24 AM
The worst thing is, is that the people were bidding against are all 8 year old kids who just discovered Ninja turtles and now thats its all over they want all this old stuff taht they dont deserve to have. Those are our generation of toys hands off little ones :P

BigApple3AM
06-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Actually, I was wondering if the little kids even like the old stuff. I mean it's totally different and was aimed at a different generation of kids. I mean today's kids are growing up on super articulated, uber detailed figures, and cartoon shows to match. Back in the 80's we had maybe some of the worse animated cartoons ever and some pretty lackluster toys if you compare them to today's toys. (not just tmnt, look at he-man was well) Of course I prefer the older stuff just cuz I grew up in that time.

Ahh ****, i'm sounding like an old asshole ;P

OA
06-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Yea, I dont know if too many kids are out there seaching for those rare vintage tmnt items. I think alot of todays kids probably dont even know that there was an original tmnt. And if they did, I dont know if theyd know what to look for [on ebay]. Whoever it is out there, STOP IT! :P

evil_henchmen
06-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Last year i bought a lot of 9 pop up display figures nice and minty for $43 shipped. That was a fantastic deal. I have gotten numerous great deals off of ebay in the past but those days are long gone. :(

MrPliggins
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Last year i bought a lot of 9 pop up display figures nice and minty for $43 shipped. That was a fantastic deal. I have gotten numerous great deals off of ebay in the past but those days are long gone. :(

wow that is a great deal. I got most of my pop-ups for cheap or trades for Spawn figures, althought I paid about $90 for one of them.
My greatest deal on ebay.. I have won so much that i'm not even sure anymore.
I know every time an original TMNT iron-on goes up I get outbid and it goes up to $100 or more.
I like getting the pre-surge stuff..the mail-away mirage stuff before the turtles hit it big with the cartoon. So my best deals are probably when I get those for cheap.

OA
06-23-2004, 04:51 AM
Yea, those pop-ups were a good deal...Ive also so had many good deals i dont even know where to start...actually, a couple of days ago i got a pretty good deal...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2251401525&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Its the Collected Tales of the TMNT from volume 1..only $0.99 w/shipping total of $2.91...

So i guess this pretty much craps on my theory of not finding good deals anymore!!!!

evil_henchmen
06-23-2004, 08:18 AM
TMNTTerminator-

You almost beat me out on those Japanese Metal Mutants on the bay. It's been a longtime since i've seen those pop up on ebay.

MrPliggins
06-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Good deal on the Collected Tales.. I've kind of lost interest lately because I don't have time to sort through all the junk on Ebay to find the good stuff. I used to search for tmnt and get about ten pages. Now I just searched and got SEVENTY-EIGHT pages. I think that would take me all day to go through. I guess everyone is selling off their TMNT stuff while it's hot....

DrSpengler
06-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Well, I just paid $15 even for a MOC 1988 Shredder. That seemed like a good deal to me. Seeing as how at the same time I paid $17.94 for a MOC 2003 Shredder.

OA
06-23-2004, 01:31 PM
TMNTTerminator-

You almost beat me out on those Japanese Metal Mutants on the bay. It's been a longtime since i've seen those pop up on ebay.

So it was you!!! :evilgrin: ...sheesh, i couldn't budge you...sorry i made you have to shell out so much more...that was a good deal though...those dont come up too often...oh well, next time.... :goofygri:

evil_henchmen
06-23-2004, 09:38 PM
It's cool about the price. I had not seen any of those in a very longtime so it was worth the money. There is a Japanese Super Turtle on ebay right now if your interested. I don't have the item number right now but i'll find it if your interested.

TMNTTerminator-

So it was you!!! :evilgrin: ...sheesh, i couldn't budge you...sorry i made you have to shell out so much more...that was a good deal though...those dont come up too often...oh well, next time.... :goofygri: