PDA

View Full Version : Some info about Quarry

Spitfire
06-26-2004, 09:38 PM
I was at my Wal-mart buying Stone Biter, Razor Fist, Turtle Bot, Giant Mouser, and Leatherhead and the guy in the toy department was dragging in a bunch of boxes. On one box it said Quarry. I asked the guy what was inside in the box and he said he couldnt open the box. I followed him to the back and some guy back there opened the box to make sure the right stuff was inside and I saw the back of the carded toy and it was Quarry! I could read anything because it was to far away but I saw Quarry.
I saw this kinda pic
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1751/leatherhead_back.jpg
It was Quarry for sure. I asked the guy when I would be able to buy it and he said
"Come wednsday we stock the shelves then"
So I have until then to make some money and buy one! But Ill have to do it Wednsday because if I dont their probly going to pull them all of the shelves because Im sure it was a mistake that they shipped it

Aaron
06-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Your lucky! I saw one back in April but didn't know they were being delayed so I past on her. But hopefuly I can get one soon. I hope you are able to buy it!

TMNTGal
06-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Cool that's great news. I'll check this week too, maybe they'll bring in some new stock. There are practically no figures in my area. By the time I check mostly everything is gone. Have you seen any new shipments with DVD's in your area? All the toy places in my area are out. :(

Spitfire
06-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Cool that's great news. I'll check this week too, maybe they'll bring in some new stock. There are practically no figures in my area. By the time I check mostly everything is gone. Have you seen any new shipments with DVD's in your area? All the toy places in my area are out. :(

I had to go to Toyrus the other day for some kids birthday and I checked out the turtles toy isle and the half of their isle were those toys with DVDs. The other half were the mutation toys and the vechials. But yeah Im putting money aside for my main girl Quarry! I just got some money for god old Mom for doing some chores I forgot about lol But I still have enough to buy 3 other and still have enough to get her. I said I wasnt going to get variants but Space Hoppin Don and Raph are to tempting to pass up and since I dont want those stupid looking Toddler Turtles Im going to skip them and just get Turtle Titan with the Space Hoppin ones I want :) Since Turtle Titan is the only one I need to finish off what I buy.

KROW
06-26-2004, 10:39 PM
That's great news, Spitfire, but I think you should have posted it on my thread that says, "Quarry Not Due Out Possibly Untill Fall 2004".

It's okay, though. I'm sure you did not see it.

Anyway, again that's great news. Good luck getting it.

Spitfire
06-26-2004, 10:47 PM
If they have enough Ill find a way to get some cash and if you guys want i can sell them to you in case they phase out again

Aaron
06-26-2004, 11:00 PM
If they have enough Ill find a way to get some cash and if you guys want i can sell them to you in case they phase out again
I might be interested in buying one.

TMNTGal
06-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Places besides WalMart carry the DVD's?! I wasn't aware of that since my local TRU, Target or KB don't have any. Anyone know where to find those figures with Trading cards inside. I really want those.

Spitfire
06-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Those I havnt seen at all but Ill look for them. For awhile all my Walmart had were those possible figures. Then they finially updated their stock or something

VaughnMichael
06-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Places besides WalMart carry the DVD's?! I wasn't aware of that since my local TRU, Target or KB don't have any. Anyone know where to find those figures with Trading cards inside. I really want those.
I havn't seen the dvd figures anywhere besides wal-mart either...
and my local toys r us always stocks there shelves...odd...I was pretty sure those wre wal-mart exclusives...
but who knows toys r us could have bitche dor something...it'd be nice though because as you said tmntgal it's been hard to find all of the dvd figures...
-VM
p.s. btw if there is a quarry I'd like one as well please!

Spitfire
06-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah Ill do my best to get a few for you guys!
As for the DVD figures Ill ask the guys who work there. Knowing my toysrus they probly got their boxes mixed up with walmart or walmart over stocked on them or some crap.

cqb101
06-27-2004, 07:44 AM
That's awesome! If you can get an extra I'd love to buy it from you. LMK.

OA
06-27-2004, 12:02 PM

I've only seen the trading cards ones at Kaybee

cqb101
06-27-2004, 12:20 PM

I've only seen the trading cards ones at Kaybee

I haven't seem them at all. :(

Aaron
06-27-2004, 01:35 PM
I checked my Wal Mart today and couldn't find a Quarry figure. But i did find a Turtle Titan Mikey and a Giant Mouser.

utrom guard
06-27-2004, 02:45 PM
could you please buy me one i waited since december for one please

cqb101
06-27-2004, 03:47 PM
could you please buy me one i waited since december for one please

Put your name on the list.

Triceraton
06-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Good to hear Quarry may be showing up this week(though it's odd the official site doesn't have a MOC picture up yet). I'm already doing a huge toyrun this week on Thursday anyway, so this just gives me one more thing to watch for then. :)

Spitfire
06-28-2004, 06:40 PM
I checked my Wal Mart today and couldn't find a Quarry figure. But i did find a Turtle Titan Mikey and a Giant Mouser.
Yeah I think my Walmart just got a shipment by mistake but mistake or not they better put them on the shelf!

rayfillet101
06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
wow. What state do you live in? They usually start on the west coast and move eastern. Keep in mind that the TMNT website does not know much when it comes to merchandise. Many of it is out of their hands so do not expect them to have up to the minute info on new figs! so quarry is quite possible!

Spitfire
06-28-2004, 07:03 PM
I live in California

TheCloneRanger
06-28-2004, 07:05 PM
wow. What state do you live in? They usually start on the west coast and move eastern.

That is usually the standard with every line, but I've not found that to be the case with TMNT. Usually the first day they're reported hitting, it's somewhere in the Northern Mid-west. I usually see Minnesota get them first, for some reason. By the second day they're hit, Kentucky has them, followed by the east coast on the third day.

I've noticed that once a wave of TMNT hits, within a week, they're everywhere, in multiple states, at multiple retailers. At least Playmates does THAT right...

Of course, Quarry is an oddity, and defies logic.

Spitfire
06-28-2004, 07:47 PM
I need to like make a list here of who wants one lol

cqb101
06-28-2004, 07:59 PM
I need to like make a list here of who wants one lol

haha. You should. I think there were three people who requested one(me included) :D

rayfillet101
06-29-2004, 10:56 AM
has anyone tried e-mailing playmates about this?

cqb101
06-29-2004, 11:02 AM
has anyone tried e-mailing playmates about this?

Not I.

rayfillet101
07-01-2004, 10:14 AM
hey its thursday, you said they were stocking the shelves on wed. did u find any?

cqb101
07-01-2004, 01:04 PM
hey its thursday, you said they were stocking the shelves on wed. did u find any?

Please tell us!

Spitfire
07-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Couldnt go to the store yesterday but I went today. The shelves were not stocked I asked the guy what gives and he said their behind or something. I asked him if I could just buy them out of the box in the back and he said no because their not allowed to do that. That was the guy who worked in the toy department who said that. Then I asked the manager because the guy who works in the toy deaprtment is a jerk anyways. The manager said that if the toy department guy doesnt stock shelves on time then I can go get what I want out of the back. So I went back there and asked the guy for the Quarry figures and he said he couldnt find them but hes sure he remembers seeing the box for them because he had moved them earlier that day. I guess Ill have to wait until the stock shleves. If its only one box Ill have to get them reallllly fast

cqb101
07-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Couldnt go to the store yesterday but I went today. The shelves were not stocked I asked the guy what gives and he said their behind or something. I asked him if I could just buy them out of the box in the back and he said no because their not allowed to do that. That was the guy who worked in the toy department who said that. Then I asked the manager because the guy who works in the toy deaprtment is a jerk anyways. The manager said that if the toy department guy doesnt stock shelves on time then I can go get what I want out of the back. So I went back there and asked the guy for the Quarry figures and he said he couldnt find them but hes sure he remembers seeing the box for them because he had moved them earlier that day. I guess Ill have to wait until the stock shleves. If its only one box Ill have to get them reallllly fast

Damn. Well, keep checking!

TMNTGal
07-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Maybe the guys just hoarding the Quarry figures for himself? :P :lol:

VaughnMichael
07-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Maybe the guys just hoarding the Quarry figures for himself? :P :lol:
that's what I'm thinking to lol..
well we will know soon enough if we see tuns of them show up on ebay fromt he same person...damn I want that toy.
-VM

Spitfire
07-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I swear if I see that toy guy is going to get it if he's doing that! I dont trust that guy :x

TheCloneRanger
07-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Are we thinking this is a whole case of Quarry figures? 16 Quarries? If that's the case, (heh...case...) I don't think we're going to have any trouble finding her.

Spitfire
07-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Thats only 16 figures though. With all the little brats that run through my store heres what will happen
5 kids will buy figures
4 kids will run around the store with get told they cant have them and then cry and put it back in the wrong place
3 kids will destroy the packageing
The reamining 4 will stay in the toy asile
Tommrow and the day after Im celebrating my birthday so I cant go to the store! Cross your fingers that those figures dont see the shelf!

VaughnMichael
07-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Thats only 16 figures though. With all the little brats that run through my store heres what will happen
5 kids will buy figures
4 kids will run around the store with get told they cant have them and then cry and put it back in the wrong place
3 kids will destroy the packageing
The reamining 4 will stay in the toy asile
Tommrow and the day after Im celebrating my birthday so I cant go to the store! Cross your fingers that those figures dont see the shelf!
either that or he is ********ting you...
cause those assz at stores like to do that to people...
I remember when I was a little boy I used to go to toys r us and they would lie to me and tell me this and that had come out when it hadn't even shipped yet.....or they told me that yea theres a toy of that guy he just came out I got him the other day...god that pissz me of so damn much!
that's why when I hit my teen years I made sure i got a job at toys r crap....and helped everyone i could with usfullinformation and make sure the shleves were stocked even if I'd get yelled at lol.
-Vaughn Michael

Spitfire
07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
He cant lie to me I saw the damn box and a figure come out of the box so no ones gona tell me there not at the store. If I have to Ill sneak into the back my friend works there on Sundays and he'll let me in the back. I could steal the whole box if I wanted to but Ill pay for them

VaughnMichael
07-01-2004, 11:41 PM
He cant lie to me I saw the damn box and a figure come out of the box so no ones gona tell me there not at the store. If I have to Ill sneak into the back my friend works there on Sundays and he'll let me in the back. I could steal the whole box if I wanted to but Ill pay for them
oh crap thats right I forgot you said yo saw one :) man please don't forget to get me one...if you can that is :)
thanks in advance
-Vaughn Michael

Spitfire
07-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Yeah I have you down, Uthrom guard, and cqb101 oh and me of course lol

Aaron
07-02-2004, 04:00 AM
That sucks about Quarry, but at least you have something to look forward to. Oh, I am going on vacation and won't be back until MOnday I'll see everyone then. Have a great 4th of July!

cqb101
07-02-2004, 07:52 AM
That sucks about Quarry, but at least you have something to look forward to. Oh, I am going on vacation and won't be back until MOnday I'll see everyone then. Have a great 4th of July!

You too man! Bye!

Jester
07-02-2004, 10:12 AM
ok...i'm gonna shower and head to wally-world....it's funny htey seem to get more in on time and stock more than the local TRU...cause the KB in the mall closed and tru has no compitition....oh well...i find most the figs i want at wal-mart.....should take the drive to jacksonville, arkansas that is....it's bigger, and has more action figs....oit almost beats the tru in little rock...

TheCloneRanger
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm also heading out for the evening to burn a pay check. If I find any Quarries, you guys will know it. And I'll pick up whatever extras I can.

cqb101
07-02-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm also heading out for the evening to burn a pay check. If I find any Quarries, you guys will know it. And I'll pick up whatever extras I can.

Awesome.

Spitfire
07-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Wow okay so I woke up early today and headed over to Wal-mart. The guy in the Toy Asile WASNT there today! It was someone else who is actually. I asked him about Quarry and he said that he will hold me some in the back. I asked him to hold me 5. He said thats good and I have to come get them by Monday. I have to go back into the stock room and say Marvin sent me. He said he thinks he remembers seeing them too. Im good to go! On Monday Ill go back and get them!

cqb101
07-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Wow okay so I woke up early today and headed over to Wal-mart. The guy in the Toy Asile WASNT there today! It was someone else who is actually. I asked him about Quarry and he said that he will hold me some in the back. I asked him to hold me 5. He said thats good and I have to come get them by Monday. I have to go back into the stock room and say Marvin sent me. He said he thinks he remembers seeing them too. Im good to go! On Monday Ill go back and get them!

Woo-****in-hoo!

Starscream
07-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Five? Good grief how many of Quarry comes to a case?

Please post pics once you get her as I'd like to see some official confirmation that she's out there.

TheCloneRanger
07-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Sounds like it may be a solid case of our lovely Sydney...so that'd be 16.

I struck out in Louisville as far as Quarry is concerned. 12" Fighting Gear, however, is another story...

rayfillet101
07-02-2004, 07:44 PM
As long as I know that she is out, I think i can wait til she hits the east coast! Thats so cool that you found her! The people at my wall world suck. they only order two types of shrek two figures: shrek and donkey. Who only orders two types of figures? I want my puss n Boots and Dragon! Thats like only ordering the red and the pink power rangers without stocking the green, black, or blue (im talkign mighty morphin!) Fugitoid better come out soon or I will have a long summer of insanity!

cqb101
07-02-2004, 07:50 PM
As long as I know that she is out, I think i can wait til she hits the east coast! Thats so cool that you found her! The people at my wall world suck. they only order two types of shrek two figures: shrek and donkey. Who only orders two types of figures? I want my puss n Boots and Dragon! Thats like only ordering the red and the pink power rangers without stocking the green, black, or blue (im talkign mighty morphin!) Fugitoid better come out soon or I will have a long summer of insanity!

Actuallym what probably happened is the other figs shipped, too but they were shortpacked so they sold really fast. I distributor can't order certain figures, they order cases thatr the company puts together with their own counts of each figure.

Starscream
07-02-2004, 07:56 PM
I really doubt we'll see a case of just Quarry when she hits. That would be a bit weird as I don't recall any main line TMNT figure being in that situation.

Even having 5 of her in a case is pushing the realms of believability to me since she'd probably be in a case with some turtles which are usually the heavily packed figures.

I'm thinking people are getting their hopes up for nothing but I'll be pleased to be proven wrong.

rayfillet101
07-05-2004, 02:56 PM
and the reason why you havent posted about this is cuz u r in shock because you found her, right? well, i understand! Keep us posted! hope everyone had a good 4th of july

Spitfire
07-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I really doubt we'll see a case of just Quarry when she hits. That would be a bit weird as I don't recall any main line TMNT figure being in that situation.

Even having 5 of her in a case is pushing the realms of believability to me since she'd probably be in a case with some turtles which are usually the heavily packed figures.

I'm thinking people are getting their hopes up for nothing but I'll be pleased to be proven wrong.
Remember I only saw one figure with my eyes here Im going by what the guy said to me. Anyways no one has taken me to Wal-mart yet Im not at home right now as it is we ended up at a friends house after last night. He was nice enought to let me use his computer. I couldnt go on the 3rd it was my birthday or Yesterday for that matter my Mom told me their closed on holidays so I guess Im going tonight when we get back home and out of damn Fremont
EDIT: Okay so I went and I didnt see any figures on the shelf. I asked someone they said "What you see is what we got" I went into the back and told them "Marvin sent me" they just told me to go away because Im not allowed back there. I dont know what gives here but Im going to get those damned figures even if theres only one Ill get it cause I know what I saw

rayfillet101
07-06-2004, 07:49 AM
wow, they seem really shady their. :lol:

BigApple3AM
07-06-2004, 05:23 PM
No offense to anyone here, but I'll believe it when I see it. Good luck and hopefully you will end up with a bunch of quarries's's's

Spitfire
07-07-2004, 09:14 PM
No offense to anyone here, but I'll believe it when I see it. Good luck and hopefully you will end up with a bunch of quarries's's's
Your right none of you have to believe me but Im not one to waste all your time and get your hopes up for no reason. I really did see one I know my vision isnt the best but I swear that was Quarry on the back of that card. Ill keep going back they have to put it on the shelves eventually

TheRATKING
07-07-2004, 09:25 PM
your vision isnt the best what does that mean :-?

Spitfire
07-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I dont have 20/20 is what I mean

TheRATKING
07-07-2004, 10:34 PM
o i see :lol: sorry im tired and that seemed funny to me this comein from someone who is almost legaly blind

milweskee
07-07-2004, 11:49 PM
This is stupid. There is no Quarry. What you saw was probably nothing more than a mistake, or it was psychological....you wanted to see it, so you saw it.

cqb101
07-08-2004, 08:14 AM
This is stupid. There is no Quarry. What you saw was probably nothing more than a mistake, or it was psychological....you wanted to see it, so you saw it.

Actually, I think this is tupid....Someone on the internet telling someone they don't even know what they did ir didn't see. :roll:

rayfillet101
07-08-2004, 08:22 AM
I sent an e-mail to playmates about it. We will see.

cqb101
07-08-2004, 08:34 AM
I sent an e-mail to playmates about it. We will see.

Cool.

rayfillet101
07-08-2004, 11:11 AM
although i e-mailed them on tuesday so I dont know what takes them so long, they usually reply right away. They must be busy with the TMNT goes BC line! :lol:

Spitfire
07-08-2004, 06:01 PM
It was probably a mistake if they got a box. I went back again today and they refuse to give them to me or even let me see if I was wrong or not Ill have to wait until my friend works there he'll let me in the back. And my eyes don’t play tricks on me not two times in a row at least. There are no other tmnt toys out that are blue all over and on the back of that card that’s what I saw. Yeah it was one card and the box they pulled it out of said Quarry on it. There is no other tmnt toy out with a Q as the first letter either

rayfillet101
07-08-2004, 06:43 PM
"No one here knows about that. I will need a phone number of the stores that have them in stock. Maybe another company carries them too.
Regards, Paula Billingsley "

hmmmmm........

VaughnMichael
07-08-2004, 06:46 PM
"No one here knows about that. I will need a phone number of the stores that have them in stock. Maybe another company carries them too.
Regards, Paula Billingsley "

hmmmmm........
I think that has got to be one of the wierdest answeres anyones ever gotten from them...I mean thats horrid if they really don't know what there selling lol.
-VM

Spitfire
07-08-2004, 06:51 PM
okay people replied I dont need a edit
My friend just called me. He had to go in today because the guy who worked in the toy aisle who was a jerk got fired. My friend says he heard about how Quarry was rare and stole the box of figures. He was planning to sell them on Ebay. He got them home and saw the box was miss marked and one of the figures had the wrong card...so what I saw wasn’t Quarry it was Razor Fist with the wrong card. He got mad and tried to take the box back so he didn’t get in trouble. He got caught bringing it back and they fired him. Its a shame too I mean at least if he stole the box and it actually had Quarry figures in it he could have sold them on Ebay but whatever. I would have found out eventually that there weren’t any figures in the box so better sooner then later. This isn’t the first time this has happened in fact. My friend found a few turtles toys back in the day with wrong cards. I think he still has them but I doubt their MOC

VaughnMichael
07-08-2004, 06:57 PM
okay people replied I dont need a edit
My friend just called me. He had to go in today because the guy who worked in the toy aisle who was a jerk got fired. My friend says he heard about how Quarry was rare and stole the box of figures. He was planning to sell them on Ebay. He got them home and saw the box was miss marked and one of the figures had the wrong card...so what I saw wasn’t Quarry it was Razor Fist with the wrong card. He got mad and tried to take the box back so he didn’t get in trouble. He got caught bringing it back and they fired him. Its a shame too I mean at least if he stole the box and it actually had Quarry figures in it he could have sold them on Ebay but whatever. I would have found out eventually that there weren’t any figures in the box so better sooner then later. This isn’t the first time this has happened in fact. My friend found a few turtles toys back in the day with wrong cards. I think he still has them but I doubt their MOC

soooo wait your friend got a Razorfist figure on a quarry card??!?!?
dude that's still awsome if that's the case i'd just be happy to see the back of her card..stupid to get fired of figures.
-VM

Spitfire
07-08-2004, 07:00 PM
No one got the Razor Fist with a Quarry card the guy who stole them got fired and maybe arrested. My friend just told me because I told him to call me if anything happened. Maybe I can get a hold of this Razor Fist though. I may already have one but this defect might worth something

rayfillet101
07-08-2004, 07:18 PM
wow, that walmart might have a Help wanted sign in its window for a while. Sucks about Quarry! I sent playmates and angry letter about the future of the turtles, I also sent it to the official website. Im a bit mad how playmates does this to us, gets our hopes up, then shoots us down(with the sumemr releases too) wheres my baxter? Where's my water foot mystic? Im happy to get Gaurdian Ninja and Utrom but i was all set to get the other ones

Spitfire
07-08-2004, 07:26 PM
They will have that job taken in a week people are dieing for jobs all over round my house. Plus its open 24/7. This guy worked nights though.......anyways its not really Playmates fault their machines probly messed up or whoever puts the cards into the machines and the boxes

milweskee
07-09-2004, 01:31 AM

Actually, I think this is tupid....Someone on the internet telling someone they don't even know what they did ir didn't see. :roll:

Told ya so! :D

cqb101
07-09-2004, 05:37 AM

Told ya so! :D

Shut up. :P Although now It does seem kinda fishy....

Starscream
07-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Le Sigh
:roll: